PDA

View Full Version : Custom Occupations (7e)

flekhabren
December 7th, 2017, 18:52
I'm not sure if its intentional or not, but when making a new job you can remove occupational skill slots but you cant add them. At least not with a right click or the enter key.

ianmward
December 8th, 2017, 22:42
I'm not sure if its intentional or not, but when making a new job you can remove occupational skill slots but you cant add them. At least not with a right click or the enter key.

Sounds like a bug, I'll take a look. Thanks.

flekhabren
December 9th, 2017, 01:07
thanks

related to that, I could not figure out how to offer a range of skills. Like with the "one interpersonal skill" on the Athlete occupation

ianmward
December 9th, 2017, 03:47
thanks

related to that, I could not figure out how to offer a range of skills. Like with the "one interpersonal skill" on the Athlete occupation

Unfortunately this one is not yet implemented. As mentioned in another thread, the only way to define thease at the moment is by editing the XML outside FG.

I will be implementing this in the future, but after some other things.

Ian

damned
December 9th, 2017, 04:08
As a little background - RPGs are full of rules. And Exceptions to Rules. And Exceptions to Exceptions. And Edge cases. And Unique situations. etc etc.
Coding support for them all is hard enough without coding an interface to allow you to create them all from within a GUI.
We dont create the reference materials using a GUI either.