PDA

View Full Version : NPC Stats Incorrect Until Unlocking Record

NotRussellCrowe
November 26th, 2017, 21:23
Hello.

I noticed while prepping for my game yesterday that some NPC stats change after you unlock them. So far I've only looked in the Amidst The Ancient Trees module so it may be localized to just that one. Specifically the HP and MP values seem to change. I didn't notice if the characteristics change as well.

Here's the first image that shows incorrect stats.

Here's what they look like after you unlock the record.

Then after you lock the record the correct values are still visible

I have confirmed the correct values against the PDF of the Keeper's book.

Apologies if this has been reported earlier, I did a quick look but did not see anything.

Thanks,

Kelly

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2017, 21:46
I’ve let the CoC 7E developers know to see if they have ideas about what is happening.

Regards,
JPG

ianmward
November 26th, 2017, 23:06
Hello.

I noticed while prepping for my game yesterday that some NPC stats change after you unlock them. So far I've only looked in the Amidst The Ancient Trees module so it may be localized to just that one. Specifically the HP and MP values seem to change. I didn't notice if the characteristics change as well.

Thanks Kelly,
It looks like the values have been multiplied by 5. I'll take a look and see if I can see what it's going on.

Ian

damned
November 26th, 2017, 23:43
NPCs werent tagged with CoC7?

ianmward
November 27th, 2017, 00:09
Appears that the values are wrong for a few NPCs in the module. I've fixed them in that one and will check the others before pushing them as an update.

Thanks for spotting the problem and taking the time to report it.

Ian

NotRussellCrowe
November 27th, 2017, 00:13
Thanks for looking into this!

I spotted another one in Crimson Letters this afternoon as well, just don't remember which one and didn't take a screenshot.

Kelly

ianmward
November 30th, 2017, 21:12
We’ve pushed an update that should fix them all, but please keep reporting things you find.

NotRussellCrowe
November 30th, 2017, 21:13
That's awesome turn around for such a minor issue, thank you very much!

Happy gaming!

Kelly