PDA

View Full Version : Add a grid to "diagonal" map from ToA

HoratioDrank
November 24th, 2017, 15:53
Hello.

I was looking at some of the battle maps that come with Tomb of Annihilation. Some of them, for example Acid-P1, are displayed such that the grid that is drawn on the map is diagonally oriented. How do I set the FG functional grid on a map like this so I can use it with tokens?

Thanks.

CNYGamer

LordEntrails
November 24th, 2017, 16:02
You can't. This was one of the issues I had when I reviewed ToA and Zacchaeus gave this clarification:

Rotated Maps: To understand why the maps are rotated you need to understand the puzzle to which they apply - an explanation is given in the Template 'Gears of Hate Mapping' which needs to be read in order to understand. These are not battlemaps and are not meant for combat. They are provided so that the DM and players can have some idea how this extremely complicated puzzle operates. Without the rotated maps it would all be theatre of the mind. Obviously you can ignore all of those maps since they were not provided within the paper copy of the adventure but especially created just for the FG version. Incidentally a grid can be applied as noted in the template - it just won't match the baked in grid.

You can get more details and other thoughts by following the link in my signature.

HoratioDrank
November 24th, 2017, 16:06
Okay, thanks for the quick response. On a semi-related note, as good as Fantasy Grounds is (and it's pretty darned good), it would not be nearly so without the support of this community. I generally always feel comfortable making FG purchases because I know how knowledgeable and active this community is.