PDA

View Full Version : Interest Thread - Savage Worlds (any setting)

Springroll
December 4th, 2017, 10:39
I'm a huge fan of the Savage Worlds RPG and would with this thread offer my services as a GM. I'm willing to act as GM for any setting known to man :)
I've been GM'ing various RPG's since the 80's and would humbly say that I'm quite good at it (so that's that).

So please show your interest for Savage Worlds, and enter suggestions on what setting and what type of game you would like to see and we'll create this game together, also put the times you would most likely be able to play.

Oh, I'm in the CET time zone by the way.

/Springroll

Rimne
December 4th, 2017, 11:34
Some kind of suspenseful horror comes to mind as something that could be enjoyable with Savage Worlds. Is that something you enjoy?

Springroll
December 4th, 2017, 11:37
Some kind of suspenseful horror comes to mind as something that could be enjoyable with Savage Worlds. Is that something you enjoy?
Yes, would something like Cthulhu work?

Rimne
December 4th, 2017, 11:42
Yes, would something like Cthulhu work?

Sure that sounds perfect. Would you enjoy a European setting?

I can play from 08:00 to 23:00 CET most days. Preferably not tuesdays, and weekdays work better than weekends. That said I can do weekends too.

Springroll
December 4th, 2017, 13:17
Sure that sounds perfect. Would you enjoy a European setting?

I can play from 08:00 to 23:00 CET most days. Preferably not tuesdays, and weekdays work better than weekends. That said I can do weekends too.
Good! Yes and a European setting would be fine.

Rimne
December 4th, 2017, 14:40
Good! Yes and a European setting would be fine.

Cool, I'll just follow the thread and I'm sure others will join :)
I'm in

Ram Tyr
December 4th, 2017, 14:48
I am really interested in learning Savage Worlds. I've played in a few one shots using SW but nothing long enough to really feel comfortable with the system. If you are pursuing Cthulhu on a weeknight, let me offer a weekend option! (You'll see why CET weeknights don't work for me.)

I would love a post apocalyptic setting or a scifi setting. Though to learn SW I am willing to be flexible, so, in order of preference... post apocalyptic, scifi (Last Parsec), modern, fantasy. I have a long history of playing fantasy games but I am interested in trying other stuff so I list it last.

As I mentioned I would need a weekend time to make things work in CET. Perhaps starting at 14:00 CET for a three hour session. (Not sure if you were hoping for longer?) Unless you are going to schedule things very early in the morning in CET our schedules won't match up on weeknights. (14:00 CET is 08:00 for me.) (14:00 also falls within Rimne's window if he has an interest despite it being a weekend proposal and not a Cthulhu game.)

Obviously, I am just throwing it out there in case there is enough overlap to make something work. I have been trying to find a group to play SW with for some time but I have had no luck. I tried to be very flexible with the genre/setting because I know that being in the US limits scheduling availability for CET. If this is viable, I am game!

Springroll
December 4th, 2017, 15:57
I am really interested in learning Savage Worlds. I've played in a few one shots using SW but nothing long enough to really feel comfortable with the system. If you are pursuing Cthulhu on a weeknight, let me offer a weekend option! (You'll see why CET weeknights don't work for me.)

I would love a post apocalyptic setting or a scifi setting. Though to learn SW I am willing to be flexible, so, in order of preference... post apocalyptic, scifi (Last Parsec), modern, fantasy. I have a long history of playing fantasy games but I am interested in trying other stuff so I list it last.

As I mentioned I would need a weekend time to make things work in CET. Perhaps starting at 14:00 CET for a three hour session. (Not sure if you were hoping for longer?) Unless you are going to schedule things very early in the morning in CET our schedules won't match up on weeknights. (14:00 CET is 08:00 for me.) (14:00 also falls within Rimne's window if he has an interest despite it being a weekend proposal and not a Cthulhu game.)

Obviously, I am just throwing it out there in case there is enough overlap to make something work. I have been trying to find a group to play SW with for some time but I have had no luck. I tried to be very flexible with the genre/setting because I know that being in the US limits scheduling availability for CET. If this is viable, I am game!

