PDA

View Full Version : Looking for players - Conan 2d20 Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of

Yskonyn
December 5th, 2017, 12:09
With my absolute favorite setting getting a grand RPG system I am going to dive in head-first; always thought about becoming a GM and never dared, but its time to get rid of the shackles now that my beloved Conan is free once again as well. ;)

I am looking for players who are patient and do not mind the fumblings of a new GM. :D
Working schedules and family life demands its toll on gaming life, so if you're looking for a high intensity multiple days a week thing, this will not be it. More like a bi-weekly thing.
Its best to start going through character creation and then take on a few premade adventures to get our feet wet and to get to know eachother's playstyle.
The long term goals would be to continue in my own vision of the Hyborean Age.

I would prefer if we'd use camera and voice to play, cause it will be as close to a 'live-at-the-table' experience as can be. But if people prefer to start without, but regard it as an option if the group is something long-term, I'd be happy to go along as well.

Bottom line is this basically;
I am super stoked about Conan 2d20! I've always wanted to GM, but never did before! I just HAVE to go ahead now and I hope there are some of you out there who'd like to participate (and help me!)! :D

Blahness98
December 5th, 2017, 13:31
I think I missed it in there, but what days or times were you looking at?

Yskonyn
December 5th, 2017, 13:51
Hi Blahness98!

Well that’s the thing: with my work I have to be flexible.

Two scenarios:
1) We choose a set day in a period. If my job prevents that day we skip it and automatically jump to the next set day instead.
2) We actively look at available days each time my new roster period comes out instead of set days.

Either way, it’s something I’d like to define with the group rather than in advance.

My timezone is GMT + 1 (Western Europe).

I appreciate the interest!

Sheiken
December 5th, 2017, 15:23
Hi there Yskonyn, sounds really intresting and i am intrested. so +1 unforunatly i dont have a webcam though ;(

Yskonyn
December 5th, 2017, 19:35
Hi Sheiken,

Thank you for daring this adventure with me! No problem if you do not have a camera (yet? :D ).
Keep an eye on this space!

Sheiken
December 5th, 2017, 19:53
I am not that much into getting a video camera but i might buy a cheap trash one incase we start a group.

Yskonyn
December 5th, 2017, 20:00
I was just joking there. No need to invest into anything. :)

Kingofthecrows
December 5th, 2017, 21:14
Hey man, sounds like you got great enthusiasm. I eventually want to start DMing, myself. If you have room for one more, sign me up. If not, I'm always down to be on a waiting list.

Yskonyn
December 5th, 2017, 21:57
Thanks for your interest, Kingofthecrows! Keep an eye on this thread.

Yskonyn
December 7th, 2017, 06:47
@Blahness98 confirm you are not interested being a player?

Guys, I am now in the process of porting the introductory adventure into FG. If you download the introductory rules of the game, please don’t read through the adventure!

Ideally we start with 3 or 4 players.

Yskonyn
December 7th, 2017, 11:37
While waiting for players and my prepping, I'd like you to look at this tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB00GI8zKbE

It explains the Conan theme for MoreCore which we will use for the game. Load it up in your FG and play around with it, so you become familiar with its workings.

Do NOT watch any other videos of The Jolly GM about Conan 2d20 please; he has a 3 hr one about the intro scenario. :)

Yskonyn
December 8th, 2017, 08:42
@Sheiken @Kingofthecrows how much experience do you have with Conan 2d20?

Sheiken
December 8th, 2017, 08:53
I have 0 experience with the 2d20 system, I have played another conan the barbarian system before, though not that much.

Sheiken
December 8th, 2017, 21:47
@Yskonyn could u link me the morecore conan ? I am kinda new to fantasy grounds aswell.

tlavalle
December 9th, 2017, 01:39
what time of day? i am -6 hours, but i am open

adammar
December 9th, 2017, 02:29
I too would be very interested though I am on the other side of the world. Somewhat familiar with the system (though I've mostly played the Mutant Chronicle version)

Yskonyn
December 9th, 2017, 07:48
@Sheiken:
MoreCore- https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset

Conan extension- https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36019-Conan-Extension-V-3-1

tlavalle and adammar thank you for showing interest!
-6 equates to US east coast am I right? That might be workable for evening sessions my time as long as you’re able to play during the afternoon.

Adammar, which side of the world are you on?

Sheiken
December 13th, 2017, 18:48
@Yskonyn Hey any update?

Yskonyn
December 14th, 2017, 09:18
I guess we should start planning a date.

The first adventure is almost done in FG, so by the time we have everyone's agenda's lined up it should be ready to go.

Generally Wednesdays and Sundays work best for me, but I do have a very erratic working schedule so it might take a while to find something we can all be there.

Earliest I could do will be 30th december or 8, 9 or 10 januari. All would be evenings.

Blahness98
December 14th, 2017, 14:27
Sorry for the lack of reply. It has been a little busy by me. Unfortunately, the time frame and dates will not work with my schedule. But good luck and have fun in your game!

Yskonyn
December 14th, 2017, 20:05
That's too bad @Blahness98 I am pretty flexible so if there is any way to cater more to your schedule don't hesitate to make it known!

