PDA

View Full Version : Elven Accuracy - Super Advantage

Zephyros
November 16th, 2017, 01:47
Anyone making an extension that can roll a third d20 on ADV on attacks?

Like an Effect: ADV: reroll lower???
I don't known much about what the API can accomplish. Is this a hard thing to program?

Zacchaeus
November 16th, 2017, 10:59
I have not heard of such a thing. I'd suggest that it would significantly skew the game mechanics too much.

I can't say how difficult it would be to implement either I'm afraid.

LordEntrails
November 16th, 2017, 15:13
I think Elven Accuracy is a new racial trait from XgtE. Not sure yet as I haven't bought it.

JohnD
November 16th, 2017, 15:42
Roll an untargeted attack, then roll another untargeted attack with advantage. Drag the best of the two results to the target, apply as normal from that point forward.

kylania
November 16th, 2017, 20:50
Roll an untargeted attack, then roll another untargeted attack with advantage. Drag the best of the two results to the target, apply as normal from that point forward.

Too much targeting and untargeting and dragging and retargeting. Automate it pls! :)

It would be nice to be able to have an effect roll a die, like

ROLL: 2d6

or something. can't remember what it was, but I wanted to be able to do that as part of an effect the other night and couldn't so instead of nicely automated combat turned into a nightmare of micromanagement.

Zacchaeus
November 16th, 2017, 22:02
OK, I see it in XGtE (you'd think I would have remembered eh?).

Anyway, no there's not a way to automate this. By the wording of the feat this only applies when you have advantage on an attack roll. You would have to make your first roll with advantage and then if you felt the need roll one of the dice again. Presumably you aren't going to bother rolling again if you hit so it isn't going to come up that often. FG will handle this just fine if you roll your attack with advantage first and then if you have missed roll another single dice attack. If that last dice hits then FG will take that as the result for things like crits etc.

Zephyros
November 16th, 2017, 22:34
The third dice will help to check if the attack could be a crit. Principally with Champions and Hexblades that can crit on 19-20.

Zacchaeus
November 16th, 2017, 22:47
Indeed and FG will handle that as noted above. Obviously if you first roll crits you are not going to roll another dice right? So you would go to the damage roll which will automate the crit. If the first roll doesn’t crit but the second one does then you go to damage and FG will do the needful. Any other scenario you will either hit or miss with no crit and you can if you hit go to damage and FG will handle the damage correctly.

The only scenario where you’ll have an issue is if you roll a crit with the first roll and then roll another attack dice which does not crit. In that case FG will wipe the crit and the damage will be wrong.

kylania
November 16th, 2017, 23:23
In that case FG will wipe the crit and the damage will be wrong.

There's always the Modifiers Window which has a Crit Damage button or just hold Shift while rolling/clicking to force Crit damage. Something I always forget when I run into the "new player double clicked and got a crit on his first roll" situation.

LordEntrails
November 17th, 2017, 00:55
And of course feature enhancements can always be suggested on the Wish List (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/) :)