PDA

View Full Version : Genesys RPG - Using the Star Wars ruleset to play

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2017, 03:02
Fantasy Flight Games release a new generic RPG system called Genesys on November 30th. This is very similar to their Star Wars RPG systems.

As such, it is possible to play Genesys using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire community ruleset available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset and a basic extension - attached below.

Clean UI extension available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41329-Genesys-RPG-Using-the-Star-Wars-ruleset-to-play&p=369271&viewfull=1#post369271

Please make sure you run at least version v2.1.1b of the Star Wars ruleset - otherwise you'll have SW options on your character sheet and errors when loading!

Download the Genesys SW Ext file attached to this post, put it in your <FG App Data>\extensions directory, create a new "Star Wars EotE" campaign and enable the "Genesys SW Extension" extension.

What does this do?

Version 1

Has all of the base Genesys skills. There is no filter for the campaign setting - remove the ones you don't want. The social and magic skills are all together in the main skill list.
Has the different combat skills added to items - so you can match the new skills as needed.
Star Wars obligation, duty, morality and plus force info removed from the character sheet.
Star Wars logo removed from the desktop.

What it doesn't do!

It doesn't make the Star Wars ruleset CoreRPG compatible. That will come in time - it is a huge task. Don't ask me when I will do it - the answer is sometime next year, maybe.
It uses all of the Star Wars graphics - including the dice symbols. This makes no difference to the roll results.
It uses the Star Wars vehicle critical table - this is different to the Genesys table (the SW one is more detailed). I basically couldn't be bothered to change it - if you want do do your own you can use this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25514-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-ruleset-Custom-Critical-Text-extension
Probably lots of stuff - I've only flicked through the Genesys book in the last few hours.

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2017, 03:02
How to use it

Learn how to use the Star Wars EotE ruleset - there are videos and guides in that ruleset thread!
Manually enter the character details. If you're using an archetype put the name in the "species" field.
Destiny/Luck/Story pools - use the light and darkside chits on the desktop, the mechanics are the same.
Make your own items in the campaign data. Or if you really want to go nuts you can make library modules - see the ones here for example of the XML you'll have to manually create: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules
For those of you not familiar with the Star Wars EotE ruleset - there is very little automation - the main advantage you have is all of the narrative dice tracking and rolling. That's a major advantage in itself. You can drag/drop damage from the chat window onto a target. There is no other targeting.

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2017, 03:03
(Placeholder)

Miekael
December 2nd, 2017, 05:11
Bravo, Trenloe, bravo! I have been looking forward to the release of Genesys and now with this I will need to run out and grab a copy.

Trenloe
December 14th, 2017, 23:06
FFG has released the PDF of the Genesys rulebook: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/6/Fantasy-Flight-Games/subcategory/36_29258/Genesys

borusa32
December 16th, 2017, 16:54
Phew!-I had a nasty feeling we were not going to get a pdf version. I hope they have a lot of luck with this one-we need some more meta systems and the narrative dice concept should not be confined to Star Wars.

sevrick
December 17th, 2017, 00:06
I don't know if it's a bug or not but when calculating encumbrance it doesn't total 10 items with encumbrance value of 0 to = 1 encumbrance.

Trenloe
December 17th, 2017, 07:03
I don't know if it's a bug or not but when calculating encumbrance it doesn't total 10 items with encumbrance value of 0 to = 1 encumbrance.

Correct. The base Star Wars ruleset only does calculations against actual encumbrance values.

EDIT: Items with 0 encumbrance will always have 0 encumbrance. The 10 incidental items - 1 encumbrance is actually an optional/loosely defined rule - 20 optional items = 1 enc if carried in a suitable container, or the GM can increase item encumbrance to reflect difficulty of managing and carrying items by less efficient means.

Hence why 10 incidental items = 1 Encumbrance was not implemented in the Star Wars ruleset or the Genesys extension. Thus it gives the GM the flexibility to change item encumbrance as needed.

If you want 10 of something to be 1 encumbrance, then enter 0.1 for the item encumbrance value.

sevrick
December 17th, 2017, 15:59
Correct. The base Star Wars ruleset only does calculations against actual encumbrance values.

EDIT: Items with 0 encumbrance will always have 0 encumbrance. The 10 incidental items - 1 encumbrance is actually an optional/loosely defined rule - 20 optional items = 1 enc if carried in a suitable container, or the GM can increase item encumbrance to reflect difficulty of managing and carrying items by less efficient means.

Hence why 10 incidental items = 1 Encumbrance was not implemented in the Star Wars ruleset or the Genesys extension. Thus it gives the GM the flexibility to change item encumbrance as needed.

If you want 10 of something to be 1 encumbrance, then enter 0.1 for the item encumbrance value.

Ok thanks that's what I wanted to know.

sevrick
December 17th, 2017, 17:28
Also when doing a Melee (Light) attack I have a weapon that does +3 damage. When I put in the damage for the weapon as 3 it calculates it not as a Brawn +3 + successes, but 3 + successes. Is this just an oversight with the new skill changes for Genesys? Or am I missing something like the 0.1 for encumbrance.

Trenloe
December 17th, 2017, 17:30
Also when doing a Melee (Light) attack I have a weapon that does +3 damage. When I put in the damage for the weapon as 3 it calculates it not as a Brawn +3 + successes, but 3 + successes. Is this just an oversight with the new skill changes for Genesys? Or am I missing something like the 0.1 for encumbrance.
Enter the total damage that the weapon does (before net successes) in the item entry. If the damage is Brawn +3 then do that calculation yourself and put it in the item damage entry once the weapon is added to the character.

sevrick
December 17th, 2017, 17:36
Enter the total damage that the weapon does (before net successes) in the item entry. If the damage is Brawn +3 then do that calculation yourself and put it in the item damage entry once the weapon is added to the character.

Ok that makes sense don't know why I didn't see that sooner. Thx

sevrick
December 18th, 2017, 23:47
So If I wanted to go about making Libraries like one of the other guys did for Edge of the Empire. How would I do that? Right now I am having to put my spells in the section inventory and it's quite annoying.

Trenloe
December 18th, 2017, 23:51
So If I wanted to go about making Libraries like one of the other guys did for Edge of the Empire. How would I do that?
You'd need to manually edit XML to create them. Have a look at the examples available here (both in that thread and in links to other threads): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules

sevrick
December 19th, 2017, 00:09
So I got an XML editor called "XML Copy Editor" For some reason when I try to open the "Star Wars Player Library.mod" it says "Conversion encoding failed". I tried changing the end from .mod to .xml but it said the same thing.

