PDA

View Full Version : Since 3.3.3: Runtime Error: Exception: Bad Allocation

LazyDragon
November 13th, 2017, 04:02
Since updating to 3.3.3 from 3.3.2, I inevitably get this message in every game. "Runtime Error: Exception: Bad Allocation" This includes my old campaigns as well as when I started a new one from scratch. I figured it might be due to the large amount of tokens I have and a decent number of modules open, however this doesn't make sense to me since it had managed to work previously with very few issues. When I did come across an issue, it would be fixed after a reset. I am running the latest version of enhanced images as well as the Death Indicator extension.

In the fresh campaign, I also get an error when I attempt to import a character: script error [string "scripts/manager_campaigndata.lua"]:94: dialogueFileOpen: Dialogue error 65535.

Any suggestions?

Trenloe
November 13th, 2017, 05:04
Bad Allocation is an error related to memory use. Have Windows task manager open and keep checking the memory use of FantasyGrounds.exe. If you're running a 64-bit operating system you can get this error when memory use rises above 3GB - it has nothing to do with the amount of memory your system has. If this is the case then you will need to reduce the resources you're using in Fantasy Grounds - reduce the number of tokens you have in the FG \tokens directory, and check any custom images you have - these should not be large resolution, 2048x2048 is the recommended maximum.

LazyDragon
November 13th, 2017, 05:08
I was afraid of that, but I suppose I have no other choice. I removed most of my tokens and it seems to be okay now. I was just surprised since it used to work before. Guess I can't push it as hard as I once could. Thank you.

LordEntrails
November 13th, 2017, 16:00
Or before you were just under the limit and perhaps you added a couple more maps or such. I like to share lots of images and use lots of different maps. I have to remember to cleanup images that I have shared from time to time.