PDA

View Full Version : Looking to play or Dm, New player & New Dm

Bwolfiee
November 30th, 2017, 06:26
I'm in love with D&D and the like, unfortunately i don't have access to it where i live or in my circle of friends. I want to be able to play and be a DM. I have only one session under my belt as a player before the party was disbanded. I love to tell stories and want to give a crack at DMing, I've never done it before so i hope there are people out there who are starting for the first time or veterans who don't mind helping a newbie if i mess up. PM me if you have a space available in your party or you don't mind letting this nub try his hand at DMing.

Cheers

damned
November 30th, 2017, 08:38
Welcome Bwolfiee
There is always room and demand for new GMs.
If you do run some games just make it clear in your post that you are new(ish) and some patience will be required and players will be fine with that.

Gamer_Hudson
November 30th, 2017, 14:45
I will join you on your quest. I am in the same boat. Even if you want to do a 1 on 1 game and learn or practice let me know. Im free most weeknights and Saturday nights. Message me or let me know here we can roll up level 1's and give it a shot. Im "so so" with Fantasy Ground and need practice as DM or player.

Bwolfiee
November 30th, 2017, 18:06
Sweet! I’m trying to get a game going possibly on Monday nights around 8ish pst or Wednesday evenings, more flexible on Wednesday’s. I’m running a adventure straight outta the book and would love to have you join! I have never dm’d before, just restating that point. Let me know if these times work for you and we can possibly be ready this coming Monday to roll PC’s. Cheers.

Gamer_Hudson
November 30th, 2017, 19:51
"Monday nights around 8ish pst or Wednesday evenings"

That should work for me. I am just coming back as well so I down for learning and playing modules. Yeah its cool no worries. The hardest part is getting all setup and learning masking and such and picking the voice chat program ha ha.

Talyn
November 30th, 2017, 20:24
btw Jason if you pop on Discord you might find people who'd let you join their server and give you a tour. Or vice-versa even. There's also a "Fantasy Grounds College" discord which is setup for exactly that purpose, but I haven't looked into it since it's only oriented for 5E.

Bwolfiee
November 30th, 2017, 21:00
I’m having a lot of trouble getting the port forwarding to work. Any ideas?

Talyn
November 30th, 2017, 21:12
Search the forums, there are several threads on the subject. Or join the Discord and ask in the #support channel.

Short version: look up your router on https://portforward.com/ and read the how-to.
Make sure that: your network is set to to private. You're not on IPv6. FG is whitelisted in your AV and any software firewall, including Windows Defender.