PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands Reloaded

BadJoss
December 3rd, 2017, 02:09
So... I picked up the Marshal's Handbook and Player's Guide... Both are loaded and there are no tokens or portraits...? Meaning, I have all the ones I had before, but Deadlands added no new ones...?

What am I missing here...? I also can't find any in the store...

Sgain
December 3rd, 2017, 02:21
nope - no tokens and such you'll have to buy or make your own. There are some folks here that do excellent maps and such that I use in my DL game, but I've also spent a lot of coin getting tokens for the game. Portraits are pretty easy to make so that wasn't a big issue.

BadJoss
December 3rd, 2017, 13:56
Sgain, thanks for the reply. Been a referee for a long time (like 40 years; yeah, I'm old...), but just started looking a Savage Worlds which led me to FG. I don't see much for tokens in the FG store and no portraits. Didn't find much/anything on DriveThruRPG either. Where are you buying yours and where do you find the community maps.

BadJoss
December 3rd, 2017, 14:24
Found bunch on DriveThruRPG with different search...

Topdecker
December 3rd, 2017, 22:56
There are one or two maps here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37203-DLR-The-Flood-mapping-assets

BadJoss
December 6th, 2017, 17:47
So, I also noticed that many/most NPCs have no weapons and weapons have no ranges. All are "read-only". Am I missing something here or do you need to create copies to clean them up and make ready for encounters?

Ikael
December 6th, 2017, 18:34
So, I also noticed that many/most NPCs have no weapons and weapons have no ranges. All are "read-only". Am I missing something here or do you need to create copies to clean them up and make ready for encounters?

What modules are you using? Deadlands: Reloaded's Marshal's Handbook and Player's Guide are updated to contain all the information. Can you pin-point what records did you observe?

Sgain
December 6th, 2017, 19:23
make sure you're game is on the latest non-dev version as well. Sometimes that screws with NPC's and such.
What extensions are you using (if any)? They can really make the game a lot better and easier to set up as a GM. Ikael's extensions are all excellent and I use pretty much all of them. The NPC Maker allows you to copy online or pdf character blocks and create NPC's in game! Sometimes you have to tweak them a little but it's still way faster than writing each one in.

I use Pintest to find tokens - then I use Gimp to create them (by creating a transparent layer) - there's loads of youtube videos about making tokens and such, which is what I use to learn how to do things.

If you need any help or want some ideas and such; PM me and we'll get together online sometime and I'll show you what I have - and talk about how to make it for yourself.

BadJoss
December 6th, 2017, 19:31

Ikael
December 7th, 2017, 15:24
What modules do you use? Which NPCs don't have the information? From which module? Can you use /version command in FG and post screenshot of it here?

Talyn
December 7th, 2017, 16:13

See this thread for more info (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41265-Read-only), but the TL;DR answer is that if you're using NPC from a reference module (such as the Deadlands Marshal's Guide) then they are required to be read-only. If you're creating your own content, you're supposed to copy the NPCs then tweak your copy, that way the reference NPC data is always like the book.

However, if NPCs are just plain missing data (the ruleset has been receiving upgrades the past few months and not all the DLC Developers have managed to keep up) then please post the exact NPCs you are seeing this in, and which module(s) they are located in so that the developer can be notified.