PDA

View Full Version : Looking for One More - Curse of Strahd 5E

Moranthus
December 4th, 2017, 14:49
Greetings,

Reposting this to fill a recent vacancy.

FG License: Standard
Game System: 5E
Time Zone: GMT -5 (EST)
Day of week and time: Sundays 5PM-9PM
If new game, planned start date: Already Started
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 Hour sessions; weekly
Term: Not set

Text or Voice: Text
Voice software used: N/A

Roleplay & Combat mix: 70% Roleplay, 30% Combat (Varies but weighted toward RP)
Number of Players in game & needed: Currently 3, looking for 1 more.
Character starting level & equipment: 5
Character restrictions: Neutral and Good aligned PCs only. No class restrictions. Custom races available.
Player Restrictions: Must never have completed Curse of Strahd campaign. Addiionally, new players to the campaign are preferred (players who have only played through part of the campaign may be considered, based on their experience with the material).

Details of your scenario:

This is an ongoing playthrough of Curse of Strahd for D&D 5E. The Campaign is set originally in a custom fantasy world of my own creation however the current focus of the game is the demi-plane of Ravenloft. I mention this because there is the possibility of higher level play in the original setting should the characters survive their time in Ravenloft. We are eight sessions in and approximately 30% of the way through the campaign. The game is heavy RP with occasional heavy combat – so anyone considering the game should be comfortable with sessions that can, at times, consist of just a few heavy scenes. This is not to say that combat doesn’t occur and occasionally it will become the focus of an entire session but this is always a result of roleplay and character choice.

I am posting this because recently I have had to let a good player go because they did not fit with the rest of the group (this is not a statement against them as a player, it just happens sometimes as I’m sure many of you know). Since this game is text based, ensuring we have players that jive together well is essential to having a game that flows well. Because of this I would like anyone interested to reach out to me via PM so that I can ask you some questions and get a sense of your experience and what you would like to get out of the game. This isn’t an interview – it’s simply doing some extra legwork to ensure that anyone brought into the campaign will have fun along with everyone else.

If interested, please send me (Moranthus) a private message here on the forums. Feel free to include any questions you might have and we’ll get the conversation started. Thank you for your consideration of my game.

SirGraystone
December 4th, 2017, 17:15
Sound interesting, but sadly I know too much about Curse of Strahd campaign.

Oak
December 5th, 2017, 02:14
PM sent

Moranthus
December 6th, 2017, 04:50
I would like to thank those that applied for their interest in the game. The spot has been filled. Good adventuring to you all!