Trenloe
December 19th, 2017, 00:23
So I got an XML editor called "XML Copy Editor" For some reason when I try to open the "Star Wars Player Library.mod" it says "Conversion encoding failed". I tried changing the end from .mod to .xml but it said the same thing.
See information about module files here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Files_Overview#Modules They are a compressed set of files in ZIP format, renamed to .mod. You'll need to rename to .zip and extract - or open the .mod directly in a ZIP application.

Mentalic
December 19th, 2017, 00:25
I went ahead and de-Star Wars'ed the UI. I used that GAP ui that ll00ll00ll00ll (aka Todd Stern) released for 5E. I also updated the symbols to match the Genesys ones. It came out OK. If you want the image files of the dice symbols, let me know Trenloe and I will send them to you.

Trenloe
December 19th, 2017, 00:27
I went ahead and de-Star Wars'ed the UI. I used that GAP ui that ll00ll00ll00ll (aka Todd Stern) released for 5E. I also updated the symbols to match the Genesys ones. It came out OK. If you want the image files of the dice symbols, let me know Trenloe and I will send them to you.

That looks really cool.

I really don't have much interest in maintaining a Genesys extension. You're welcome to take the one in post #1 of this thread and add to it.

sevrick
December 19th, 2017, 23:25
So I am having to learn about what goes where and have pretty much got it figured out except on how to do a Carriage return and tables. People online keeps saying its done using &#xA; for carriage returns but I tried that and it does seem to work.

Trenloe
December 19th, 2017, 23:28
Info on creating tables in Formatted Text fields here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/The_Basics#Formatted_Text_Fields If you're trying to do rollable tables these don't exist in the ruleset as it was developed before they were available in FG (CoreRPG v3).

Where are you trying to do a carriage return? Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25455-Multiple-Paragraphs-in-one-text-box&p=224831&viewfull=1#post224831

sevrick
December 20th, 2017, 16:29
Info on creating tables in Formatted Text fields here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/The_Basics#Formatted_Text_Fields If you're trying to do rollable tables these don't exist in the ruleset as it was developed before they were available in FG (CoreRPG v3).

Where are you trying to do a carriage return? Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25455-Multiple-Paragraphs-in-one-text-box&p=224831&viewfull=1#post224831

I had a big long post on how I need to get carriage returns so I just decided to use the <p> tags to instigate a new carriage return.

I already know how to do in game but I was wondering how you add tables in code to your libraries?

Trenloe
December 20th, 2017, 18:05
I already know how to do in game but I was wondering how you add tables in code to your libraries?
Best way is create the table in a story entry, then look at the XML in the campaign db.xml file - this will give you the XML that you can copy into a library module.

sevrick
December 20th, 2017, 19:42
Actually I am looking to create a table within the description of the spell. For the difficulty increases and the effect.

Trenloe
December 20th, 2017, 19:48
Actually I am looking to create a table within the description of the spell. For the difficulty increases and the effect.
The same process applies - either manually work out the FG formattedtext control XML format and enter that in the module XML, or make the table through the GUI (a story entry uses the same base formattedtext control) and copy the resulting code from the db.xml file.

See "internal representation" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/formattedtextcontrol.xcp

sevrick
December 20th, 2017, 23:17

So is there a link to this or is it still a work in progress. Because it looks awesome.

Mentalic
December 21st, 2017, 16:37
So is there a link to this or is it still a work in progress. Because it looks awesome.

I don't really know how to make extensions so I just unpacked the EotE ruleset and directly edited the graphics files. I actually tried for an hour to figure it out and said screw it. If you know how to make an extension from it, I can send the latest version of the files to you. To post it up, you should probably get permission from the dude that made the GAP theme though.

sevrick
December 21st, 2017, 21:37
I don't really know how to make extensions so I just unpacked the EotE ruleset and directly edited the graphics files. I actually tried for an hour to figure it out and said screw it. If you know how to make an extension from it, I can send the latest version of the files to you. To post it up, you should probably get permission from the dude that made the GAP theme though.

What if you created a copy of the ruleset you edited, delete all the person files like story stuff etc and post it up. It's unlikely he will edit the main file, unless its a bug fix. He said the update to the current FG version for this ruleset wouldn't happen any time soon.

Mentalic
December 22nd, 2017, 06:03
Ok, I sent a PM to the author of the skin asking if he minded if I post my version of his theme for this rule set. If he doesn't, I'll just zip up the graphics folder and put it up on gdrive.

sevrick
December 22nd, 2017, 21:16
Ok, I sent a PM to the author of the skin asking if he minded if I post my version of his theme for this rule set. If he doesn't, I'll just zip up the graphics folder and put it up on gdrive.

Awesome got a game coming up and looking forward to it.

Mentalic
December 23rd, 2017, 18:12
Removed

damned
December 23rd, 2017, 21:21
Hi Datalore doing it the way you have means any time Trenloe makes changes to the SW:EotE ruleset you will need to redo your graphics changes.
That is why an extension is the better idea.
You dont have to make a new extension you can (Trenloe has stated he doesnt mind someone taking over the extension maintenance) work within this extension.
As to to Todd not responding - that is not permission - you do need to wait for him to confirm he is ok with it before sharing.

Mentalic
December 23rd, 2017, 21:58
Hi Datalore doing it the way you have means any time Trenloe makes changes to the SW:EotE ruleset you will need to redo your graphics changes.
That is why an extension is the better idea.
You dont have to make a new extension you can (Trenloe has stated he doesnt mind someone taking over the extension maintenance) work within this extension.
As to to Todd not responding - that is not permission - you do need to wait for him to confirm he is ok with it before sharing.

Fair enough. Thought I would share, but I will just pull down the link then.

sevrick
December 23rd, 2017, 23:59
Fair enough. Thought I would share, but I will just pull down the link then.
Well that sucks. I hope he can show you how to do an extension. Thx any way. :)

damned
December 24th, 2017, 02:14
Hi Datalore both are still worth persisting with.
Give Todd a bit longer to respond and/or send him a follow up.
For the extension you are going to do something like this:

Find one of the graphic assets you are swapping out.
Use a tool like Notepad++ and its Find in Files feature to find that filename.
It will be in something like: graphics/graphics_frames.xml
Copy that file to your extension.
Include that file in the extension.xml
Copy the art file to the correct location.
Repeat many times.
Remove unnecessary lines of code.

Repackage up.

ll00ll00ll00ll
December 24th, 2017, 20:42
Hi Datalore both are still worth persisting with.
Give Todd a bit longer to respond and/or send him a follow up.
For the extension you are going to do something like this:

Find one of the graphic assets you are swapping out.
Use a tool like Notepad++ and its Find in Files feature to find that filename.
It will be in something like: graphics/graphics_frames.xml
Copy that file to your extension.
Include that file in the extension.xml
Copy the art file to the correct location.
Repeat many times.
Remove unnecessary lines of code.

