PDA

View Full Version : Older D&D 5the player looking for online play (starting from scratch)

Gamer_Hudson
November 24th, 2017, 23:42
Name: Jason

Availability: Most week nights after 5pm till 11pm, all day and night weekends usually

Small bio about yourself: I work IT during the day and nerd out at night. I play a variety of board/card/ miniature games as well as PC and console titles and used to co host a podcast for Star Wars Old Republic and Wildstar when they launched. Now I spend my time co op playing or solo playing because I cant find anyone to keep up with my insatiable urge to game constantly!

Location/Timezone: Chicago IL, CST (available after 5pm weeknights and all day Sunday usually)

Game System Preferred: 5E

Game System Experience: 5E

Fantasy Grounds Experience: Very new to FG, have paid license

Character Type Preferred: Support, healing

Experience with D&D/Tabletop games: Uh well. I am old. I started playing D&D with the original box set that included a crayon. From there I played through 3.5 and havent played since. I used to always DM. Now I just want to play and have fun. I play a lot of boardgames and video games. All related to RPG's usually. I have been playing a while. Before the internet.

Which 'pillar' is your favorite?: Combat and exploration.

What got you into D&D?:I want to get back into D&D. Have recently bought the 3 core books again and after watching people play on Twitch i said "I want to get into one of those games and have fun again". I got into it at age 11 or so...well because...Dungeons!

Preferred play-style (combat-driven, RP..etc): Mostly exploration and combat, with some mystery solving. I usually like the support role or the rogue role. Not a big up front dude. Loot doesnt interest. Telling my characters story does as I blog a lot. I have a headset and can load up any voice/video software needed my gaming rig is nice.

What's one thing that you cannot do, that you wish you could?: Use Fantasy Grounds or Roll 20 effectively :)

damned
November 25th, 2017, 00:58
You might check out another old gronards game here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41207-A-Classic-Old-School-Style-Campaign-Yggsburgh-The-East-Mark-and-Castle-Zagyg-Await
Not 5e but it will be something you will find very familiar.

Talyn
November 25th, 2017, 02:23
::blink blink::

DUUUUUUUUUDE!!!

Gamer_Hudson
November 25th, 2017, 02:27
Holy cow! Hey got any campaigns for D&D goin lol

JohnD
November 25th, 2017, 02:28
Hi Gamer Hudson. Welcome to FG where you will hopefully never be without game again! :)

The game damned linked above is mine. If it sounds like something you might be interested in, just drop me a PM on the forum, or post in the thread or hit me up on the FG Discord @JohnD.

TMO
November 25th, 2017, 06:03
You might check out another old gronards game here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41207-A-Classic-Old-School-Style-Campaign-Yggsburgh-The-East-Mark-and-Castle-Zagyg-Await
Not 5e but it will be something you will find very familiar.

I seriously had not heard of "gronard" (or the correctly spelled "grognard") before this post. Having just turned 50 this year and having begun my RPG life in D&D and AD&D, I guess that puts me into this category. :)

Gamer_Hudson
November 29th, 2017, 21:36
Thanks for the links and replies! I got a game on Sundays now I am looking for one on weeknights, preferably Mon, Thurs or Fridays. I am available after 5pm CST USA

Thanks again let me know if you have any openings you can slot me into!

Fanta goes Hard
December 17th, 2017, 16:56
FG License: Have the regular license
Time Zone: EST USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Free after 6 PM EST every day, all day on the weekends (which lines up with your 5 Pm Central)
Term: Would prefer something regular but am open to most things
Voice: Yes, have Discord, Teamspeak, Skype, whatever is fine
Game System Preferred: D&D 5E pref
Game System Experience: D&D 5E
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Recent convert from Roll 20 =). Have been playing with FG for a while, can make a character, other basic things without too much trouble.

Character Type Preferred: I like to play a new character every time I play. I am Open to play just about anything depending on the group and game situation.
About me: I like combat (everyone loves rolling dice) I also like Roleplaying some of the most fun I’ve had was messing with random NPCs. I do like the idea of getting into character, but I’m not diehard on everyone having to maintain . #YOUR FUN IS WRONG. Hey, all in all not every group meshes, but ya gotta play to find out =).

I normally DM but looking to play in game in FG to get used to it if you wanna start a group up