PDA

View Full Version : Setup issues

Aracon
November 13th, 2017, 18:22
We got FG running on a friend's Pc but was unable to get it working with me as a host. Would anyone be free 8pm central tonight to skype me and help?

Much appreciated.

damned
November 13th, 2017, 18:25
Hi Aracon was the friends PC setup at the same house/network?
Port Forwarding can only work to one computer at one time.
If you didnt have to do any network setup for the friends PC then plug and play worked.
If you are at the same network and it wont switch to your computer try rebooting the router and then launch your GM instance once its back up and the Plug and Play should find you.

Aracon
November 13th, 2017, 18:51
It was at a different house and network. He configured the router and no issues.

I tried everything the same the tried Hamachi and shutting off virus scanning and even placing my computer in a DMZ as per tech support but no luck.

damned
November 14th, 2017, 00:46
In a CMD prompt do a tracert 8.8.8.8 and post the results.
Check in Network and Sharing Centre what profile/zone your network adapter believes it is in: private/public/domain etc
Are you running any Security Software Suite like Symantec or Macafee?

Aracon
November 16th, 2017, 02:04

Aracon
November 16th, 2017, 02:07
I am running Mcafee. The last time I modified my antivirus to try and get FG running I was mercilessly hacked and ended up wiping my computer.

damned
November 16th, 2017, 02:11
I am running Mcafee. The last time I modified my antivirus to try and get FG running I was mercilessly hacked and ended up wiping my computer.

Hi Aracon - please sene me your email via PM.
Hacking generally requires a direct connection to your PC.
As you are behind a NAT device unless you have put your computer in to DMZ mode there is no direct connection so it is unlikely you were hacked.
You may have been infected by malware/trojan etc but that will have been by triggering an exploit in a browser/pdf/java etc or by being tricked into running a malicious file.