Repackage up.

Sorry everyone! holidays and all, i didn't see any of this. Of course you have my permission to do this... my only request is that you call it something unique, and remove any of my logos. Basically I don't want to be trouble shooting problems in a system i'm not familiar with. Other than that, please do what you're trying to do. I have to say i'm flattered.

What damned is recommending above is basically how I did this entire extension... many graphics replacements, and trial & error. If you would like, i'd be happy to send you the source vector art if that will make it easier. Be warned, it's all setup and organized in Illustrator CC...

Again, sorry for not getting back sooner, i hope i didn't cause any problems for your group. If you get it all up and running, i'd love to see some screen shots.

Mentalic
December 26th, 2017, 16:22
Thanks a bunch Todd. I will give making the extension another shot today.

ll00ll00ll00ll
December 26th, 2017, 17:46
Thanks a bunch Todd. I will give making the extension another shot today.

Good luck... and don't forget to stand up and stretch at least once every 14 hours.

Mentalic
December 26th, 2017, 18:19
FIXED

Here is the updated LINK (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gJZp4JEn-iFSvyWbpsVlkP4kENf6SQ9r/view?usp=sharing).

Also, here is a screenshot. Thanks again, Todd!

Trenloe
December 26th, 2017, 18:25
It seems to fail when I make it a zip. Weird.
You need to ZIP from within the extension directory, not from outside. extension.xml has to be at the root of the ZIPped file, which then needs to be renamed to .ext

Mentalic
December 26th, 2017, 18:30
Cool, I fixed it and updated the link.

Art Wendorf
December 28th, 2017, 23:35
FIXED

Here is the updated LINK (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gJZp4JEn-iFSvyWbpsVlkP4kENf6SQ9r/view?usp=sharing).

Wow! Amazing. Thanks for sharing this!

Skellan
December 30th, 2017, 14:10
So, after seeing some great reviews if genesys I thought I would see if there is a ruleset in development on fg for it and what do you know, Trenloe & the community have already done it. Well done fellas!

sevrick
December 31st, 2017, 20:59
*Removed

sevrick
December 31st, 2017, 21:02
FIXED

Thanks looks awesome. It really helps to get out of the star wars feel.

Batei
January 16th, 2018, 20:16
Nevermind. I think I figured it out. :)

Batei
January 16th, 2018, 23:32
I have a question about... at least I think it is about XML coding. The answer may be more complex than one sentence. So I want to test Genesys out with my kids and do a quick fantasy themed adventure. The free Monster Pogs are great for plopping something down. I know out of the gate none of those things work in the Star Wars EotE ruleset. They show up in the Modules section along with the SW Library.

I thought I would be smart and rename the MonsterPogs.mod to MonsterPogsGenesys.mod and I changed the defintion.xml to include a new name for the Pogs set (so as not to interfere with the original) and change the ruleset it works with to "Star Wars EotE" as well.

What did I do wrong or what silly assumption did I make? Alas, I am no XML expert. I know just enough to screw things up generally. LOL!

Trenloe
January 16th, 2018, 23:40
I have a question about... at least I think it is about XML coding. The answer may be more complex than one sentence. So I want to test Genesys out with my kids and do a quick fantasy themed adventure. The free Monster Pogs are great for plopping something down. I know out of the gate none of those things work in the Star Wars EotE ruleset. They show up in the Modules section along with the SW Library.

I thought I would be smart and rename the MonsterPogs.mod to MonsterPogsGenesys.mod and I changed the defintion.xml to include a new name for the Pogs set (so as not to interfere with the original) and change the ruleset it works with to "Star Wars EotE" as well.

What did I do wrong or what silly assumption did I make? Alas, I am no XML expert. I know just enough to screw things up generally. LOL!
No need to make any changes. Just activate the standard pog module from Modules menu (small book icon in the top right), then you'll see these as a new token folder (cube) in the tokens window.

Batei
January 17th, 2018, 01:18
Oh my gosh. Well that really shows my unfamiliarity with the program. I was looking for them to show up in the Library for some reason. LOL! Thanks Trenloe! :)

sevrick
June 22nd, 2018, 23:10
I just bought some map packs from the store and can't use them with the current star wars/Genesys Ruleset :(. I wish I had the know how to update the ruleset to the current version of Fantasy Grounds. If I wanted to give this sort of thing a go does anyone know where I would start?

damned
June 23rd, 2018, 00:20
See if the Universal Modules extension works for this?

sevrick
June 23rd, 2018, 01:22
No it doesn't. I have been looking into the core and more core extension. Do you think there is a possibility it would work for Genesys?

Trenloe
June 23rd, 2018, 02:23
I just bought some map packs from the store and can't use them with the current star wars/Genesys Ruleset :(.
1) What did you buy?
2) What do you mean by "can't use them"? Do you see the modules in the library? Can you activate the modules but you don't see the maps? What is the exact issue?

If I wanted to give this sort of thing a go does anyone know where I would start?
Set aside over 500 hours (probably more) to learn Fantasy Grounds development and to do the conversion to CoreRPG. And, I'm not joking, it's a significant amount of work.

sevrick
June 23rd, 2018, 02:38
I bought Fundamental Fantasy Map Pack 2 by Joshua Watmough. It shows up in the modules section and I can open it. When I go to the library and click on it shows it that it is there when click on it, it doesn't bring up the list of the map images.

What about more core? Would it be possible with that?

Trenloe
June 23rd, 2018, 02:45
Are the maps available in the Maps/Images list when you open it using the button from the right side of the desktop? There should be a tab at the bottom of the window for the module - a bit like the screenshot here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Campaign_Data#Campaign_Data_List

sevrick
June 23rd, 2018, 02:54
I don't see that list. I see this:

sevrick
June 23rd, 2018, 02:55
I don't see that list. I see this:

When I click on the text on the right side nothing happens. An no they are not showing up in images.

Trenloe
June 23rd, 2018, 02:59
Open the map/image list using the button from the right side of the desktop. Not in the library.

damned
June 23rd, 2018, 03:04
Non CoreRPG rulesets are not as aware of that Library Interface.
Stick to the Campaign Tools on the right.

sevrick
June 23rd, 2018, 03:05
I did. The only images there are the ones I have added my self.

