PDA

View Full Version : HarnWorld?

Meatball
March 4th, 2006, 01:23
Anyone done any work with FG and HarnWorld? Just wondering :)

Stuart
March 4th, 2006, 08:54
Not that I know of ... Crusader ? I'd be interestd in getting involved ...

Crusader
March 6th, 2006, 11:51
Yeah, I did a ruleset for HarnMaster. It's pretty riddled with copyrighted info though. I'm not sure if that is what you mean since HarnWorld can be used with other rulesystems than HarnMaster.

Meatball
March 9th, 2006, 01:02
Excellent, which version of HM did you use? 1, 2, 3, Gold? I know, too many rulesets :)

Crusader
March 9th, 2006, 07:43
HM3 is my rulesystem of choice.

Meatball
March 13th, 2006, 00:30
That's actually what I've been using, though there are still a few pieces of HM1 I like better than any of the other versions and still use that.

Crusader
March 13th, 2006, 11:14
Yeah, I can understand that. When HM 2/Core came out I was kinda disappointed because it was all visually flashy and stuff but the grittiness of the rulesystem had been oversimplified. At least that was how I saw it then. But when HM3 came out, which was more or less the same as HM2 with some addons I thought: What the hell, Let's just try it and see how it works out. I actually haven't missed HM1 as much as I thought I would.

Meatball
March 14th, 2006, 00:19
Yeah, HM2 was truthfully, terrible. They tried to mainstream the system way too much to try to grab more of the generic "d20" market. I think that was also around the same time CG and Robin started having issues and were going their separate ways.

Thankfully HM3 seems to have moved back to the gritty and realistic rules that drew me into the game in the first place.

Ken_Snellings
March 30th, 2006, 20:47
Hi folks. Just stumbled across this Fantasy Grounds thing (having been a ScreenMonkey User). I'm of course interested in seeing how well HarnMaster Gold can be realized with this program.

Crusader
April 3rd, 2006, 10:11
I've only briefly looked at HM Gold, but don't use it myself. I don't think it should be a problem to make a ruleset for Gold.