PDA

View Full Version : Reverting back to Old Alias

Lexfire
November 12th, 2017, 13:58
Is there a way to revert back to a previous server alias. I was working on creating a one-shot campaign separate from my regular campaign and figure the alias was set by campaign - apparently not the case.

SirGraystone
November 12th, 2017, 15:29
There's no way to pick your alias, it's given randomly by FG, so no.

madman
November 12th, 2017, 15:46
I think IIRC I have cycled through the available alias options till they repeat.

Madman..

damned
November 12th, 2017, 21:05
You could do as madman hints and cycle all the way back around with a few thousand clicks... Id take a deep breath and move on :)

madman
November 12th, 2017, 22:22
I think it was like forty clicks. But.......

Madman..

damned
November 12th, 2017, 22:28
I think it was like forty clicks. But.......

Madman..

You would have to have been very lucky...
Assuming there is 30 words in each list - there are over 800,000 combinations.
The server will hand you the next one in ITS list - ie other people have been receiving alias's too since you lats requested yours.
If the pool had almost gone all the way around again then you would not have to go very far to get your alias again...
It could also be a very long trip though...
Who knows - maybe there is only 10 words in each list?

LordEntrails
November 12th, 2017, 22:32
When you start requesting an alias, it picks up where it left off for everyone, not where you left off. So, if you get lucky, it might be just a little bit (~40 clicks) in "front" of where your old alias was. Or you might not get lucky :)

Lexfire
November 13th, 2017, 03:04
Moving on with new alias - thanks.

Andraax
November 13th, 2017, 05:34
Or, if you remember your old alias, edit your registry and put it in there. That's what I did when I got a new computer... I've been using the same alias for like 4 years and through three or four computers...

damned
November 13th, 2017, 05:43
Or, if you remember your old alias, edit your registry and put it in there. That's what I did when I got a new computer... I've been using the same alias for like 4 years and through three or four computers...

I tried that once with a custom alias: your all gonna die but it didnt work for my use case :)

Trenloe
November 13th, 2017, 05:58
I tried that once with a custom alias: your all gonna die but it didnt work for my use case :)
Yeah, I tried something similar before. You can't use custom words in the alias, you have to use the limited words that FG uses.