Trenloe
June 23rd, 2018, 03:24
I did. The only images there are the ones I have added my self.
OK, so the module uses the newer <image> database tag, rather than <images>

I don't think there'll be an easy fix for this in the Star Wars ruleset without breaking everyone's current campaign data and image module links. I've made a note as a known issue in the SW ruleset thread. I'll see if there can be a relatively straightforward process change to cater for this.

sevrick
June 23rd, 2018, 12:15
OK, so the module uses the newer <image> database tag, rather than <images>

I don't think there'll be an easy fix for this in the Star Wars ruleset without breaking everyone's current campaign data and image module links. I've made a note as a known issue in the SW ruleset thread. I'll see if there can be a relatively straightforward process change to cater for this.

Thanks.

Talley Darkstar
July 10th, 2018, 07:16
When loading up both Genesys Extensions, I get 2 errors. And currently, I only use the 2 extensions from the first post. One, when I load it the first time:

Script Error: [string "Genesys_Data_Common.lua"]:175: attempt to index field 'entries' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon ()
Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshdestinychits'
Runtime Notice: s'chit.lua: handleRefreshdestinyChits() window.getClass() = lightsidechit'
Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshdestinychits'
Runtime Notice: s'chit.lua: handleRefreshdestinyChits() window.getClass() = lightsidechit'
Runtime Notice: s'chit.lua: handleRefreshdestinyChits() window.getClass() = darksidechit'
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find font (Dwarven)
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon (tool_layers_30)

The other when I close and reopen the campaign:

Runtime Notice: Host session started
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (SW_logo)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (logo)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (SW_logo)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (logo)
Runtime Notice: s'Registring tvsize slash handler'
Runtime Notice: s'dieboxviewlistmanager.lua: onInit()'
Script Error: [string "Genesys_Data_Common.lua"]:175: attempt to index field 'entries' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon ()
Runtime Notice: s'chit.lua: handleRefreshdestinyChits() window.getClass() = darksidechit'
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find font (Dwarven)
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon (tool_layers_30)

Any thoughts?

Trenloe
July 10th, 2018, 07:24
@Talley - which 2 extensions are you using? There are actually 3 in post #1 - 1 extension file attached, and links to 2 more posts with extensions.

Talley Darkstar
July 10th, 2018, 07:29
Clean UI and Genesys SW Ext. Even if I take out Clean UI, the same errors come up.

Trenloe
July 10th, 2018, 07:35
I'm guessing you missed this instruction in post #1: "Please make sure you download the minor updated (today) v2.1.1b Star Wars ruleset" ???

You'll need at least v2.1.1b - but I'd recommend using v2.1.1c.

Talley Darkstar
July 10th, 2018, 07:58
Looks like that was it. Thanks Trenloe. I generally try to keep that ruleset up to date as well, but it's kind of hard without knowing if I'm current or not without spending time going into each ruleset and checking. Anyways, that's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

sevrick
September 23rd, 2018, 01:53
So I was trying to edit the code for Star wars Crits for the vehicles and got this error when rolling a vehicle crit. I have looked and looked for the reason the code is almost identical except for changes in the rolls and text.

It says this:
Script Error: [string "managers/chatmanager.lua"]:815: attempt to index local 'sourcenode' (a nil value)

Trenloe
September 23rd, 2018, 08:57
So I was trying to edit the code for Star wars Crits for the vehicles and got this error when rolling a vehicle crit. I have looked and looked for the reason the code is almost identical except for changes in the rolls and text.

It says this:
Script Error: [string "managers/chatmanager.lua"]:815: attempt to index local 'sourcenode' (a nil value)
Always check the base ruleset thread for reported issues and updates. This has been reported for the base Star Wars EotE ruleset and fixed in release v2.1.1c of that ruleset.

sevrick
September 23rd, 2018, 16:32
I have it updated it still says it when not rolling on a vehicle. When try to drag it on to a vehicle sheet nothing happens. No roll, no result, not anything. Maybe it's my code not sure.
I put it in an attachment to save space on the forums.

[MODERATOR - removed attachment. No longer needed for troubleshooting and contains potentially copyright protected text]

Trenloe
September 23rd, 2018, 17:28
I have it updated it still says it when not rolling on a vehicle. When try to drag it on to a vehicle sheet nothing happens. No roll, no result, not anything. Maybe it's my code not sure.
I put it in an attachment to save space on the forums.
Thanks for including your extension - it wasn't the issue.

It was a weird one. Try the updated download available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset Make sure you see v2.1.1d in the chat window.

Sorry about that.

Usage note - dragging any critical to the chat window isn't part of the critical application process (as designed) - you can't apply the result from the chat window to a PC/NPC/Vehicle by drag drop, as the critical process is designed to adjust the roll based off any current crits the target has and any modifiers to the roll at the time the roll was made. All drag/dropping a critical roll to the chat window does is give you a base roll, without the full details of the critical.

sevrick
September 23rd, 2018, 18:12
Ok thanks, so the message box issues is fixed but crits are still not being applied to vehicles. I click and drag them on to the ships critical space but as before nothing happens.
*edit
Also for some odd reason it freezes when using masking and reviling an area. I tried it without any critical text extensions and it still freezes and have to manualy close it through task manager.
*edit
ok freeze seems to be an unrelated issue. Sorry. Had something to do with the picture I load in FG.

Trenloe
September 23rd, 2018, 19:47
I click and drag them on to the ships critical space but as before nothing happens.
Don't drag the critical dice to the end critical entry fields - just drag it to the PC sheet in general, or the entry in the combat tracker. The actual critical record section of the sheet expects an end critical record to be dragged, not the start of the critical dice rolling process.

sevrick
September 23rd, 2018, 22:15
Ok thanks for your help. It's all running smoothly.

sevrick
September 28th, 2018, 22:10
Is it possible to reference images and pack them with the module

For example if I want to add an image library for weapons or ships and add it the descriptions as a link. If so what would be the code used for it?

Also is there something similar to Expanded Fantasy Language Fonts that is compatible with the genesys ruleset?

Thanks

Trenloe
September 29th, 2018, 05:29
Is it possible to reference images and pack them with the module

For example if I want to add an image library for weapons or ships and add it the descriptions as a link. If so what would be the code used for it?
You should be able to do this from within a campaign and then /export everything to a module.

Also is there something similar to Expanded Fantasy Language Fonts that is compatible with the genesys ruleset?
Nope. And there won’t be until the Star Wars ruleset is converted to layer on top of CoreRPG, or someone else writes a language extension for it.

sevrick
September 29th, 2018, 23:37
You should be able to do this from within a campaign and then /export everything to a module.

Well I ran a test to see if it would work and the exported module doesn't allow me to see images. When I unpack the module I created nothing shows up in the library. I think I remember a similar problem earlier. I couldn't open any of the maps I bought.

