PDA

View Full Version : Launching two FG Instances on same computer despite Steam...

39Sam
November 25th, 2017, 09:54
Hello all,

I bough FG Ultimate on Steam and need to run a client and host version simultaneously on same computer. However steam prevent this and only allow FG to run once. I de-installed the steam version because anyway I have my Ultimate licence number, but the FGWebinstall do not allow me to re-install FG, it only propose me to update the game, so I guess there's something in the registry.

Any idea guys? Either on how to run two FG with Steam or re-isntall FG outside of Steam?

Thanks for your help.

39Sam
November 25th, 2017, 09:58
Duh... nevermind guys: I noticed that despite the steam install, the game was stored in the Program Files folder and not the steam cache: So I just launched it from this place and created manual shortcuts to do so. Works fine.

damned
November 25th, 2017, 10:48
Welcome Gurgeh and yes - that is the correct way to do it with the Steam install.

jherodthejadeprince
September 2nd, 2019, 22:00
So I have done this and I successfully opened a second instance but not I get a message that states. License key conflict when I try to join the campaign on the second instance.

LordEntrails
September 2nd, 2019, 22:15
So I have done this and I successfully opened a second instance but not I get a message that states. License key conflict when I try to join the campaign on the second instance.
When you try to join the campaign, use "localhost" as the address. Do not use the external IP otherwise FG will detect that you are connecting from outside your computer and then give a license conflict.