PDA

View Full Version : Savage Mojo’s Noir Knights one shot December 16th

Ellspeth
December 7th, 2017, 13:21
The Mission Link
A Savage Worlds One Sheet for Heroic/Legendary characters in the Suzerain setting.
Realm: Mortal realms, American Grit
(USA in the Great Depression of the 1930s).The Ordo Hermeticus Octostium is just one of many ‘mystical orders’ that sprang up in the spiritualist craze of the previous decades. In general, they’re no more or less problematical than Freemasons or Rosicrucians, but occasionally you’ll find members of those sorts of groups who believe that ‘with great power comes an obligation to further your own agenda’... and that’s when trouble starts. Frank Augustus Miller is one of those guys, and the trouble has certainly started.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2875

Ram Tyr
December 7th, 2017, 13:55
Hi Ellspeth.

I played in one of your other one shots recently. I'm still interested in learning Savage Worlds and would love another one shot while I am looking for a long term group. (I'm also doing the Scooby Doo one shot earlier on the 16th.)

I've signed up on the calendar. Please let me know if pregens will be available.

Ellspeth
December 7th, 2017, 14:04
How remiss of me, I am usually pushing Savage Mojos free material, including the pre-gens they offer for every setting. Here you are, though I need to create one more to have 6. As always if you are the first to ask to reserve a character it is yours.
https://www.rpgnow.com/product/114841/Noir-Knights-Characters?term=Noir+Knights&filters=1600_0_0_0_0&manufacturers_id=112&test_epoch=0

Ram Tyr
December 7th, 2017, 14:53
I'll snag Dobly the G man!

Thanks!

Sammage
December 7th, 2017, 16:14
Point of order about one of the pre-gens backgrounds....there was no FSU in the 1930's. It was still the Florida State College for Women. Since the pre-gen is male, he can't have attended FSU. Going to need to make him a Gator from UF....or a Rattler from A&M.

Ellspeth
December 7th, 2017, 22:17
Point of order about one of the pre-gens backgrounds....there was no FSU in the 1930's. It was still the Florida State College for Women. Since the pre-gen is male, he can't have attended FSU. Going to need to make him a Gator from UF....or a Rattler from A&M.

LOL Sammage I passed your catch on that one straight to the top and will be correcting it in the module for pre-gens and one sheets. The feedback was appreciated, the response was I love it, shows player enthusiasm. Since I also need to make a sixth pre-gen, which if approved at the top will eventually be included in the material.

BDaniel
December 10th, 2017, 16:01

No respected Seminole would ever be a Gator. 8)

Ellspeth
December 15th, 2017, 12:05
Okay guys this is full with one in reserve (Clyde from Savage Mojo will be joining us). Two pre-gens unclaimed, Mr. Flannigan and Mr. Shao, if you want to reserve one of those please do. See you all tomorrow.

Ellspeth
December 17th, 2017, 02:45
I don't usually post the screen shots here, but this game had to schedule a second session. New note: Two headed blood hounds are brutal.
Lots of blood, most of it the dead dogs, the ruizologist got creative AND lucky with a raise he called up a dust demon that fought on THEIR side.

Ellspeth
December 24th, 2017, 03:57
I want to thank you guys again for playing, and entering into the new aspects so enthusiastically. It is always fun. Wasn't sure how this was going to end, but the team managed to disrupt a bunch of cultists, and though the leader escaped he committed suicide once the Feds got warrants based on the statements of the other cult members, kidnapping and intent to commit murder.
I learn a lot as a GM in each and every game and I appreciate all of your patience.
And once again the essentially unarmed ruizologist and his weather spells disrupted things enough to turn the battle to his tteam.

Ram Tyr
December 24th, 2017, 12:53
Thanks for the fun!

It was interesting to see Savage Worlds system working with three of the five players being relative newbs to SW. It was entertaining watching us work out how to deal with so many enemies, with their use of environmental barriers / cover, and with the perceived time pressure.

Ellspeth
December 24th, 2017, 14:03
3 of 5 players were newbies, but did I mention last night was only the 12th game I have run anywhere ever? Both Savage Worlds rule system and the automation of Fantasy Grounds in the ruleset also makes it one of the easiest for someone like me to pick up and run a halfway decent game. And I like Savage Worlds because nearly anyone can pick it up and be an effective member of the team in the first 30 minutes of the session. Yes they still have a lot to learn, but it doesn't stop them from being effective NOW.
Also Noir Knights pre-gens are all heroic level, Set Rising are demi-gods, which means new players are also starting with a LOT more to track than a novice level character, and you guys have done wonderfully with that. You all had to dig deep into edges and rely on the telesma to win, and as unfamiliar as it was for all of you, you did an amazing job.
Though I am sure Miss Bonner plans to have a long talk with that ruizologist and controlling his weather spells to limit damage to her clothes and hair.

Sammage
December 26th, 2017, 23:23
Miss Bonner wasn't shy telling me all about the drawbacks to my awesome weather powers in the moment. I did think Hurricane Flannigan was a lot of fun.