Trenloe
September 30th, 2018, 09:46
Well I ran a test to see if it would work and the exported module doesn't allow me to see images. When I unpack the module I created nothing shows up in the library.
Campaign data doesn't appear in the library - they appear in the campaign data lists. Click the buttons on the right of the desktop to access campaign data. For modules, there will be category tabs along the bottom that correspond to data groups or modules. Click these to access the module data.

See the screenshot here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Campaign_Data#Campaign_Data_List and the information in the next section "Categories".

I think I remember a similar problem earlier. I couldn't open any of the maps I bought.
You won't be able to view maps in modules created for rulesets other than Star Wars EotE without editing the module XML. They use different naming conventions within the data.

sevrick
October 4th, 2018, 03:07
So am putting together a library of all things Genesys. The structure is as such:

>Index
->All Talents

>Fantasy
->Fantasy Talents table

>Modern
->Modern Talents table
etc..

I am trying to put all the actual talents in the index section and use tables from the different settings to reference them in tables with links, instead of making duplicates. I noticed you have made a such a structure for the weapons "<classname type="string">reference_weapontablelist</classname>"
Did you make a similar table for talents that I could reference. Logically I would assume it would be labeled as "<classname type="string">reference_talenttablelist</classname>" if it was there.

I am not expecting you to edit your ruleset just for this functionality but do you know a way I could accomplish this? Thought about reverse engineering, so to speak, a solution by copying the code in the "ref_equipment_lists.xml" and adjust the lengths of the columns appropriately, but it seems a little daunting.

Thanks.:)

sevrick
October 14th, 2018, 16:57
Does the current version that uses fantasy grounds save the locations of the tokens on the map? I just exported everything and for some reason they don't show where I placed them when unpacking it into a different campaign.

Trenloe
October 14th, 2018, 17:00
Does the current version that uses fantasy grounds save the locations of the tokens on the map? I just exported everything and for some reason they don't show where I placed them when unpacking it into a different campaign.
Fantasy Grounds doesn't save tokens to the map when exporting to a module. It's not a ruleset specific thing.

Batei
October 14th, 2018, 17:22
Speaking of exporting modules, I get the window to pop up with /export and can select everything I want to export. But I cannot seem to find the button to finish.

Trenloe
October 14th, 2018, 17:26
But I cannot seem to find the button to finish.
FG Golden Rule - if you can't find something, right-click for the menu!

damned
October 14th, 2018, 21:02
FG Golden Rule - if you can't find something, right-click for the menu!

Maybe the Silver rule!

sevrick
October 15th, 2018, 22:33
How do add tokens to adversaries in the libraries? I have seen

<token type="token"></token>

in the code and tried adding a file path with the exported folder such as

<token type="token">tokens/Baronial Knight.png</token>

but it doesn't show anything. I made it using the token tool program. Am I missing somthing?

Trenloe
October 16th, 2018, 05:25
...and tried adding a file path with the exported folder such as

<token type="token">tokens/Baronial Knight.png</token>

but it doesn't show anything. I made it using the token tool program. Am I missing somthing?
Is that token in the module itself? If so, try putting @<module name> at the end of the token reference (after the .png), where <module name> is the name of the module in the module XML.

sevrick
October 16th, 2018, 14:23
Is that token in the module itself? If so, try putting @<module name> at the end of the token reference (after the .png), where <module name> is the name of the module in the module XML.

Sweet that did it thanks.

sevrick
October 17th, 2018, 14:35
Why is it when I try to use the code for the various fonts for the symbols, in game they come out all weird?
In the xml file I used "ñ" for the setback yet it shows up in game with a capital A and +- symbol. It works in my other library not sure why this is messing up.

and thanks

[MODERATOR: Removed mod]

Trenloe
October 17th, 2018, 15:19
Why is it when I try to use the code for the various fonts for the symbols, in game they come out all weird?
In the xml file I used "ñ" for the setback yet it shows up in game with a capital A and +- symbol. It works in my other library not sure why this is messing up.

and thanks
Make sure the file is saved as a text file in ISO-8859-1 format and, most important, the first line of the db.xml file has: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

sevrick
October 17th, 2018, 16:36
Make sure the file is saved as a text file in ISO-8859-1 format and, most important, the first line of the db.xml file has: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

No that didn't work. I re uploaded the attachment with the changes.

Trenloe
October 17th, 2018, 16:58
No that didn't work. I re uploaded the attachment with the changes.
The db.xml file shows UTF-8-BOM encoding when I open it in Notepad++. Change the embedded file encoding to ISO-8859-1 as well as changing the XML tag at the top of the file. If you're using Notepad++ use the "Encoding" menu option.

sevrick
October 18th, 2018, 00:48
The db.xml file shows UTF-8-BOM encoding when I open it in Notepad++. Change the embedded file encoding to ISO-8859-1 as well as changing the XML tag at the top of the file. If you're using Notepad++ use the "Encoding" menu option.

So I have done all that. I am using Notpad++. I went to Encoding->Character Sets->Western European->ISO-8859-1 and it still won't work. I also made sure I had the line <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> at the top.

Trenloe
October 18th, 2018, 08:46
That's all I did to make it work - change the encoding, make a quick edit so that the file can be saved. Close the file and then re-open the db.xml file and see that the encoding hasn't reverted to UTF-8-BOM.

That, and changing the encoding in the top of the XML file, is all that I did to make it work for me. Module attached.

[Removed mod]

sevrick
October 18th, 2018, 12:31
Ok thanks the one you sent works for me. That's weird I was having trouble.

sevrick
October 22nd, 2018, 03:36
Sorry to bother you guys again but I have been trying to understand links in the code. I am trying to create a link. Below is an example of a link I used for the weapons on a table.

<link type="windowreference">
<class>item</class>
<recordname>library.index.entries.allitems.entries.allweapons. entries.CESTUS@Genesys Player Library</recordname>
</link>

I tried to apply the same concept to reference a npc stat block in a story class with a test type format and it came up as an empty link. I entered the location of the npc and replaced the class from item to npc.

Am I missing something? How would I do this or is it even possible? Sorry I know some coding but I am afraid I am kinda of learning as I go. Thanks

Trenloe
October 22nd, 2018, 08:42
The best way to get the link format is to drag the record to a story entry - in this case, drag an NPC to a story entry. It will create a link in the story entry. /save the campaign database and then look at the XML within the story entry to get the exact format of the link.

sevrick
October 22nd, 2018, 23:40
I tried that and all it did was make an entire copy of the npc, rather than making a reference link.

