PDA

View Full Version : A Classic Old School Style Campaign ~ Yggsburgh, The East Mark and Castle Zagyg Await

JohnD
November 23rd, 2017, 03:55
When Gary Gygax passed away, he was working for Troll Lord Games (TLG) on an elaborate adventure/campaign setting around the city of Yggsburgh, the lands known as the East Mark, and the ruin of all ruins; Castle Zagyg. I have obtained the complete set of books that actually made it to print, and am basing a long term campaign on the lore presented therein.

Here is the chance for one person to step into an established group of Castles & Crusades players and experience this decidedly Old School setting and campaign adventure.

Most of us are in our 30s, 40s or later. We are looking to add one person to our group. Someone who can get along and play nicely in the sandbox.

We are as mentioned, using the Castles and Crusades ruleset. Most characters are 1st level, with a few slightly higher due to prior adventuring. New characters will start at 1st level. A new player with the Demo license is acceptable, as I have an Ultimate license.

We play every 2nd Friday evening from 7-10:30 PM Central time. We don't care if your FG-fu is lacking, because we were either all there at one time (and are willing to help you), or are still in the same boat trying to figure out how to do everything.

As a DM I have been active since 1979, and started using FG almost 6 years ago. Many in this group have been gaming together for a long time in internet terms (3+ years), so the group is cohesive, reliable, supportive and friendly. Female gamer welcome, as would be a male; we do not discriminate - a gamer is a gamer, engaged in a great hobby. :)

The existing player pool has resulted in a pretty balanced group, but a new player bringing a Paladin, Druid, Fighter, Illusionist or some kind of Bard to the group would be a great addition.

A little teaser for the campaign....

Beneath the shadows of the ancient, dreaded Castle Zagyg stands the fortified town of Yggsburgh. Its stout walls and cobbled ways give ample refuge to those bold and worthy adventurers who come to the East Mark to plunder the dungeon deeps of the Mad Mage. Beyond the protective walls and the deep waters of the Urt and Nemo rivers lie a vast rolling countryside from the Glittering Knobs to the Lonely Valley. Enter the environs of that most dread of magi, test your mettle and make ready for the heroes forge that is Castle Zagyg!

Your quarry looms ahead! Based out of the city of Yggsburgh, will you explore the realm or head straight for the ruins at the foot of Castle Zagyg, plunge within the murky caves that dot the bluff, or make for the castle fortress, seeking ingress to the Mad Archmage's many many dungeons below? Adventure and plunder beckon. Are you and your fellows brave enough to undertake the challenge? Be wise, fair adventurer that you do not bite off too much to chew on....

Interested? Post here or PM me. Next game for this group is Friday December 1st @ 7 PM Central.

JohnD
November 24th, 2017, 22:23
Bump.

Lexfire
November 25th, 2017, 02:43
Bump for a dedicated DM running a solid rule set.

GunnarGreybeard
November 25th, 2017, 09:14
I wish I didn't work Friday nights, I'd like to get in on this. :cry:

JohnD
November 25th, 2017, 18:34

It should be illegal for life to get in the way of gaming, I agree. :)

PhorgottenSon
November 25th, 2017, 21:01
I really enjoyed playing with you before and learning a bit of the Rolemaster Classic system in your game a few years ago. I've never played with the Castles & Crusades rules, but I see there are two bundles for them now on the bundle of holding website that I would get if accepted into this game. I enjoy sandboxes and the time works out well for me. Though I haven't looked at the rules yet, I should be fine making a Bard or Paladin to help fit into the group as requested.

JohnD
November 25th, 2017, 22:34
I really enjoyed playing with you before and learning a bit of the Rolemaster Classic system in your game a few years ago. I've never played with the Castles & Crusades rules, but I see there are two bundles for them now on the bundle of holding website that I would get if accepted into this game. I enjoy sandboxes and the time works out well for me. Though I haven't looked at the rules yet, I should be fine making a Bard or Paladin to help fit into the group as requested.

Acceptable! :)

Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll get you added to the distribution list for the campaign. I've also sent you an invite to the campaign page here on the forums.

Don't feel like you need to buy anything from the Bundle of Holding though; you'll get everything you need upon connecting to the table.

Blahness98
November 25th, 2017, 22:52
Looks like you have a player already. Keep me in mind if you have another opening.

goodmanje
November 25th, 2017, 23:14
Wish my Friday's were open. Sounds like an awesome time!

JohnD
November 26th, 2017, 19:16
Looks like you have a player already. Keep me in mind if you have another opening.

It never rains but it pours as the saying goes. I will keep you in mind if anything comes up.

JohnD
December 25th, 2017, 22:21

Gunnar, I have a Saturday evening 7-10 PM in the Central time zone game starting this coming 12/30 if you are interested. Same setting that way I get to multiply the gaming I get out of my prep work time inputs.

Anyone wondering if there is a demand for C&C games on FG should know that I have 25 unique players across my 4 C&C based campaigns. There's an untapped demand for OSR style gaming on-line, even if your game doesn't necessarily fill up in 24 hours like it might with 5e.