PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e

dungeon_master
November 11th, 2017, 03:20
Hello all. I am currently seeking 3-5 people for a campaign of Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e. I am in the midst of creating the entire homebrew world from scratch -- maps, history, lore, etc. I definitely like to have a nice polished land that would be up to professional standards.

So the first thing to do is to meet some people and get to know a bit about the gaming styles and what you all consider a good game so that I can adjust my technique [as much as I can anyways] to a very fun environment. I do tend to take the gaming seriously when in DM mode, but outside of game I'm just a silly nerd. And for the most part fly by the seat of my pants and adjust rules to my logic of the sequence at hand. I do not like hack-n-slash but a good battle is always fun. I mainly like the character development and roleplay aspects. So creativity and imagination matter more than guidelines/rules/books after character creation.

I have been playing for I don't know... like 25 years and have written for publishing houses and have ran a plethora of online games, but I did depart the gaming world for a while as real life took over. I am going to have a good solid 3-4 months to be able to game without any troubles and will be putting most of my time and effort into this campaign only. I only wish to play one game at a time, if you play in MANY games, then this probably will not suit your tastes as I think that playing in too many games makes the ethics of gaming a bit skewed -- also just saturation of anything makes for a self-entitled player. We want a nice, cool group of folks who just want to have a good time and spend time with other's who share the same enthusiasm for gaming.

Scheduling will be talked about when the group begins to materialize.

There is a-lot more about me, which you can learn in time, and vice versa. This is a MICROPHONE required campaign. If you don't have one: Download the Discord APP for your phone or plug a pair of headphones into your mic port [it works.]

So the first thing to do --

Jump onto the d20 voice chat server [No Downloads Needed but you can download the APP if you want to use on your phone,too]
https://discord.gg/5ySGurM
Discord is an awesome program for any type of Gamer that wishes to use voice. This is the General D20 Room for all. We will setup a room on there and be able to conduct our campaign with the privacy and focus a game deserves.
Players will have a character sheet at myth-weavers.com profiler.

If I am not around at the moment, please just be patient. I usually stay in there as I have it on my phone as well. So I'm always there, but maybe not "there." You know what I mean. So just hang out if it's too late or too early as I might be asleep. I will not be checking this board very often -- Mic is so much easier for OOC.

I look forward to meeting some of you and be able to find a nice group to conduct a valiant campaign!

Rock on Good Folk.

damned
November 12th, 2017, 12:05
Welcome dungeon_master!