PDA

View Full Version : New Game Looking for Players - Eastern Time

deckyon
March 3rd, 2006, 14:32
I have created a calendar entry for the game.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=46

Simple module that should take 2 to 3 sessions to complete. I am wanting to playtest this new adventure. Small farming town about 3 days ride from the Free City has started having problems with Kobolds that have taken over an old monastery a few hours from the town. The citizens have asked the Free City to send some adventurers to help look into the problem.

Characters should be roled up with a 28 point buy. Standard starting gold, no single item worth more than 1/2 starting gold.

D&D 3.5 / Greyhawk

SurlyDwarf
March 3rd, 2006, 15:11
When? As in day of week and time? I'd be interested if I can fit it between current commitments.

deckyon
March 3rd, 2006, 17:29
I am not completly sure yet. I know it sounds wishy-washy, but currently my free days and times are Monday and Wednesday from about 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm or so. I was hoping to get a feel for when others would be able to play before setting a concrete time. Besides, as I have to go out of town in a little over a week, it will be 3 weeks before it could start at the earliest.

If you want a time to log in and discuss characters and other aspects, I can say put down your best times and we will see what we can do.

SurlyDwarf
March 3rd, 2006, 18:05
Cool. I also responded on the Mountain.
https://www.surlydwarf.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=97#97

But, the upshot of my post is, I am in if you want me.

deckyon
March 3rd, 2006, 21:04
Great. I have added a date/time for this comming monday to discuss characters and a kind-of get-to-know each other period. Monday, March 6, 2006 at 7pm EST. I will post the connection information when I get a chance. I am not currently on the PC that I will be using for the game.

Jozan
March 3rd, 2006, 21:28
I may join the game and play some. It will be my second FG game though, my group is supposed to play our first game on March 11th.
I will play a Half-Orc Fighter if I get to join the game.

deckyon
March 4th, 2006, 01:42
Game information updated on the Calendar:
Server address/alias: cold jump warm nail

Yost
March 4th, 2006, 13:48
I would be interested if this game was running on Mondays..I can generally schedule a few hours on Monday evenings...

deckyon
March 4th, 2006, 15:05
yes, I am pushing for Mondays from around 7pm to 11pm or so EST. Glad to have you.

Dont forget, meeting time on this coming monday (check the calendar) to get together and iron out any character questions and connection issues.

Email me at [email protected] and let me know if you have used Ventrilo before. I may see if that would be feasible as well.

deckyon
March 5th, 2006, 16:00
Basically, this is what I put up on the FG Calendar site:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=46

I will be using that site to post game times and have everyone approve the times and such. We currently have 4 players stating they are going to play, this is encouraging. As I have stated to some of you, this will be my first try using FG to DM a game. Please be nice!

I was also thinking of using Ventrilo for communicating over the chat function. This will be an all or none thing, as I want to make sure everyone gets the same information. If you do not want to use this, just let me know and we will stick with chat. This is a free application that can be downloaded from https://www.ventrilo.com
Connection information:
Server: sturm.dyndns.org
Port: 3784
Password: dionket
Channel: FantasyGrounds

Here is what is posted on the Calendar.

Simple campaign that should take 2 to 3 sessions to complete. I am wanting to playtest this new adventure. Small farming town about 3 days ride from the Free City has started having problems with Kobolds that have taken over an old monastery a few hours from the town. The citizens have asked the Free City to send some adventurers to help look into the problem. Characters should be roled up with a 28 point buy. Standard starting gold, no single item worth more than 1/2 starting gold. Contact : [email protected] for more information.
Genre: Fantasy
Ruleset / Setting: D&D 3.5 / Greyhawk
Starting level: 1
Server address/alias: cold jump warm nail

The first meeting will be on Monday, March 6th at 07:00 PM. I will be on yahoo and gmail chat. (Deckyon on Yahoo.) This meeting will be to get through any connection issues and character creation questions and any other questions you all may have.

Jozan
March 5th, 2006, 16:14
That's fine with me, I just installed it.
See ya Monday:cool:

Yost
March 5th, 2006, 22:00
I've never used Ventrillo and prefer not to....I'm used to typing in an rp setting after playing nwn for a while..

deckyon
March 6th, 2006, 00:21
Well, Vent was gonna be an all or none, so we can not worry about it.

On a lighter note, I have all the text converted into FG format, and I have the hand-drawn maps scanned in. I am now working on formatting and display of the text as well as using Dunjini for remaking the maps. We will see how well my efforts pay off when game time comes.

slowsnake
March 9th, 2006, 07:07
Hi. deckyon. slowsmake here. I'm interested in your game. I'm a old time D&D player since the early 80's. I have been playing in oprerpg and FG for 6 months now. I have been using teamspeak, skype, paltaltk and just loaded ventrilo. That is new to me, the other voice programs are good too. If room is left give me a reply, so we can talk about the game. I'm in MTN time, moved from SY NY to AZ. Thanks for your time. [email protected]

deckyon
March 9th, 2006, 12:35
Thanks for your interest, but we are full now. This current game will be running for about 3 to 5 sessions. I do have a follow-up adventure planned which I will create a new calendar entery for when the time comes. You are welcome to put your name in for that game.

Also, we are playing in Easter Time, so mountain time I think would be dificult to make. We play from 7pm to around 11pm (which would be 5-9 for you, I believe.) We can see what happens in the next game.

slowsnake
March 9th, 2006, 23:48
Hi, deckyou. Thanks for the info. Put me up on your next game. The time you play is is ok for me, I work at home. Thanks for your time. David Cabrera reply to [email protected] for the next new game.

deckyon
March 20th, 2006, 14:43
We are good to go. I will be online a bit before hand to work out any connection issues people have as well as to share out the map images beforehand to speed up the connections. Connection Information on the Game Info page in the Game Calendar.

SurlyDwarf
March 20th, 2006, 14:45
We are good to go. I will be online a bit before hand to work out any connection issues people have as well as to share out the map images beforehand to speed up the connections. Connection Information on the Game Info page in the Game Calendar.

Awesome. See you all there!

Twitchfingers
March 20th, 2006, 16:53
Is it too late to join?

deckyon
March 20th, 2006, 20:45
Probably. You are welcome to sit in. We are running at 7pm EST (-5 GMT) The connection information is in the Calendar Entry.

Jozan
March 21st, 2006, 17:35
Great gameing session last night guys! That was tons of fun, I can't wait until next week! Thanks for hosting Deckyon, your doing a fine job:D

deckyon
March 22nd, 2006, 13:03
Thanks for the encouragement. Being my first try running a game on this software with a custom module is a bit daunting. Especially for someone who has not had (relatively speaking) a lot of time in the DM's chair. I have 3 goals with this particular campaign. 1, We all have fun. 2, We all learn the software and become familiar with it. 3, I work out some bugs with the module and get some of the holes out of it.

I had origonally thought of running this at Gencon in a sanctioned event, but I thought I would lose some of my fun as a DM. I have since changed my mind and decided to run it as just a Pick-Up game for any who want to join. I will be in GenCon Indy all 4 days, so if any of you want to get together, let me know.

This is also a testbed for a follow-up module, which I am converting right now, for 3-5 characters at levels 2-3. I will be posting a new Calendar entry when we start wrapping up Kobold Threat.

Jozan
March 22nd, 2006, 13:35
That sounds awsome, let me know when ya post the follow up game and I will join it as well.