PDA

View Full Version : Port Forwarding is hard

shanehokanstud
December 5th, 2017, 04:23
I know that this has probably been addressed time and time again, but I have searched high and low both here on the forums and on google, youtube, etc...
Everyone says that it's very simple, but I can't seem to figure it out. I'm no SUPER technical, but I'm not an idiot either.

I just want to host a game, but when I check the connection it of course fails.

I know that FG uses port 1802 using TCP protocol, and that port 1802 has to be open to the internet....but I don't know what any of that means. I went to the port forwarding website referenced in the FAQ, but my router (technicolor C2100T from Century Link) is not listed. I can log into my router and I can find the port forwarding section. It has 4 sections:

1. Select device, or manually enter an IP address.
-This is simple, my machine. I selected my computer from the drop down.
2. Enter the LAN port information.
-This asks for "Starting Port" and Ending Port." I have no idea what to enter into either of these fields.
3. Select the Protocol.
- I selected TCP from the drop down
4. Enter the remote port and IP information.
-This has two radio buttons, "All IP addresses" and "Define IP Address." As above, no idea which to select (pretty sure the second option involves more work/info that I also don't know).

Any help here??

I really love FG as a product, but really I feel like it shouldn't have to be this hard or technical to host a game. Very frustrating.

Trenloe
December 5th, 2017, 04:28
2) Put in 1802 for start and end ports.

4) All IP Addresses.