Trenloe
October 22nd, 2018, 23:55
I tried that and all it did was make an entire copy of the npc, rather than making a reference link.
Dont drag the NPC link to the story data list. Create a new story entry, call it "Links" or something like that, then drag the NPC into the body of that story entry. It will create a link to the original NPC record. Save the campaign database and then look in that story record for the XML for the link.

sevrick
October 23rd, 2018, 14:14
While that works my final aim was to get a link in a table. I thought I could do that by simply inserting that code into a table in the code. The link worked however it broke up the table. I was going for how the ruleset is able to have those links on the left column for items in the tables but be able to use it for Talents, Abilities, NPC, etc. I am guessing that would require an alteration to the Ruleset or to make an extension that allows for that functionality. I have learned how to set up a basic extension and am currently trying to reverse engineer what that potion of the ruleset to add that function. Any help in this matter would be useful. Regardless thanks for the feedback.

Moon Wizard
October 23rd, 2018, 16:14
Links are not supported in formatted text tables, only in lists.

Regards,
JPG

sevrick
November 1st, 2018, 01:51
Quick question. I have been working on a module library and I have to test it often and it is a pain to repackage it up every time I want to test it. Is there a way for FG to read a folder like it does for extensions?

damned
November 1st, 2018, 04:35
Quick question. I have been working on a module library and I have to test it often and it is a pain to repackage it up every time I want to test it. Is there a way for FG to read a folder like it does for extensions?

Yes.
It should be placed in \modules and it will be read the same way
eg
\modules\ForceHappens\db.xml

sevrick
November 2nd, 2018, 00:20
Yes.
It should be placed in \modules and it will be read the same way
eg
\modules\ForceHappens\db.xml

Oh my gosh that is so much better thank you.

sevrick
November 2nd, 2018, 12:40
Since I am doing a Pathfinder Setting conversion to Genesys, I was wondering if the current version of FG for this ruleset is able to use the identify and unidentified option for items. Is that core only or was that option just removed from the star wars ruleset because it wasn't needed.

Trenloe
November 2nd, 2018, 12:58
Since I am doing a Pathfinder Setting conversion to Genesys, I was wondering if the current version of FG for this ruleset is able to use the identify and unidentified option for items.
That functionality is ruleset dependent, not in the base FG application. It wasn't a thing when the WFRP3 ruleset was developed, which is what the Star Wars ruleset is based on, and so identification of anything is not in the Star Wars: EotE ruleset.

Is that core only or was that option just removed from the star wars ruleset because it wasn't needed.
I rarely, if ever, remove any generic base functionality from a ruleset - only things that specifically clash with the RPG system in particular.

sevrick
January 15th, 2019, 00:24
Is there any plans to add the automatic successes and advantage feature that is found in the Star Wars Ruleset to the Genesys Extension?

Trenloe
January 15th, 2019, 03:28
Is there any plans to add the automatic successes and advantage feature that is found in the Star Wars Ruleset to the Genesys Extension?
The extension is built on top of the Star Wars ruleset, and so it inherits most functionality from there. So I'm not sure what you're referring to that is in the Star Wars ruleset, but isn't there when running this extension? Can you provide an example please?

sevrick
January 15th, 2019, 15:42
Oh my bad. I just figured out that the reason that the auto success wasn't available. I didn't have the "Star Wars RPG Dice Block Extension" checked. *Face Palm.

bigjip
February 8th, 2019, 16:11
The extension is built on top of the Star Wars ruleset, and so it inherits most functionality from there. So I'm not sure what you're referring to that is in the Star Wars ruleset, but isn't there when running this extension? Can you provide an example please?

If i'm not mistaken, the die box updates with star war's symbols and not genesys' unfortunately...
Am i doing something wrong here ?

FYI loaded .ext are:
- Clean UI(genesys)
- Genesys SW extension
- Star Wars RPG Dicebox extension
and obviously the EOTE ruleset

EDIT: temporary working fix for my urgent need :)
- copy/paste the relevant icons only (including directory path) from "Clean UI Genesys Ext\graphics\dice\dSummary" into the diceboxextension
- seems that <loadorder> has no effect

not really sure if it's the way to go, but works for me

Trenloe
February 8th, 2019, 16:57
If i'm not mistaken, the die box updates with star war's symbols and not genesys' unfortunately...
Am i doing something wrong here ?

FYI loaded .ext are:
- Clean UI(genesys)
- Genesys SW extension
- Star Wars RPG Dicebox extension
and obviously the EOTE ruleset
Don't load the Star Wars RPG Dicebox extension - this is designed specifically for Star Wars and is clashing with the Clean UI (Genesys) extension.

bigjip
February 8th, 2019, 17:02
really ?
Is there an equivalent with the genesys extension to achieve the same auto advantage/sucess etc in the die box?

so far it works for me though :D (after adding relrevant resources in the relative path in the SW RPG Dicebox extension)

Trenloe
February 8th, 2019, 17:09
really ?
Yes, as I said - it's clashing with the clean UI extension - hence why you're not seeing the Genesys icons.

so far it works for me though :D (after adding relrevant resources in the relative path in the SW RPG Dicebox extension)
You've basically done the steps to work around the clash between the two extensions.

If you're willing - please reach out to the creators of those two extensions (as you're using their code and their graphics) and ask them if it's OK to post your extension on the forums.

bigjip
February 8th, 2019, 17:16
ok, i'll do that, as it most likely will be relevant to others (even if it's a 5min trick:D)

Hardbushido
February 9th, 2019, 00:56
i know its been awhile since anyone posted here but i would like to get into genesys but the ext won't let me use the init tracker. errors keep popping up. i've used the star wars ruleset successfully in the past but i can't get the genesys version to work. i've tried with both ext (genesys and clean-ui) at the same time and each individually but the tracker still pops errors. any help would be awesome. i want to start using the android setting and the realms of terrinoth setting with FG. thanks in advance.

edited: sorry i misread the time joined as last post. this post is very active lol. sorry again for the misread but if someone could help that would be amazing.

Trenloe
February 9th, 2019, 02:55
Welcome to the FG forums!

...but the tracker still pops errors. any help would be awesome.
We can only help if you give us details of the errors. When the error console pops up, click the copy to clipboard button and post the results here. Also provide details of exactly what you were doing when the error/s occurred. Then we'll try and help!

Hardbushido
February 9th, 2019, 03:22
well this is awesome so far. i created a brand new campaign to start with a clean slate and it appears to be working just fine while loading only the clean ui ext. if i run into more issues i will copy the error and report back.

Hardbushido
February 9th, 2019, 16:16
This might not be the right place to ask, if so i'm sorry. But i know Star wars has a lot of copyright issues; does genesys have similar issues? In other words can we create and share for example talents list (and other data) with the group openly without any legal issues from FFG?

