PDA

View Full Version : LFP One Shot 5e Wednesday 11/22/17 @ 2100 EST (UTC: -5)

Artrem
November 18th, 2017, 00:26
You've recently joined a secret thieves guild that runs in the city unnoticed. They have many connections throughout the city and most in the guild feel that the leaders (The unseen) actually run the city itself. You've heard rumors through your contacts that city children are being kidnapped, taken to the outskirts of a nearby jungle, and sacrificed to a cruel god of reptiles. The guild has felt that his has little impact on their major operations and has been turning a blind eye to these sacrifices. Today however, you're approached by your handler and given a task. She informs you that on of the unseen's eldest daughter's was taken for sacrifice and you have been asked to join fellow new torches (new recruits) to rescue the unseen's daughter and show them the true power of the guild.

FG License: Ultimate (anyone can join the game, even demo users)
Game System: DnD 5e (Flanking and crit/fumble table).

Date and time [EST] (UTC: -5): Wednesday 11/22/17 @ 9pm EST
Characters: Level 6 Characters (Standard ability point distribution (15,14,13,12,10,8), or standard 27 point buy); Any official D&D WOTC sourcebooks for character creation. I will have server up one hour prior to gametime for character generation if needed.
Equipment: You can any equipment from PHB 400 gp or less. No mounts, vehicles, animals. You will be given some healing potions and magic items that will be randomly rolled prior to gaming session.

Text or Voice: Voice mostly, text can be used, but only for emotes, whispers, etc
Voice software used: TeamSpeak (Will send info to players who join)

Roleplay & Combat mix: Depends on the party, but it's a one shot so we'll say 30/70
Max number of players: 5
Planned Game Duration: 4-6 hours (until the module ends)
Gameplay: I am all about moving the story forward and less about rule lawyering. I do want play by the rules, but I'd rather enjoy the roleplaying and story than arguing about the rules. I am still learning the rules, so mistakes I can guarantee will be made by me. If this is ok, please join up.
Player Experience: Any type of experience is welcome, new players or experienced players. Just looking to have a great time.

DM's Request: If you decide that this game is not for you, or that you cannot make the game after signing up; please just let me know in either a post here, post in the calendar, private forum message, carrier pigeon, or smoke signals. We all know that things happen and real life may interrupt. I promise, if something happens to me, I'll do the same for you and let everyone know. There is nothing more frustrating then waiting for a player or turning away players and then having someone not show up for a game without sending any message. Even worse is when they don't even send a message after the game is played. It's unfair to the players that have signed up, the players that we have turned away due to group being full, and not fair to the DM. (Sorry for the rant, but if it offends you, then you may not want to sign up for this adventure).

If still interested, please post here and add yourself to the calendar link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2850

Thanks for your time reading the post,
Artrem

Duffdrinker
November 18th, 2017, 08:07
Hey I'd like to join in! Monday's and wednesdays are my days off and i haven't had a good D&D play in a while! Only question is whats the limitations on character creations? Cause i've seen a couple of 5e Beta races if you're ok with that. If not ill stick to what i know.

Tylindell28
November 18th, 2017, 10:32
I am here confirming my availability for this Wednessday. Duffdrinker and I are looking forward to it. I think it's his first time using FG though, so he'll be completely new. I don't mind helping him out if that makes things easier.

Artrem
November 19th, 2017, 01:00
@Duffdrinker: Glad to see the timing worked out for both of us! I usually only have Thursday nights off consistently, but this week is different with Thanksgiving so decided to run one on Wed. I am trying to keep it to the official books at this time due to being a one shot and not having time to really review suggested races. I saw you have posted a class and race on the calendar and it looks great. I have the server up at least an hour early so we can work through any issues with character sheets etc.

@Tylindell: Thanks for letting me know last Thursday that you couldn't make the session due to real life issues way before the gaming session. Many people don't do that and just don't show up or message. I really appreciate the courtesy of letting me know, kudos! I look forward to this week's game. As for helping out Duffdrinker, please feel free to give him any help if he'd like, I'm also happy to help out as well.

We have 1-2 more slots still open for anyone else still looking for a D&D one shot. Even if those slots fill and you're interested, I'd still post a message as it's very common for slots to suddenly open due to other conflicts for people that have previously agreed to play.

JadedBailey
November 19th, 2017, 01:59
Hi there! If there is still room, I'd be interested in playing.

Artrem
November 19th, 2017, 07:19
@JadedBailey: Hey Jaded, thanks for the interest and there is still room in the group. Let me know if any questions, otherwise will see you on game night!

Kingofthecrows
November 20th, 2017, 05:27
Hi! My name's Corvus. I'd love to join you guys Wednesday. Let me know if you'd be able to fit one more.

Artrem
November 21st, 2017, 23:13
Sorry Corvus the group is currently full.

goodmanje
November 22nd, 2017, 18:04
If you have any slots open up let me know. I'm interested.

Artrem
November 23rd, 2017, 10:38
@goodmanje: I am really sorry that I missed your message earlier. We did have a full group and everyone showed up, which seems to happen only 1/10 of one shots ;)

I want to thank everyone that played tonight (Tylindell28, matticus, duffdrinker, jadedbailey, and ryker)! It went long unfortunately, but from the DM side of things it was worth the extra length due to the joy and fun that occurred. What an enjoyable night! Great job on the traps involved and working through them so well and working as a team throughout the adventure.

Thanks again for a great night and long live Aharu (and Syere as well)!
Artrem