PDA

View Full Version : Loading Speed

swbuza
November 25th, 2017, 06:50
Any thoughts as to why FG now is taking up to two minutes to load campaigns? This used to take no time at all. Now I just sit here waiting. What slows it down?

JohnD
November 25th, 2017, 07:11
# of tokens, size of your main campaign, possibly how much you've got shared.

damned
November 25th, 2017, 09:11
Is that 2mins from hitting Load Campaign or from hitting Start?

The former is to do with how many campaigns are in the /campaigns folder and the later by how much stuff you are loading in that game...

swbuza
November 25th, 2017, 11:10
Is that 2mins from hitting Load Campaign or from hitting Start?

The former is to do with how many campaigns are in the /campaigns folder and the later by how much stuff you are loading in that game...

It takes about 7 seconds to load from icon to main menu. It takes a second to Load Campaign (there are only four campaigns). It takes almost two minutes once I click Start. I'm wondering what stuff it is I have. I have no tokens that aren't the standard token mods that come with fantasy grounds. I'm using just the standard maps with Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition. I only have one module open from that campaign. I'm sharing maybe ten total images. I don't have a lot of drawings or masks sitting there unused.

I'm not sure where to look.

Bidmaron
November 25th, 2017, 13:16
What is load time for a brand new campaign with no extensions, no modules?

Have you tried turning off extensions?

swbuza
November 25th, 2017, 13:43
Brand new campaign load time is about 10 seconds. So, I thought, aha! And then I closed down the new campaign and loaded the original campaign and it loaded in 10 seconds as well. I have no idea.