LordEntrails
February 9th, 2019, 18:44
This might not be the right place to ask, if so i'm sorry. But i know Star wars has a lot of copyright issues; does genesys have similar issues? In other words can we create and share for example talents list (and other data) with the group openly without any legal issues from FFG?
In general the answer is always no. When anything is published, it gets copyright protection. Doesn't matter if someone "marks" it with a copyright logo or statement or not. It is theirs and can't be re-distributed without their express permission (this is why thing like Pintrest are hated by so many artists, because technically those are almost always all stolen pictures etc).

But, some game systems and publishers (like WotC and Paizo and others) have Community/Fan user policies that says what and how fans can use stuff (usually as long as it doesn't hurt the company, is free, and not porn/etc). But, I've never heard of one regarding Genesys. But, then again I don't play it so *shrugs*

You might find details in this thread; https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/253031-genesys-ogl/

Girwan
February 9th, 2019, 21:03
Why I don't see this modules in library? i have it in proper folder.
mod SW5e NPC Manual.mod (4.66 MB, 2 views)
mod SW5e Player Book.mod (621.0 KB, 2 views)

I have SwAoE v 2.1d rulset

damned
February 10th, 2019, 00:39
Why I don't see this modules in library? i have it in proper folder.
mod SW5e NPC Manual.mod (4.66 MB, 2 views)
mod SW5e Player Book.mod (621.0 KB, 2 views)

I have SwAoE v 2.1d rulset

What?

You are trying to load modules for the 5E ruleset in a Star Wars: Edge of the Empire rulest?
And posting about it in a Genesys RPG thread?

Girwan
February 10th, 2019, 08:26
I misunderstood something :) My fault.

bigjip
February 15th, 2019, 11:57
If you're willing - please reach out to the creators of those two extensions (as you're using their code and their graphics) and ask them if it's OK to post your extension on the forums.

update: I received permission to use the graphics from Datalore, but no news (mailed on the 8th) from Shikage, the extension author.
@Trenloe, what do you recommend here?

Trenloe
February 16th, 2019, 17:12
update: I received permission to use the graphics from Datalore, but no news (mailed on the 8th) from Shikage, the extension author.
@Trenloe, what do you recommend here?
Shikage appears to be active on the forums, so they may not have noticed the PM or got around to replying.

I’d send them another PM, just saying that you intend to use their publicly released code (and that you’ll recognise that you’ve used their code in the extension) and you’re letting them know out of politeness. They can ask you in future to remove their code if they have an issue. I doubt they will, but this is all about respecting other people’s community development.

Thanks for doing all of this! :)

sevrick
February 16th, 2019, 22:59
So I have bought some generic fantasy map packs and I cant use them with the SW Rule set. Are there plans to update so we can use those map packs?

LordEntrails
February 16th, 2019, 23:15
So I have bought some generic fantasy map packs and I cant use them with the SW Rule set. Are there plans to update so we can use those map packs?
Why can't you use them? And what specific map packs?

IF the map packs are setup as FG modules and use the All tag for rulesets, then you should be able to use them. But, if they are not FG modules or use the wrong ruleset tag, then you won't be able to use them without changes.

But, if you tell use what products you are talking about and what you mean by being able to use them, we can provide more assistance.

sevrick
February 16th, 2019, 23:37
Joshua Watmough map packs for starters. You can find them on the Fantasy Grounds DLC Page. I can't use them be cause when I load them up and click on it nothing happens. I can unpack the module but when I try to open it from the library nothing happens.

LordEntrails
February 17th, 2019, 01:43
In your campaign, go to Library > Modules, load the map pack.
Go to Images/Maps icon on the right side. Pull down the filter for the module. See the images now?

sevrick
February 17th, 2019, 16:18
In your campaign, go to Library > Modules, load the map pack.
Go to Images/Maps icon on the right side. Pull down the filter for the module. See the images now?
I don't know what you are talking about with the Pull down filter. This is the FFG Star Wars Rule Set I am using there is no such thing. When I click on the images & Maps buton you see in the screen, it does nothing. I even checked the Images and Maps tab and there is nothing there. This is what I see.

Trenloe
February 17th, 2019, 19:44
See known issues here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset&p=210570&viewfull=1#post210570. If the module you have is not encrypted, you can rename the image node to images in the module XML - make a copy of the module so that it doesn’t get overwritten in updates, and change the module name in the definition.xml file).

There is a long term goal to migrate the Star Wars EotE ruleset to be layered on top of CoreRPG, but this is a massive task and is currently a low priority among the community developers involved.

bigjip
February 17th, 2019, 19:48
Still waiting for an answer on the second mail to shikage, if none received I will post the code tomorrow eod

On the ruleset subject, I can easily understand the ramifications of the star wars ip, what about priorising the generic genesys version ?

Trenloe
February 17th, 2019, 19:54
On the ruleset subject, I can easily understand the ramifications of the star wars ip, what about priorising the generic genesys version ?
Converting the ruleset to be layered on top of CoreRPG is not impacted by IP - and, as an aside, Genesys IP is also copyright protected. The low priority is due to the huge amount of work involved to convert a usable ruleset (there’s some minor issues and missing CoreRPG functionality, but it’s completely usable) to be layered on top of CoreRPG.

sevrick
February 17th, 2019, 20:55
See known issues here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset&p=210570&viewfull=1#post210570. If the module you have is not encrypted, you can rename the image node to images in the module XML - make a copy of the module so that it doesn’t get overwritten in updates, and change the module name in the definition.xml file).

There is a long term goal to migrate the Star Wars EotE ruleset to be layered on top of CoreRPG, but this is a massive task and is currently a low priority among the community developers involved.

So the modules I bought are not showing up in the modules folder. Does that mean they are encrypted?

Trenloe
February 17th, 2019, 21:17
So the modules I bought are not showing up in the modules folder. Does that mean they are encrypted?
Sounds like it. To confirm - there is a code at the bottom of the store page for each product. If there is a .dat file with that name in the FG vault directory, the it’s encrypted.

The best you can do is, for your own use only, take screenshots of the maps in another ruleset campaign and save those screenshots as files for use in a Star Wars campaign. Not ideal, I know, but that’s the option at present I’m afraid.

