PDA

View Full Version : Universal Module Extension

damned
November 11th, 2017, 01:47
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/266/view

Moved to Forge. https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/266/view

Extension still attached here for Classic users.

This small extension should work in most CoreRPG layered rulesets and will allow you to mix rulesets and modules up.
You will get varying degrees of success.
Things that will likely work are:
Reference Manual
Story
Images
NPC - Names and description only
Items - Names and description only
Encounters - partial

You will get plenty of things that dont work, plenty of things that partially work. This cant be helped as different game rulesets have different data structures.
If Ive missed (or misspelled) any rulesets let me know.
If you get errors on a type of data... dont complain to me or to SmiteWorks etc...

Current Ruleset tags that are included:

d20
2E
3.5E
4E
5E
PFRPG
PFRPG2
CallOfCthulhu7e
CallOfCthulhu7E
CallOfCthulhu
Savage Worlds
SavageWorlds
DCCRPG
MoreCore
CoreRPG
BoL
WOIN
DungeonWorld
PulpAction
WorldOfDarkness
DCC
W.O.I.N
Traveller
Classic Traveller
Castles and Crusades
Maelstrom
AD&D
AD&D Core
TrailOfCthulhu
Numenera
SFRPG
Symbaroum

see following post for Unity build just for now.

vainazzo
November 11th, 2017, 02:30
post stolen.

this version should be ok for Unity - tested only on the Dev build.

JohnD
November 11th, 2017, 06:35
Very nice.

Thegroo
November 12th, 2017, 02:19
Great work

Luthbel
January 17th, 2018, 03:42
Thank you SO much. I´m setting up Curse of the Crimson Throne in 5th edition, and the patch fix I did was to add PFRPG to the layering of 5e ruleset. A lame fix, because everytime FG update 5e ruleset I would be forced to apply the change.
Again, thanks, it will avoid lots of headaches.

Bidmaron
January 17th, 2018, 10:08
I´m setting up Curse of the Crimson Throne in 5th edition, and the patch fix I did was to add PFRPG to the layering of 5e ruleset. A lame fix, because everytime FG update 5e ruleset I would be forced to apply the change.

Not sure what you mean by that, but if it is what it sounds like, you are messing with the fabric of the universe, and you will very likely regret it. Those rulesets are not (completely) compatible, and the issues will be complex and difficult to find and fix.
But I wish you luck.
If you ever come to these boards with issues from this, you need to tell folks what you have done or they will waste a lot of time troubleshooting your problem. And, I really don't think you should expect someone to help you when you are doing something this risky and beyond the design of the software.

damned
January 17th, 2018, 11:03
Im guessing he just meant adding:

<importinfo>
<acceptfrom ruleset="PFRPG" />
</importinfo>

to the base.xml

Bidmaron
January 18th, 2018, 00:03
Well that is fairly harmless and bypasses the need for your extension

Trenloe
January 18th, 2018, 00:14
Well that is fairly harmless and bypasses the need for your extension
Nope, it doesn't bypass the need for the extension.

If you change anything in a standard ruleset it will be overwritten by the next update - and FG will even tell you that there is an update available. So this extension is indeed needed!

Luthbel
January 18th, 2018, 03:19
Yes, I prefer the extension for the reason Trenloe pointed. As soon as there´s a new version of the ruleset, the updater will overlap the changes.
But, when I did the change Damned shown to the base.xml, I didn´t knew there was an extension :)

Bidmaron
January 18th, 2018, 03:55
Sorry. I wasn’t meaning to diminish the brilliance and utility of his extension.

viviolay
July 13th, 2018, 05:01
Posting to say that I am using this extension to be able to run Rise of the Runelords module for my players in the DnD 5e ruleset. It has saved me so much work trying to upload maps/images/dungeons etc.
Thank you so much.

damned
July 13th, 2018, 05:26
Posting to say that I am using this extension to be able to run Rise of the Runelords module for my players in the DnD 5e ruleset. It has saved me so much work trying to upload maps/images/dungeons etc.
Thank you so much.

Huzzah!

ithix
July 21st, 2018, 16:05
This .ext is just what I needed. Thanks.

punisher5150
July 26th, 2018, 04:27
Looks great! Can't wait to test it out!

Trenloe
July 26th, 2018, 04:31
The link for the extension seems to be broken or missing? Is there anywhere else to download it from?
It's valid.

Make sure you are running your browser in full desktop mode and in the FGResonsive theme (set at the bottom right of the page).

punisher5150
July 26th, 2018, 04:36
Yeah for some reason it kept taking me to this forum page instead and the attached file icon had nothing next to it.

But I got it now! Edited my post above before I realized you had answered.

k410
October 29th, 2018, 22:04
Thanks very much for this, damned!

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2018, 05:05
Updated initial post with slightly updated version to allow Starfinder books to be accessed as well.

JPG

Logan-05
November 16th, 2018, 15:48
Just discovered this thread. What a terrific feature. Sincere thanks, damned!

Lensman
January 8th, 2019, 22:31
+1 thanks!!!

