PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 1st Edition AD&D players

jayson23
March 4th, 2006, 20:55
I've been playing AD&D since about 1981... just found out about FG. I am either going to purchase the lite or full version, but wanted to see if anyone is playing a 1st edition campaign, or interested in joining one.

If I'm going to join as a player, I'll just buy the lite version, but I'm glad to get the full version and DM if needed.

I am in New York, so I'm available for a once a week game, say 8pm-Midnight EST. Any night would be ok, though Friday & Sat. nights are probably less good.

Leave me a message here or privately. I'm excited to start using FG!

Wraith
March 11th, 2006, 18:13
Unfortunely if you are looking for 1st Edition players I don't think there is a large fan base for that. I do like the roleplaying style of those days and would like to play 3.5 in a 1st Edition setting like Greyhawk. I like the dungeon crawl and adventuring portion of the game. I find that most games these days focus on roleplaying and less on the adventuring. I stand corrected!

guderien
March 12th, 2006, 05:33
I'd be up for a AD&D 1st Edition game but since I'm PST I could not start earlier than 9:30 eastern. Weekends would work for me. Let me know if you think this is feasible.

bobthebuilder
March 12th, 2006, 09:54
There are people DM'ing and playing AD&D 1st edition here, there is even a whole ruleset that some FG users have integrated with their software.

Highway Man
March 14th, 2006, 02:15
I'd be interested in trying out some AD&D using FG.

MisterDevious
July 16th, 2006, 00:05
There are people DM'ing and playing AD&D 1st edition here, there is even a whole ruleset that some FG users have integrated with their software.

The "Elric" links to the 1st Edition rulesets don't go anywhere useful...are they still available elsewhere? (I'm old-school...hit my peak in '85 when men were men and women were like psionics: totally incomprehensible.)

Fingers crossed & making my saves,
MrDVS

Amy McGregor
July 16th, 2006, 06:37
Im intrested in playing. All days are good for me except sundays.

Scout762
July 19th, 2006, 07:11
Hello,

Any one DM'ing a 1st Ed AD&D Game? I would like to join as a player, heck if you can forward me the rule set I will give my hand at DM'ing.

I'd even buy an E-version (I saw it on some link here) of the rules so I would not be in violation of any rules.

Scouts out!

Never Seen... Always Feared!