@Sheiken do you want to create one of the introductory characters in FG yourself (to get a hang of the technicalities), perhaps with help from me? If so we could try to meet up asap so I can talk you through it?

As an alternative I can just create the characters and you just choose the one you'd like to play.

Yskonyn
December 17th, 2017, 13:59
The adventure is pretty much ready to be played now!

‘To Race a Thunder’ offers a set of pre generated characters to get our feet wet, but if you’d like to create your own feel free to do so.

I’d like to know in advance what each player wants in order to estimate the time needed pre-play.

Also, if you’re not familiar with FG or the 2d20 system we can first schedule a ‘basics’ session to take it easy.

At any rate I’d like to know where we stand on players! :)

Sheiken
December 19th, 2017, 16:51
Hi sry @Yskonyn,

Exams and **** is beating my ***.

I would very much like to create my character with some help from you, at a time before the actual rp start.

The best time for me to play would be either the 30th December or after the 12th Januari

I have never played the 2d20 system before so i might need a bit of a walktrough.

BlueDemon617
December 21st, 2017, 03:59
You are approached by a Gold Dragonborn wearing very loose fitting silk pants and a vest. He speaks.
"Good day sir. My name is Gygax" He puts one fist into his other hand and bows to you.
"I have seen on the calendar that you will be adventuring. I would like to join you in your adventure. If you cant already tell I'm a monk, i normally only come here to this village when needed so i guess one could call me a hermit, meaning i wont be in town for long. I live a ways north of here in a small cave, should you wish to speak find me there. Thank you for your time good sir" he bows again
"may your life be filled with peace, wisdom, love, and strength." he says as he walks away and enters a near by shop.

this short character intro by

Matthew

Availability as follows. On Eastern Standard Time USA
Sunday - Evenings available 4pm start
Monday - not available
Tuesday - All Day available
Wednesday - not available
Thursday - not available
Friday - not available
Saturday - Evenings available 5pm start

Yskonyn
December 22nd, 2017, 20:47
@Sheiken let’s push it into the new year.

@BlueDemon617
“Well met, Gygax. My name is Cyriac. I was once a King of a land glittering under the star lit skies of yore.
Now I could be called a hermit, just like yourself.
No matter your past, you will find adventure alongside me.”

Cyriac places his fist into his other hand and bows to mimic Gygax’ gesture to show respect.

Yskonyn
December 31st, 2017, 15:35
Happy Newyear everyone!
Here's to great adventures in 2018!

Sheiken
February 8th, 2018, 11:48
Sry for being dead for a while, how has the plans been?

Yskonyn
February 8th, 2018, 11:51
Things have been slow here as well, so don't worry.
I think you might be the only one showing a sign of life in this thread up until now. :D

GamerDude
February 18th, 2018, 07:14
i was very stoked to see this ad (bought the top lvl Conan 2d20 Kickstarter) but I am GMT-8.

Yskonyn
February 18th, 2018, 20:58
Hi GamerDude, I am sorry to hear that, but indeed the time difference is probably a bit too much.
I hope you find a Conan game more suited to your timezone!

GamerDude
February 18th, 2018, 22:04
Hi GamerDude, I am sorry to hear that, but indeed the time difference is probably a bit too much.
I hope you find a Conan game more suited to your timezone!
I'd like you to keep me in mind. I own everythign for MC, STA, and wave 1 of the Conan RPG kickstarter. I've run a small MC campaign and played in a short lived Infinity RPG game on roll20.net so all I would need is to install the ruleset/extensions. I'm retired the only demands on my time are my wife's medical appointments .

An intro to me can be found at... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42487-LFG-1-Plyr-Sun-(anytime)-or-Tue-Fri-(1700-or-later)-PST-US-Open-to-5E-PF-CoC

Thank you.

Yskonyn
February 19th, 2018, 12:25
I am always open for flexibility, so if we can make things work you're more than welcome.
The problem might be on my end, though. As you can see from my initial post, I have a few restrictions on when to organise event. :)

GamerDude
February 20th, 2018, 03:07
Sure, just look at what your schedule allows and let’s see if we can get something started!

daemonos
November 4th, 2018, 10:55
Guys whats the time /day schedule? I want to join in!!! Literally love Conan seeing

daemonos
November 4th, 2018, 10:57
I am in Greece so its gmt+2 for me

ShotGun Jolly
November 15th, 2018, 13:37
While waiting for players and my prepping, I'd like you to look at this tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB00GI8zKbE

It explains the Conan theme for MoreCore which we will use for the game. Load it up in your FG and play around with it, so you become familiar with its workings.

Do NOT watch any other videos of The Jolly GM about Conan 2d20 please; he has a 3 hr one about the intro scenario. :)

Hey whats wrong with a 3 hour game stream? lol.. I got shorter vids on how I use MoreCore floating around. :P

Yskonyn
November 16th, 2018, 07:39
Hi Jolly!

No it wasn’t about the length. It was to prevent spoilers because I might run that adventure with them. ��

ShotGun Jolly
November 16th, 2018, 20:39
Hi Jolly!

No it wasn’t about the length. It was to prevent spoilers because I might run that adventure with them. ��

I was just making fun, I am glad to see other playing 2D20. Its become an obsession of mine in the last year!