PDA

View Full Version : Missing Calendar Module

wmsmitty
November 21st, 2017, 06:01
Hi all, I've downloaded FG and have been delving into it pretty good. Love the software; but I came across a section that says that Smiteworks installs a basic calendar module to use. When I look at loading modules, there is no calendar module. So I navigate to the data directory within the appData folder and there is no calendar module in the modules folder. Am I suppose to download it from somewhere? I thought it came with the initial install.

damned
November 21st, 2017, 06:23
Welcome wmsmitty - its just called calendars

Zacchaeus
November 21st, 2017, 10:43
Hey wmsmitty, welcome to FG.

To open a calendar click on he small button (called calendars) in the top right hand menu bar. This will open a window with a modules button on it. Click on this button and then as damned sasy find the module called calendars. Click load and then choose one of the calendars to load into your campaign by double clicking on it.

Some more information here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Calendar).

wmsmitty
November 21st, 2017, 15:21
Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome. So, in following up, there is no just calendars...there is nothing at all remotely close to any file name having calendar in it. Also, Zacchaeus, I followed your instructions, but yet again, there is no calendar to choose from. It appears that I just don't have the module.

LordEntrails
November 21st, 2017, 15:50
Hmm, so in your FG Data Folder (reached by the folder icon from the top right of the FG launch window) there should be a folder called "modules". Inside their should be a file called "calendars.mod". I'm assuming you don't have that file?

I'm wondering if this only loads if FG is registering your license? Does FG show your license on the top right corner of your launch screen?

Nylanfs
November 21st, 2017, 17:11
Don't you have to open the calendars module in the library before you can see them?

Moon Wizard
November 21st, 2017, 19:46
Yes, you must open the calendars module using the Library->Modules button and Module Activation window, before the calendars are available in the default calendar options are available in the calendar section.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library

Regards,
JPG

wmsmitty
November 21st, 2017, 22:40
Hmm, so in your FG Data Folder (reached by the folder icon from the top right of the FG launch window) there should be a folder called "modules". Inside their should be a file called "calendars.mod". I'm assuming you don't have that file?

I'm wondering if this only loads if FG is registering your license? Does FG show your license on the top right corner of your launch screen?

Bingo! I have NO calendar module. Therefore the option to open the library and load the calendar module is not available. I have the Ultimate license. I may simply try to reinstall the software.

Zacchaeus
November 21st, 2017, 23:05
In the loader screen top right corner does it say v3.3.3 Ultimate? If not then check that you have correctly entered your license key, username and password into Settings and do an update. If it does say ultimate make sure that in settings the pointer to your data folder is pointing to the correct location.

wmsmitty
November 21st, 2017, 23:22
Ok, as a follow up, I backed up the FG Data Folder and removed it from the appData folder altogether. Then I started up FG and did an update. At that time, the software reloaded the appData directory with all the appropriated files. Once completed, I went into the directory and the calendar.mod library file was now there and I can load the module from the library now. Don't know why it wasn't there the first time, but it is now. So, all is good in the world of FG now.

wmsmitty
November 21st, 2017, 23:23
In the loader screen top right corner does it say v3.3.3 Ultimate? If not then check that you have correctly entered your license key, username and password into Settings and do an update. If it does say ultimate make sure that in settings the pointer to your data folder is pointing to the correct location.

Yes, the license displays properly. See my other post for the resolution. Thank you for your input!