PDA

View Full Version : Table Columns

limpinjezus
November 17th, 2017, 21:33
Is there a limit to the number of table columns in a rollable table? I have a table will 11 columns. Each column in another table link. I use the /rollon command like this: /rollon mytable - c column -d #
I can get all columns to work up through the 9th. I can't get column 10 and 11 to work.

Moon Wizard
November 17th, 2017, 21:45
There's no limit built in to the CoreRPG coding that I can see. Perhaps a different limitation or bug?

Can you post a sample module with the 11 column table, as well as the exact "rollon" command you are using?

Regards,
JPG

limpinjezus
November 17th, 2017, 21:53
Mod attached.
The command I am using is /rollon Chaos Odds -c Impossible -d 1

limpinjezus
November 18th, 2017, 17:18
Some more clarification. Using that command above, it seems it rolls on ALL columns instead of the one specified if it is any column above the ninth. So not a limitation in the number of columns in a rollable table but some limitation/bug in the /rollon command perhaps?

Bidmaron
November 18th, 2017, 23:23
Since the SW guys are busy, if you will recompile your module for 3.5 compatibility (should be just changing the ruleset in your definition.xml, as I cannot imagine there is anything in your module that absolutely needs 3.5?), I will troubleshoot the problem. I am working on tables mods, so I need to make sure it will work with my changes anyway.

limpinjezus
November 19th, 2017, 00:56
Attached the mod compatible with 3.5E. Thanks.

Bidmaron
November 19th, 2017, 03:41
OK. Appreciate it. Let me see what I can figure out.

Bidmaron
November 19th, 2017, 05:06
OK, I found the problem. limpinjezus, you are doing nothing wrong. There is a bug in the Table Manager that causes this behavior.

MW, there is this line in the onTableRoll function in manager_table.lua:

local sPattern2 = "%[" .. Interface.getString("table_tag") .. "%] [^[]+%[(%d) %- ([^)]*)%]";

That line should be:

local sPattern2 = "%[" .. Interface.getString("table_tag") .. "%] [^[]+%[([%d]+) %- ([^)]*)%]";

I am testing now to make sure this corrects the problem.

Bidmaron
November 19th, 2017, 05:20
MW, that change fixes the problem. The way it was, any column number of more than one digit would fail to parse, and the column number defaults to zero, which means to use all the columns in the result. This was the behavior limpinjezus was seeing.

limpinjezus
November 19th, 2017, 05:42
Awesome thanks!

Bidmaron
November 19th, 2017, 05:47
limpinjezus, if you wanted to fix it, you could do so fairly easily just by substituting that line in the file I mentioned in the CoreRPG ruleset. I don't think MW is working a test version of FG 3.3.4 yet, and I doubt SW will consider this a debilitating bug since we've had tables for several years now without anyone ever wanting to access a column more than 9. The file is in the 'scripts' folder within the ruleset if you wanted to fix it yourself.

I will fix it in my generators extension when I get done testing and post my first version, but that is still a few days off (depending upon the holiday).

Moon Wizard
November 19th, 2017, 06:08
Thanks, Bidmaron. I've added to my notes for v3.3.4.

Cheers,
JPG

limpinjezus
November 19th, 2017, 06:09
Yep already done. Thanks again.

Bidmaron
November 19th, 2017, 06:14
Thanks, Bidmaron. I've added to my notes for v3.3.4.

Glad to be of use