14:00 CET on a Saturday might work for me ( a three hour session would be fine as well) - If Rimne is up for a setting change I wouldn't mind a post apocalyptic setting either :)

Rimne
December 5th, 2017, 16:51
@Springroll are you thinking a suspenseful horror game in that post-apocalypric setting? Or, how do you imagine this game if not? What will it be about?

Springroll
December 5th, 2017, 17:11
@Springroll are you thinking a suspenseful horror game in that post-apocalypric setting? Or, how do you imagine this game if not? What will it be about?
Oh, nothing solid at all yet, I'm not against running a suspensful horror game and then running a Post-apocalyptic game, I hadn't thought about mixing them.... but now that you mention it :)

Ram Tyr
December 5th, 2017, 17:48
I am not interested in horror, so if you want to do that, run with it during Rimne's preferred time. This is why i offered my suggestion as an alternative option and mentioned that Rimne may not be interested since the game I suggested is not a Cthulhu game. As I mentioned, I offered multiple options in order of preference so as to provide built in flexibility. However, horror is absent from my list.

If you go with horror, I'm cool with it. No hard feelings. Everyone should play what they like.

Springroll
December 5th, 2017, 19:17
I am not interested in horror, so if you want to do that, run with it during Rimne's preferred time. This is why i offered my suggestion as an alternative option and mentioned that Rimne may not be interested since the game I suggested is not a Cthulhu game. As I mentioned, I offered multiple options in order of preference so as to provide built in flexibility. However, horror is absent from my list.

If you go with horror, I'm cool with it. No hard feelings. Everyone should play what they like.
No hard feeling at all :) I'm fine with whatever is easier to find players for be it horror och post-apocalyptic, that being said I think I would have an easier time coming up with good adventures for the post-apocalyptic setting.

Rimne
December 5th, 2017, 21:13
Would you (both) have any idea of how the game would transpire? Would you see it as a combat-oriented ruin-exploration thingie abit like Fallout? Or a objective-oriented combat game, like Wasteland? Or a more exploration and rp oriented game like Numenera? Would it be sci-fi, or more alterenative future, or fantasy in a post-apocalyptic world? Would we be using some form of established setting, or just play everything by ear?

I'm just trying to picture what this alternative would look like to see if it would be something I'd be into :)

Springroll
December 6th, 2017, 05:28
Would you (both) have any idea of how the game would transpire? Would you see it as a combat-oriented ruin-exploration thingie abit like Fallout? Or a objective-oriented combat game, like Wasteland? Or a more exploration and rp oriented game like Numenera? Would it be sci-fi, or more alterenative future, or fantasy in a post-apocalyptic world? Would we be using some form of established setting, or just play everything by ear?

I'm just trying to picture what this alternative would look like to see if it would be something I'd be into :)
If we run a Post-Apocalyptic game I would use an established setting, either Hell on Earth, Mutant Zero (Savage Worlds version) or Broken Earth. As to the type of game I like to play it's a mix between Exploration, Adventure, Combat, and RP, the setting is definitely earth with a survivor/exploration take, not so much fantasy as an alternative reality.

Rimne
December 6th, 2017, 06:08
Mutant Zero sounds quite interesting, I'd like that. I'd join a Broken Earth campaign aswell.
I did some Deadlands back when. It was a fun for a little while, but it's not really my thing.

:)

Ram Tyr
December 6th, 2017, 14:04
Mutant Zero sounds quite interesting, I'd like that. I'd join a Broken Earth campaign aswell.
I did some Deadlands back when. It was a fun for a little while, but it's not really my thing.

:)

I back this 100%. Including supporting Mutant Zero as first choice and including feeling that Deadlands is not really my thing.

Rimne
December 11th, 2017, 06:51
bump

Bigosch
December 11th, 2017, 14:12
Hi guys,

I would be interested in joining the game as a player. I am new to SW having played a encounters solo (to get the hang of the rules) and finished reading through 50 Fathoms & Lankhmar City of Thieves this week as I would like to have a go at running one of these settings for a bunch of friends locally. Never used Fantasy Grounds before but I am not worried about being able to pick it up very quickly.

