PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Run FG on a Samsung Tab Pro S2?

paladinpariah
December 8th, 2017, 16:15
Trying to figure out which Windows tablet I want to buy. Whether it runs FG well is a key criteria. I know it runs well on a Surface Pro as I know someone who ran it on one. Any advice on this would be awesome thanks.

Trenloe
December 8th, 2017, 17:18
The main issue will be the 4GB RAM - if you're loading lots of modules and pushing FG up over 2GB RAM use then you may see some slow down. And if you're using other apps, you're going to be moving into virtual memory pretty quickly - Windows 10 needs 2GB itself. And, even though the disk is SSD, this is still an overhead on the system and may slow things down.

That m3 processor is pretty low spec too. See comparison with an i5 here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/compare-products.html/processors?productIds=126685,88198

You can probably run it but not very well, with slowdown, some of it really noticeable in places. It all depends on whether that is acceptable to you or not and if you need to run other apps.

As a comparison - I run FG as a GM on a Surface Pro 3, i5 with 8GB RAM. This is a little slow in some places - choppy dice, delays in dice results, etc.. But it's usable to me - it might annoy others.

I'd say that you'd be disappointed running FG on this - especially if you're the GM.

paladinpariah
December 8th, 2017, 18:00
Super helpful thanks...