PDA

View Full Version : Where is the DLC?

Korgitz
November 26th, 2017, 13:16
Ok, yea i know im new on FG. But i have managed to find and copy alot of .mods and other thing on my own campain. Then all the sudden, my players bought me 3 DLC, and now my problem... i cant seem to find where the DLC is downloaded... so i cant move it to the right folder.... they appear in Steams "installed" on FG.

I tried to maked new Campaigns, but still cant find the DLC.

Im runing a 3.5 and they bought me the

DnD Monsterpack Humanoids
PFRPG Gauntlet of Spiragos
PFRPG The Bleeding Hollow

and no, im not good at computers.... so a basic, klick this link and its fixed will be fine

Tnx

and ofc : FG have made me and my friends play again after all this years =) super tnx for that

Andraax
November 26th, 2017, 13:24
Have you linked your steam account with your FG account? Once you do, it should download into the correct folder.

damned
November 26th, 2017, 13:31
Ho Korgitz

You will find tokens by going into Tokens -> Modules and activating the token packs/modules.

For the other 2... First check in Library -> Modules, if you see them there you shoudl activate them.
However they are PFRPG and not DnD3.5e so they might not show for 3.5e... Im not 100% on this as PFRPG and 3.5e are of course very similar...
I posted an extension somewhere recently called Universal Modules or something similar - download and activate that and you should see the PFRPG modules available in 3.5e if they are not already there.

LordEntrails
November 26th, 2017, 17:07
And note, that you wont need to move the module files around, they will get installed in the right place (and might be in the vault folder).

Korgitz
November 26th, 2017, 20:04
Meaning that window under settings? For linking. That popup?

Well according to the links i have seen, i have done all the "right" stuff, even started new moduels for the FGRPG setting just to "see" but nothing

LordEntrails
November 27th, 2017, 00:05
Meaning that window under settings? For linking. That popup?

Well according to the links i have seen, i have done all the "right" stuff, even started new moduels for the FGRPG setting just to "see" but nothing
So after starting a PF campaign you have gone into Library > Modules and "loaded" the desired modules (except they don't show up there?)

damned
November 27th, 2017, 01:35
It may be that the content is loading but you are not aware of where to look for it?
Try opening the story tab and teh drop down and see if those modules are present there?
Same for Encouters, Images, NPCs, Items etc...

Korgitz
November 28th, 2017, 21:02
So after starting a PF campaign you have gone into Library > Modules and "loaded" the desired modules (except they don't show up there?)

Yep, they dont show up there.

Korgitz
November 28th, 2017, 21:03
It may be that the content is loading but you are not aware of where to look for it?
Try opening the story tab and teh drop down and see if those modules are present there?
Same for Encouters, Images, NPCs, Items etc...

Nopp, done all, but no fish.... ( or modules)

damned
November 28th, 2017, 21:10
Yep, they dont show up there.

Then you still need to link your account...

Steam does not install DLC directly for Steam. To access Steam DLC purchases within FG, you need to link your Steam account to your FG account.

Try these steps:
1. Go to FG Settings
2. Click on Manage button under Purchases.
3. Click on Link Steam account button.
4. Log in to both FG and Steam accounts on the web site to link the accounts.
5. Return to FG account dialog.
6. Enter your FG login information.
7. Click to Login button.
8. Click OK in Settings dialog.
9. Run a new Update.

All adventure DLC is then accessed from within a campaign using the Library->Modules section to activate for that campaign.

Korgitz
November 29th, 2017, 01:35
Ahh finaly, i missed the log on to FG in that window.... my username was already in place so i didnt think more about it... well, tnx alot and more DLC here i come!!!!

Aggi2018
January 21st, 2018, 18:46
Hello guys,

I'm experiencing the some issue.
Briefly I purchased FG Ultimate Licence via Steam and 3 DLC for D&D 5E (Class Core Pack, Monster Core Pack and Complete DM Guide).
Now when I active the licence with the key provided by Steam, everything seems to work correctly. I have linked my Steam account to the FG one and when I update the contents, seems that the app doesn't find the DLC I bought.
I'm in touch the the support team of FG and the guy on the other side has been saying that my Steam account is not linked to the FG one. I find it truly weird, because I followed every instructions for linking the two accounts and as I said before it seems to work well.

Now what I would like to ask and know if possible is how to get the DLC content I purchased via Steam.

Andraax
January 21st, 2018, 18:50
I'm in touch the the support team of FG and the guy on the other side has been saying that my Steam account is not linked to the FG one. I find it truly weird, because I followed every instructions for linking the two accounts and as I said before it seems to work well.

If support is telling you that, then that is where the problem lies. Link your account again.

Trenloe
January 21st, 2018, 18:53
Hello guys,

I'm experiencing the some issue.
Briefly I purchased FG Ultimate Licence via Steam and 3 DLC for D&D 5E (Class Core Pack, Monster Core Pack and Complete DM Guide).
Now when I active the licence with the key provided by Steam, everything seems to work correctly. I have linked my Steam account to the FG one and when I update the contents, seems that the app doesn't find the DLC I bought.

Now what I would like to ask and know if possible is how to get the DLC content I purchased via Steam.
Welcome to the forums!

The person you will be communicating with via the support email will be someone who is very knowledgeable about Fantasy Grounds - so what they are telling you will be correct.

Make sure you have linked your Steam account to your FG account, and then that you are fully logged into your FG account in the settings window - click the Purchases "Manage" button and then make sure you enter your FG user name and password and have a successful login.

All product updates are linked to your FG account, not our license. So you need to link your steam account to your FG account and then login to your FG account within the FG settings window. Once you have successfully done this, run an update.

Once you've done an update, load up a 5E campaign and go to Library -> Modules and you should see your purchased products there.

LordEntrails
January 21st, 2018, 19:50
The person you will be communicating with via the support email will be someone who is very knowledgeable about Fantasy Grounds - so what they are telling you will be correct.
Yea, have faith in tech support. Odds are you are either talking to the owner of the company or the lead developer. But even if it's not one of them, they are still VERY good and wouldn't say something they didn't know 100%.

Do be aware, that just because you entered your account and password, if you don't actually hit the login button the link won't actually happen.