So if you are willing to take have me on your adventure and time-wise it fits my schedule you can count me in.

Weekends is also better for me. Should the game turn into a multi session campaign then I can't guarantee to be available every weekend on the same day/time due to other responsibilities but I can be pretty flexible.

Not fussy when it comes to setting.

Ram Tyr
December 11th, 2017, 14:54
Welcome! If you look through the prior posts in the thread you will see that we are currently discussing playing weekly at 14:00 - 17:00 CET on Saturdays. The proposed campaign during that time is the post apocalyptic setting of Mutant Zero. If you can commit to meeting at that time weekly, great! Let us know and we will be happy to have you.

If you don't actually want a regularly scheduled group like that (or can't commit to one due to other responsibilities), don't worry. There are Savage Worlds one shots being offered periodically. For example, this coming Saturday there are two different one shots being offered with Savage Worlds. Keep an eye out and you will be able to find Savage Worlds one shots sprinkled around. This is, by the way, exactly what I have been doing while I try to find a regularly scheduled group. This is why I have high hopes for making this regularly scheduled group work out! Good luck!

Bigosch
December 11th, 2017, 15:52
Ok cool, thanks for the info.

Any chance you could clarify the following?

- Do you have some ideas about how may weeks/months the campaign will run? Having to commit to every Saturday afternoon for half a year is a bit more complicated than for a couple of months ;)

- I am assuming the campaign will start some time in the new year depending on available players.

Cheers!

Springroll
December 11th, 2017, 18:40
Ok cool, thanks for the info.

Any chance you could clarify the following?

- Do you have some ideas about how may weeks/months the campaign will run? Having to commit to every Saturday afternoon for half a year is a bit more complicated than for a couple of months ;)

- I am assuming the campaign will start some time in the new year depending on available player

Cheers!

No, sorry, we'll run the campaign for as long as it's fun, I'm not opposed for the group to take a break once in a while to play something else in-between regular sessions
Yes, most probably the game will start after Christmas but that depends on players - session 0 with character creation might happen sooner

FYI - I'm posting another thread with a link to the Campaign

Bigosch
December 12th, 2017, 13:45
No, sorry, we'll run the campaign for as long as it's fun, I'm not opposed for the group to take a break once in a while to play something else in-between regular sessions
Yes, most probably the game will start after Christmas but that depends on players - session 0 with character creation might happen sooner

FYI - I'm posting another thread with a link to the Campaign

I hear you. I would still be up for playing but like I mentioned I can't guarantee availability every Saturday for months in advance. For example I am going on a snowboarding holiday at the beginning of February which would mean I would have to miss a session.

Having said that I would be available on most weekends.

So if everyone playing will be OK with that and we can be a little flexible about things I would still be interested in joining in.

It's up to you everyone else... No hard feelings.

Springroll
December 12th, 2017, 13:49
I hear you. I would still be up for playing but like I mentioned I can't guarantee availability every Saturday for months in advance. For example I am going on a snowboarding holiday at the beginning of February which would mean I would have to miss a session.

Having said that I would be available on most weekends.

So if everyone playing will be OK with that and we can be a little flexible about things I would still be interested in joining in.

It's up to you everyone else... No hard feelings.

That would work fine! I think that most of us will have a hard time committing to all Saturdays going forward :)

Bigosch
December 12th, 2017, 13:53
That would work fine! I think that most of us will have a hard time committing to all Saturdays going forward :)

In that case I have applied as a player :)

Bigosch
December 12th, 2017, 14:01
On a side note... Is there a SW player's guide for this setting somewhere?

Rimne
December 12th, 2017, 17:47
NOTE:
If you feel like joining this game please refer to its new thread located at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41448-Looking-for-Players-Savage-Worlds-(Mutant-Zero)-CET-(Saturdays)

Thanks,