PDA

View Full Version : corrupted character file

rabbedrabit
December 11th, 2017, 19:39
ok so i built a character for pathfinder, and i created the class and exported the class as a mod. i used the mod for character creation. when importing the character to the campain server i get a corrupted character file error and the character is unavailable to select for the up load. i built the character in manage characters.
any idea what i did wrong or how to fix?
thanks

JohnD
December 11th, 2017, 19:43
Does the campaign you're trying to import to have the module active prior to you attempting to import?

When you exported your PC from Manage Characters, were there any errors?

Trenloe
December 11th, 2017, 19:49
Can you post a screenshot of the error you're getting?

Is the character you exported correct XML - open up the exported character XML file and paste into the "Try to check your own" section here: https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp

rabbedrabit
December 11th, 2017, 20:17

Is the character you exported correct XML - open up the exported character XML file and paste into the "Try to check your own" section here: https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp

it was built completly in manage characters never used hero lab or any such 3rd party software if that makes a differance.
so export the character to desk top aqnd check it there? ok will do
sorry for typos my 1 handed typing skill is not trained yet

rabbedrabit
December 11th, 2017, 20:18
Does the campaign you're trying to import to have the module active prior to you attempting to import?

When you exported your PC from Manage Characters, were there any errors?
i tried to pull it directly from manage characters.
no the mod was not open

rabbedrabit
December 11th, 2017, 20:25

says error on line 3 collem 1 line is empty

Trenloe
December 11th, 2017, 22:43
Please attached the exported XML to a post here.

rabbedrabit
December 12th, 2017, 10:09
Please attached the exported XML to a post here.

sorry dont know how to do that
tried zipping the file and attaching it but dont have permisions.
ya not very tech savy here

Trenloe
December 12th, 2017, 15:37
sorry dont know how to do that
tried zipping the file and attaching it but dont have permisions.
ya not very tech savy here
Click the "Go Advanced" button under the reply box then click the paper clip button that opens the file attach window.

rabbedrabit
December 12th, 2017, 19:14
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/images/attach/xml.gif

maybe this will work?

Trenloe
December 12th, 2017, 19:20
maybe this will work?
I can download that XML file - thanks.

Does this fail for you when importing into FG? Because it works fine for me, and it is valid XML.

rabbedrabit
December 13th, 2017, 01:18
no it does not show up in the campain when trying to import characters.
when i clicked the arrow in the campains characters tab it sayed there is a corupted file. that one and a couple others where not available. ive deleted all my characters in the manage characters and built that character within the campain

Trenloe
December 13th, 2017, 01:32
no it does not show up in the campain when trying to import characters.
when i clicked the arrow in the campains characters tab it sayed there is a corupted file. that one and a couple others where not available. ive deleted all my characters in the manage characters and built that character within the campain
OK, sounds like something had messed up with Manage Characters XML file. As you've deleted the characters in Manage Characters I'm guessing that you no longer get the error message? That is, this issue no longer exists - there's nothing to try and fix at this point?

rabbedrabit
December 13th, 2017, 04:39
OK, sounds like something had messed up with Manage Characters XML file. As you've deleted the characters in Manage Characters I'm guessing that you no longer get the error message? That is, this issue no longer exists - there's nothing to try and fix at this point?

i ended up building the character on the server. dont know if it is still an issue untell i build anouther character and try and import it i guess. hopefully my character does not die in rappan athuk to quickly to quickly