PDA

View Full Version : not able to update (not steam version)

magicbus
November 13th, 2017, 18:31
I have Ultimate license and many DLC (almost all the manuals of D&D etc). I was not using FG in the last months so i didn't update it for months. Today i tried to update and i always get this error:

updating modules/ DD MM Monster Manual.mod

ERROR -GetPackageFiles: Network: time out

already 2 hours i'm stuck here. I already tried to relaunch but is always the same.

damned
November 13th, 2017, 18:32
delete that file from the /vault and re-run the updater.

magicbus
November 13th, 2017, 18:42
i have not a file with this name in valult folder, there are some files with similar name in /modules folder, not exactly the same name as reported in the log but similar (monsters.mod monstersPogs.mod etc.) if i delete all the .mod files called monster in /modules folder will fix the issue?

by the way i would like to move all my assets under steam, how can i get the steam key?

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2017, 18:51
Firstly make sure that your antivirus or firewall is not blocking FG from accessing the internet. If that isn't the case then I'd suggest that you delete the fg.exe and the updater.exe from your FG directory and download the FWebinstall from the downloads section and reinstall FG. Make sure that your key, username and password is correct before then doing an update.

You can link FG to Steam. Go into the 'Games' menu at the top of the Steam window and click on activate a product on Steam.

LordEntrails
November 13th, 2017, 19:08
The name of the file in the vault directory is actually "WOTC5EMMDELUXE.dat"

magicbus
November 13th, 2017, 19:32
i followed both suggestions (deleted WOTC5EMMDELUXE.dat and the updater.exe fg.exe, downloaded webinstaller, launched and i'm getting the same error

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2017, 19:48
Did you also make sure that your AV and/or Firewall is not blocking FG?

Moon Wizard
November 13th, 2017, 20:43
magicbus,

That error message indicates that the FG software can’t access your network, so something is blocking access. As Zacchaeus mentioned check Windows Firewall or other security software to make sure that FGUpdaterEngine is not being blocked.

Regards,
JPG

magicbus
November 13th, 2017, 21:32
i deactivated the antiwirus/firewall any way i try again

magicbus
November 13th, 2017, 21:34
The application fgupdaterengine.exe attempted to connect to the Internet:
File path: C:\program files (x86)\fantasy grounds\fgupdaterengine.exe
Destination: 70.35.199.236
Protocol: TCP (6)
Port: HTTP (6)
Bitdefender Firewall has granted access for this application. If you want to deny access, click on the button below or go to Firewall - Rules.
Deny

fgupdaterengine.exe is not blocked (at least this is the report i get from bitdefender)

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2017, 21:41
Try deleting the rule (if there is one) and reset it. Or if there isn't a rule set one.

Additionally although you have an AV it is also possible that Windows Firewall is also active. Check that too.

magicbus
November 14th, 2017, 19:31
Try deleting the rule (if there is one) and reset it. Or if there isn't a rule set one.

Additionally although you have an AV it is also possible that Windows Firewall is also active. Check that too.

thanks, deleting the rule fixed the problem!

pappinr
November 15th, 2017, 19:06
I was having the same problem with the update and the same error message. Followed your advice and BAM, everything updated just fine! Thanks! You guys/gals rock!