PDA

View Full Version : Module Backup?

wmsmitty
November 30th, 2017, 04:36
I'm afraid to ask this question. A module I made has been overwritten by mistake. I don't suppose there is any way to get that module back is there? A huge investment of time may have been lost. :cry:

Moon Wizard
November 30th, 2017, 04:40
There are no backups made of modules when exporting.

If you created your exported modules using a separate campaign as the basis (recommended way to set up), then you should be able to rebuild a module from campaign data, which also happens to perform daily backups.

Regards,
JPG

Nylanfs
November 30th, 2017, 12:24
Also you should be able to Revert that module back to the default.

wmsmitty
November 30th, 2017, 17:30
How would I do that?

wmsmitty
November 30th, 2017, 17:32
There are no backups made of modules when exporting.

If you created your exported modules using a separate campaign as the basis (recommended way to set up), then you should be able to rebuild a module from campaign data, which also happens to perform daily backups.

Regards,
JPG
I was able to find a dB session file on the day before I converted to a module. I got about 70% of the invested work back. So thanks!

Trenloe
November 30th, 2017, 17:51
Also you should be able to Revert that module back to the default.
This doesn't help in this situation.

The original module file has been overwritten. Using "revert" only removes any in campaign edits on a module, it doesn't have any version control or ability to get back overwritten module files.

Nylanfs
November 30th, 2017, 18:57
Oh, I was thinking he meant in his new campaign he had overwritten the module info. Didn't realize he was talking about the actual module file itself. This is the reason programmers end up with hundreds of backups. :)