Trenloe
February 18th, 2019, 05:48
So, this is a complete faff, but if you *really* want maps from other, non Star Wars ruleset compatible modules, to be able to be opened in a Star Wars campaign, this is what you can do:

Create a new campaign with a ruleset that is compatible with the map modules you want to open.
Create a new Story Entry - call it something like "Map Links for <whatever module it's from>"
Drag/Drop links from the Maps & Images list of your original module, to the new story entry you've just created. This will create a list of links to the maps.
Export to a module. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Export enter a File name and module name. Select "Story" from the "Exported Data" list. Click the "Export" button.
Go to the <FG App Data>\modules directory and open your newly exported module (change to .zip extension if you need to).
Edit definition.xml and change <ruleset>...</ruleset> (... is the name of the ruleset that created the module) to <ruleset>Any</ruleset>
Edit db.xml and change: 1) the <encounter> ... </encounter> section tags to <stories> .. </stories> 2) Do a find/replace - find: class="imagewindow" replace with: class="image"
Save the two edited files an re-package your module.
Open up a Star Wars EotE campaign and open your new map links module. Also open up any modules you used to create the links in step #3 above - if these modules are not tagged as ruleset "any" then you can use the Universal Modules (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41034-Universal-Module-Extension) extension to open then in a Star Wars campaign.
Go to the Story campaign data list in the sidebar, click on the tab at the bottom (it will have a tooltip of the module name you used in step #4) and open the Map Links story entry. Click on the link you want to open...

It's a bit of a faff to do this, once you've tried it a couple of times it only takes a few minutes - and you can keep the campaign you create in step #1 and go back to it to create more links and export to a module.

Here's an example of some maps from Pathfinder's Mummy's Mask:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26363

sevrick
February 18th, 2019, 20:49
This is awesome thanks for the help.

bigjip
February 21st, 2019, 13:54
Hey guys !

For those who want to extend the SW RPG dicebox with Genesys buttons for the players to add automatic success, failures, advantage, and threat to their dice pools, you can use the Genesys Dicebox Extension
It is a simple update that makes Shikage's original star wars extension compliant with the Datalore's Clena UI Genesys extension

As you can see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26255&d=1549645333, nothing fancy, just a quality of life addon to help with talents, ...

Thanks to the original authors for the code and graphic resources
Enjoy!

Hardbushido
February 21st, 2019, 14:26
I'll be running a beginner game tonight on fantasy grounds and discord if anyone is interested in learning the narrative dice system or how fantasy grounds runs this system.

sevrick
February 25th, 2019, 22:15
I am having trouble sharing modules. On my end I moved the check mark over but to allow them to use it, but on their end when they open the modules it shows the module I am sharing and has a check mark and a spiderweb icon and its grayed out. They can't click on it or do anything with it. I am I missing something. I am using the star wars ruleset.

*Edit Nevermind I figured it out. It was opening and closing when clicking on the spider web. I just there would be some visual que letting me now it was open.

Trenloe
February 25th, 2019, 22:40
*Edit Nevermind I figured it out. It was opening and closing when clicking on the spider web.
Known issue - logged here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset&p=210570&viewfull=1#post210570

I just there would be some visual que letting me now it was open.
Have the library window open at the same time - you'll see the module there if it's open.

jimmifett
March 7th, 2019, 20:41
I'd like to replace the starwars fonts in sheets with genesys fonts. I understand I need to convert into fgf files, but how do I locate the original starwars fgf files to be able to replace with genesys fonts?

Trenloe
March 7th, 2019, 20:57
I'd like to replace the starwars fonts in sheets with genesys fonts. I understand I need to convert into fgf files, but how do I locate the original starwars fgf files to be able to replace with genesys fonts?
Font files are in the ruleset - in the graphics\fonts directory.

If you're going to be doing any conversion, I'd recommend extracting the original ruleset onto your hard drive somewhere, and then use search functionality for file names, and a good text editor with "find in files" functionality - this will allow you to search for files easily, and also find all references to those files in the ruleset.

Have you looked at the clean UI extension for Genesys? This replaces a lot of the SW fonts - it's available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41329-Genesys-RPG-Using-the-Star-Wars-ruleset-to-play&p=369271&viewfull=1#post369271

jimmifett
March 7th, 2019, 21:00
Thanks, i've done that and have been digging through the files. Is there a tool to view the raw fgf files to perform an easy bitmap swap? I'm using a derivation of the clean ui, but in the sheets, adv/threat etc still use the SW icons.

jimmifett
March 7th, 2019, 21:08
In another interesting thing, I've been working on .mod files for myself, and I've run into a problem. I'm attempting to have a unified hierarchy split across various files. Example, If I have a "Core" file open and an "Android" file open, I'd like for them to merge entries where overlap occurs, such as a common "Equipment" header. However, instead I'm seeing it duplicate such that I have two "Equipment" headers even tho the path structures and namings are identical. ie:
/root/library/equipment/entries/core and /root/library/equipment/entries/android in two different files.
The hoped for result output would be a single Equipment entry under the library, but instead it has:
Equipment
Equipment

/root/library/equipment/categoryname is identical for both files.

Is it possible for them to merge, or is my only option to have a very large single file?

Many thanks.

Hardbushido
March 7th, 2019, 21:11
I was thinking about this as well and decided it might be easier to have a core mod and then copy and add RoT additions and have a single RoT mod. Then do the same for SotB. And any other homebrew content.

jimmifett
March 7th, 2019, 21:18
example of the SW font still in a sheet:

Trenloe
March 7th, 2019, 21:53
Is there a tool to view the raw fgf files to perform an easy bitmap swap?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset&p=423449&viewfull=1#post423449

LordEntrails
March 8th, 2019, 03:01
In another interesting thing, I've been working on .mod files for myself, and I've run into a problem. I'm attempting to have a unified hierarchy split across various files. Example, If I have a "Core" file open and an "Android" file open, I'd like for them to merge entries where overlap occurs, such as a common "Equipment" header. However, instead I'm seeing it duplicate such that I have two "Equipment" headers even tho the path structures and namings are identical. ie:
/root/library/equipment/entries/core and /root/library/equipment/entries/android in two different files.
The hoped for result output would be a single Equipment entry under the library, but instead it has:
Equipment
Equipment

/root/library/equipment/categoryname is identical for both files.

Is it possible for them to merge, or is my only option to have a very large single file?

Many thanks.
Sounds like you are wanting to looking into Software Management applications. SVN can do this by using branching etc. But I think you are going to find the setup and a management of such a system for a single developer is far outweighed by the benefits.

sevrick
May 2nd, 2019, 22:52
So this may have been asked already, if so I apologize, but will this rule set work with Unity or does Unity only work on FGs current version and Higher?

Moon Wizard
May 2nd, 2019, 23:13
Most rulesets will continue to work as is. However, the ability to use new image features will require the ruleset to be either built on top of CoreRPG, or updated to use the new features. We're still quite a ways off from the beta testing period, and the community developers will be getting it around the same time or slightly before.

Regards,
JPG