PDA

View Full Version : Main window position saved on exit, and restored on start?

Callum
November 27th, 2017, 19:25
One of the features introduced in v 3.3.2 was "Tabletop permanent window locations and main application window location saved between sessions." What exactly is this supposed to do? I haven't been able to observe any obvious changes...

LordEntrails
November 27th, 2017, 19:30
Story, Map, NPC, Item, etc windows will open where they were last positioned the next time you open that campaign.

For instance, I have a module development campaign with certain windows sized and positioned accordingly for content creation. When I open up that campaign, the windows open where they were last placed even though i have been into other campaigns since then.

Callum
November 27th, 2017, 19:39
You see, that's what I though it was, but it doesn't appear to be working for me. Whenver I open a campaign, there aren't any windows open at all. When I do open items up, they open in their last position - but that's how FG used to work before this update.

Trenloe
November 27th, 2017, 20:00
To auto open all of the campaign data windows you still need this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38389-Window-Saver-Extension

The functionality introduced in v3.3.2 was the main FG application positioning and size, and permanent desktop panel locations (chat window, modifier stack and tower).

Callum
November 27th, 2017, 22:40
Ah, okay - thanks, Trenloe!

JohnD
November 28th, 2017, 06:53
To auto open all of the campaign data windows you still need this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38389-Window-Saver-Extension

The functionality introduced in v3.3.2 was the main FG application positioning and size, and permanent desktop panel locations (chat window, modifier stack and tower).

Oh man I need that. Thanks!

Nick
December 28th, 2018, 22:32
is there an option to save the window size of Fantasy ground itself? I use FG over two monitors but every time i open FG i have to resize the window over 2 monitors.

Zacchaeus
December 28th, 2018, 23:07
You will need to set your monitors to duplicate this window in windows settings (or something similar.- not near my computer to check). Mine opens over two windows if that is how I last used it.

TrentLane
December 28th, 2018, 23:10
is there an option to save the window size of Fantasy ground itself? I use FG over two monitors but every time i open FG i have to resize the window over 2 monitors.

This used to work for me in Win7 when closing ("X") FG while holding ctrl(maybe shift), but for some reason that doesn't work anymore in Win10. Would be very glad if there was a solution for that.

Edit:
Didn't see your reply Zacchaeus before I posted; time to dig into windows settings