PDA

View Full Version : How to code granting 'advantage' with an effect?

Peachasaurus
November 26th, 2017, 18:06
Hi friends!

I'm currently playing as a cleric with the Luck domain in my Pathfinder campaign and I'm always forgetting that I have domain powers because they are not included/coded into the Pathfinder FG module, and thus are not easily dragged/dropped onto my Character Sheet.

My Luck domain power would grant 'advantage' (any time when rolling a d20, roll twice and take the better result), and I'm wondering how to set this up as a 'Spell' on my character sheet, if it's possible at all. Obviously the language for granting advantage exists (since 5e is supported), but would the same syntax work when I'm in the PF ruleset?

I should probably note that I'm quite new to FG and coding in general.

Thanks!

darrenan
November 26th, 2017, 23:15
You can't currently do that in the 3.5/PF ruleset, you have to just roll twice and arbitrate manually. Unlike 5e, where advantage/disadvantage is core mechanic, in 3.5/PF it's very rare to see this mechanic.

Peachasaurus
November 26th, 2017, 23:57
in 3.5/PF it's very rare to see this mechanic.

I thought that was the case! I know that PF is very heavy on modifiers, and that 5e attempted to simplify things by granting advantage and disadvantage, instead of having to keep track of a million different modifiers interacting and stacking and cancelling each other out, etc.

Erin Righ
November 27th, 2017, 01:24
I might get coded in when the Mythic rules get officially coded, it is more common there

swbuza
December 4th, 2017, 22:32
Have a look at my improved basic rules I posted a few days back. They include drag/drop for races and classes, including domain powers.