PDA

View Full Version : Classic D&D: Classic Adventures

bobthebuilder
March 9th, 2006, 09:29
Welcome to the small town of Istivin, surrounded by lush forest, treacherous mountains and low hills. You have the chance to seize the spoils of dark monsters such as orcs, goblins and mighty dragons that lair in cast out crypts, ancient caves and strange dungeons.

To start things off, a foul orc chieftain and his tribe lair in a nearby dungeon, which urgently needs to be cleared. Are you up to the task?

To play in this classic D&D game, you must have access to the Basic boxed set at least, (which you can buy online for a few dollars), with preferably the Expert and Masters rules for later levels. The D&D Rules Cyclopedia summarises all of these rules though, (get it from paizo.com online store if you do not have it). Playing time is not set in stone but is flexible; it will depend on when players are able to play, perhaps sometime in the evening U.S. EST. Sessions will be 2-3 hrs once a fortnight.

To apply send me a private message at fantasygrounds or e-mail [email protected] with “Classic Adventures” in the subject line. The Classic rules are easy to learn and fast to play.
This game is listed on the FG Game Calendar.

Bill Thomas
March 10th, 2006, 01:26
Ok David,

I'm game. This looks like a great place to learn the ins & outs of FG.

Time shifting back to 1980, I have some great memories of playing Basic D&D.

Name me one self-respecting geek who hasn't played "Keep on the Borderland" :D

deckyon
March 10th, 2006, 12:38
Played it. Have it. My favorite is still "White Plume Mountain"

Stuart
March 10th, 2006, 13:38
Currently using the A1 to A4 series updated to 3.5, slightly modified and then converted to FG ... check out Daniel Pryor's site for some maps as well as mine.