PDA

View Full Version : FG Not Starting on Mac After Upgrade to High Sierra

Nilram the Grey
November 14th, 2017, 12:56
It seems my Mac upgraded to High Sierra (OSX 10.13.1) last night and now I can't start FG. I get the following two popups when this order when trying to start the software.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

damned
November 14th, 2017, 13:21
Searching would be my recommendation...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40522-Mac-High-Sierra-Updates-for-Fantasy-Grounds

Huzzah!

Nilram the Grey
November 14th, 2017, 13:28
Thanks damned. I did search, but didn't get that thread. Searching this forum is a hit or miss affair. Looks like I'm in a bit of a pickle. I didn't realize it was going to auto install or I would have blocked it for a while. Tonight, I'll give the suggestions on the thread a try and get back with the results since it seems to be an open issue.

damned
November 14th, 2017, 13:45
Thanks damned. I did search, but didn't get that thread. Searching this forum is a hit or miss affair. Looks like I'm in a bit of a pickle. I didn't realize it was going to auto install or I would have blocked it for a while. Tonight, I'll give the suggestions on the thread a try and get back with the results since it seems to be an open issue.

If you are on the main release and not the beta release or whatever its called you should be ok following those steps I think.
I spend too much time on here so I usually know the answer is there so have some idea what to search on... :(

damned
November 14th, 2017, 13:49
Check here too - https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/1520386297691959997/

Nilram the Grey
November 14th, 2017, 13:50
Damned,

I'll definitely give it a whirl. I just have to get home from the office before I can give it a try. I figure based on my experience with the fix posting to that thread might help others.

Nilram the Grey
November 15th, 2017, 03:04
I followed the directions on the first link above and all is well. Thanks.