PDA

View Full Version : Drag and Drop Classes!!!

CrossGuard
November 18th, 2017, 03:26
A friend of mine told me that drag and drop Classes were a thing, and even made a few for himself. What I mean by this is that you simply drag and drop the class from the folder to the class & level section on the character sheet, and all the effects for the level (including BAB, class skills, class abilities, etc) are automatically applied. I was curious, so I looked into it and discovered that it's relatively easy to do, but tedious.

I'm attaching, for your review, a couple of examples I made. Currently I've done the Swashbuckler and Slayer hybrid classes. Please test them out if you like.

My main question is: has someone else already done this? If so, where can I find this? (I've seen Nickademus42's work, and it's not what I'm looking for)
If this hasn't been done and released publicly, Is this something anyone would like to see? Let me know and I'll continue work on it in my spare time.

LordEntrails
November 18th, 2017, 21:27
Welcome to thecomunity :)

I'm not sure (I don't ue PF, but I do follow the forums), but someone who does will jump in.

If these classes are from the officially released FG content, then yes they have been converted. If they are from the SRD or community content, I don't believe they have yet been updated and I have not yet heard of anyone converting all of the old community modules to the newer drag and drop functionality.

I'm sure the community would be very welcome if you were up to converting and distributing open content. Just make sure you follow the OGL or community content agreement (I know PF has one) and that the classes you distribute are all available for public distribution (we're pretty adamant about protecting IP so we don't jeopardize Smiteworks agreements with the IP holders). I know the OGL requires that you include a full copy of the OGL in any product you release, I suspect the PF community agreement requires something similar.

Talyn
November 18th, 2017, 22:10
Last I checked (couple months so it could be different as I write this) the SRD modules had not yet been updated. I haven't even heard talk if they're going to be anytime soon or at all. I sincerely doubt anyone updates the old community modules either unless the original authors come back to FG and learn the new bits that have been added. I'd considered doing the SRD awhile back but I've just got too much on my plate as it is to keep volunteering for that stuff.

Callum
November 20th, 2017, 16:15
I'm sure lots of people would appreciate this if you kept working on it and released it to the community! My vote would be for the base classes from the Advanced Player's Guide, if you're taking suggestions.

Korgitz
November 20th, 2017, 21:27
Following this thread!!!!!!!

Bidmaron
November 21st, 2017, 05:03
Welcome to the forums, Korgitz!

Erin Righ
November 21st, 2017, 12:37
Yes, welcome

Faelwen
November 21st, 2017, 15:35
Welcome to the forums.

As far as I know, no one has done this yet. I recall that Swbuza was preparing such a module, but I don't know if he is still working on it. I think he gave up when he bought the official CRB module, but I could be mistaken. Perhaps you can to PM him and see if he can share with you what he has already done.

It was one of my future projects... until I noticed just how many classes and archetypes Paizo had released over the years. As you mentioned, it is easy to do, but tedious. I was thinking of creating a dedicated GUI tool that would make inputting the data less tedious (perhaps even semi-automatic), and then try to find a group of volunteers to input the data class by class, archetype by archetype. I have a bit of free time in the upcoming days, I'll see if I can come up with something...

Korgitz
November 22nd, 2017, 00:08
well tnx, and yea i was using the "Class Bibel" and was manualy putting 1 by 1 inside the game... and after like 30 subclasses..... well lets say i would give some 1 alot of creds for doing it =)

Callum
November 22nd, 2017, 11:52
I was thinking of creating a dedicated GUI tool that would make inputting the data less tedious (perhaps even semi-automatic), and then try to find a group of volunteers to input the data class by class, archetype by archetype. I have a bit of free time in the upcoming days, I'll see if I can come up with something...

If you come up with a tool, then I'm happy to help out with some classes.

swbuza
November 24th, 2017, 08:57
I recall that Swbuza was preparing such a module, but I don't know if he is still working on it. I think he gave up when he bought the official CRB module, but I could be mistaken.

Good memory, Faelwen. You are not mistaken. I gave up on it when the official pathfinder modules came out. It was very much a work in progress, but was about 90% done for the core races and classes. I have the module [as is] in case anyone wants it. It's been quite a long time since I did any work on it. (Being laid off somehow means that you have less time for leisure activities. I don't quite get that, but there it is.).

Some of the things that were left that I wanted to do, as I recall:

1) Add the cleric domain powers -- I just barely got started on this.
2) Add the paladin mercies.
3) Add Ranger favored enemies and terrains and hunter's bond.
4) Add Druid nature's bond.

There was probably some other stuff.

I did add the Aasimar race in there because I needed it for one of my players at the time, so it's included.

swbuza
November 24th, 2017, 09:03
This is not 100% complete, but may be helpful.

Korgitz
November 24th, 2017, 15:11
Going to add this asap, and i will probaply name one 1of my kids after you =)

swbuza
November 24th, 2017, 19:38
Updated the mod attached above to include Cleric domains and domain powers, so that they can be dragged and dropped and will land in the right place on the character sheet.