PDA

View Full Version : 5e Options - Variant Multiclassing

sorvan76
November 22nd, 2017, 16:45
Hello, does anyone know of a way to integrate the variant multiclassing rules from TPK Games' 5e Options into FG? I have a character in my group at the moment who wants to multiclass in this way. Thank you in advance. :)

LordEntrails
November 22nd, 2017, 16:49
I don't know those rules, but you can always manually edit the character sheet and add and remove any class features or other things that would adjust it to those rules.

sorvan76
November 22nd, 2017, 17:03
I don't know those rules, but you can always manually edit the character sheet and add and remove any class features or other things that would adjust it to those rules.

Ok, I'll look into it thanks. Wasn't aware the character sheet could be edited in that way, I'll have a look on YouTube for some guides. Thanks again. :)

LordEntrails
November 22nd, 2017, 18:38
Sure, yea, even though a lot is automated in FG, especially when you use a ruleset with modules that use drag and drop classes, you can always type everything in manually if you haven't bought the source or their isn't one.

sorvan76
November 22nd, 2017, 18:56
Think I've managed now, it's easier than I thought lol. It's a special case only for this particular character anyways. I started the character off with Wizard, so he gets the spell slots on the character sheet. I dragged over class features from Fighter for appropriate level and will continue to do so as he levels up. I've made it so he'll need 2x XPS to level up as a Fighter/Wizard simulaneously. For saving throws I've followed the variant rules and let him pick one stat from Fighter class (he chose CON). The one thing I couldn't figure out how to do was follow the variant rule for spell slots, meaning his highest castable level would be one level below what would normally be allowed for a character of that class and level, but I've worked out a deal with the player (which will be role-played) and let him cast a full caster. :)