PDA

View Full Version : Brand New to Fantasy Grounds

FrenchTickler
November 15th, 2017, 01:41
So I'm brand new to this site was looking around and stumbled upon this. I'm an old school D&D and AD&D player on table top most of my childhood and teenage life. Bit older now looking for something interested to do on my free time. I paid for the normal $3 a month subscription and I'm not going to lie I'm a bit lost. Trying to figure out how to use the program and how to join sessions. Do these sessions typically last awhile? Anyone care to help me, thank you.

LordEntrails
November 15th, 2017, 01:51
So I'm brand new to this site was looking around and stumbled upon this. I'm an old school D&D and AD&D player on table top most of my childhood and teenage life. Bit older now looking for something interested to do on my free time. I paid for the normal $3 a month subscription and I'm not going to lie I'm a bit lost. Trying to figure out how to use the program and how to join sessions. Do these sessions typically last awhile? Anyone care to help me, thank you.
Welcome to FG and the community!

Sessions are not like an MMO or such where they are running constantly and you just have to find who's active at the moment. Rather it's more like your old table top group. You get a group of friends or strangers together and then decide on a time to play etc.

Check out the FG College link at the top of this forum, they have lots of learning/teaching sessions you can join in and they will walk you through. There is also an FAQ from the homepage that has links to videos and a user manual that are worth looking at. Also, check out the LFP posts in this forum to see if there is a group that fits your availability and interest.

Also their is a Discord server that people are on most of the times and can answer questions there if you prefer that format.

Again, welcome and let us know what else you need.

JohnD
November 15th, 2017, 03:10
Welcome to another Old School player. It will help if you give some thought to which days/nights you are available and what times on those days. Also, what rulesets and genres you are looking for. Oh and your time zone so people can pull it all together.

Everyone was new with FG one time; most will be happy to help I think.