Trenloe
April 16th, 2019, 20:46
It would be nice if this very useful extension could be updated to include some of the recent official rulesets - for example: 2E, Symbaroum, etc..

Because I know you've got lots of time on your hands! ;)

damned
April 16th, 2019, 22:43
It would be nice if this very useful extension could be updated to include some of the recent official rulesets - for example: 2E, Symbaroum, etc..

Because I know you've got lots of time on your hands! ;)

I can do that - I just need the extra ruleset names...

damned
April 16th, 2019, 22:51
I can do that - I just need the extra ruleset names...

Ive added 2E, Symbaroum... DCCRPG and AD&D were already there and PFRPG2 and WorldOfDarkness have been added just in case...
Any others?

Trenloe
April 16th, 2019, 23:13
Ive added 2E, Symbaroum... DCCRPG and AD&D were already there and PFRPG2 and WorldOfDarkness have been added just in case...
Any others?
Fast work!

Judging from this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24890-DCC-RPG-Ruleset&p=434058&viewfull=1#post434058 I think the official DCC ruleset has a space, i.e. "DCC RPG" whereas the community ruleset is spaceless.

soulfire777
June 19th, 2019, 14:46
How do you actually use/apply this? I'm trying to use a Pathfinder AP in D&D 5.

I know I'll need to convert it - I just want to get it loaded.

Trenloe
June 19th, 2019, 15:05
How do you actually use/apply this? I'm trying to use a Pathfinder AP in D&D 5.

I know I'll need to convert it - I just want to get it loaded.
Welcome to the FG forums.

You download the extension (.ext file) from post #1.
Put it in the <FG app data>\extension directory (get to <FG app data> by clicking on the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen).
On your load campaign screen, select your campaign and then select the Universal Modules extension for activation. If it's not there, restart FG and make sure you’re using a supported ruleset.
Load your campaign and then go to the library -> module activation and open the modules you want to use.

Further information on an extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Files_Overview#Extensions

The High Druid
August 16th, 2019, 22:53
Would this allow the official WotC modules to open in the PF2 ruleset?

Trenloe
August 16th, 2019, 23:06
Would this allow the official WotC modules to open in the PF2 ruleset?
Yes.

But pay attention to the "You will get plenty of things that don't work..." paragraph!

The High Druid
August 16th, 2019, 23:49
Thanks. Not expecting monster stats, items, spells, etc to make any sense, but if the story and maps show up, the rest we can figure out.

Natewizard
September 10th, 2019, 15:21
I downloaded this but seeing anything from other edition I have bought from FG's, how do i use it to incorporate this mod ??

Trenloe
September 10th, 2019, 15:25
I downloaded this but seeing anything from other edition I have bought from FG's, how do i use it to incorporate this mod ??
Have you activated the extension for your chosen campaign?
What Ruleset are you using?
What ruleset are the products you want to see from?

Natewizard
September 10th, 2019, 15:28
I downloaded it and not showing up in modules when I launch FG's and trying to use some 5e Adventures with Pathfinder 1E

Trenloe
September 10th, 2019, 15:30
I downloaded it and not showing up in modules when I launch FG's and trying to use some 5e Adventures with Pathfinder 1E
1) Download the .ext file from post #1.
2) Close FG and copy the file to your <FG app data>\extensions directory.
3) Load up FG and on the "Load Campaign" screen, select your campaign and in the Campaign Details -> Extensions section enable the "Universal Module" extension.
4) Load up FG and you should see all of your modules in the library available for activation.

AQuebman
October 8th, 2019, 14:04
First off this tool is absolutely great but is there a forum for problems to discuss with others?

Like I am converting slave lords over to DCC and it freaks out about AC because od a database issue but I dont know the first thing about updating a database for FG without causing potential major issues.

Any help or areas I could be pointed to I would appreciate.

Trenloe
October 8th, 2019, 14:15
First off this tool is absolutely great but is there a forum for problems to discuss with others?

Like I am converting slave lords over to DCC and it freaks out about AC because od a database issue but I dont know the first thing about updating a database for FG without causing potential major issues.

Any help or areas I could be pointed to I would appreciate.
As mentioned in post #1: "You will get plenty of things that dont work, plenty of things that partially work. This cant be helped as different game rulesets have different data structures."

This extension is primarily to allow you to load up non-RPG specific data such as maps, story entries, reference manuals, etc. from modules designed for other systems.

You've pretty much got to manually recreate the records that raise errors.

AQuebman
October 8th, 2019, 14:20
Oh okay thank you for the quick reply. Guess I was just hopeful it would be something I could tweak in a DB tool rather than recreate records.

A question about errors like that. Does it keep the data it can accept and then just choke on what it cant?, i ask because if thats the case i can copy the data already there and just add whats uniquely erroring.

Hope that made sense :-)

Trenloe
October 8th, 2019, 14:28
Oh okay thank you for the quick reply. Guess I was just hopeful it would be something I could tweak in a DB tool rather than recreate records.

A question about errors like that. Does it keep the data it can accept and then just choke on what it cant?, i ask because if thats the case i can copy the data already there and just add whats uniquely erroring.

Hope that made sense :-)
The issue is that it will continually choke on the incorrect data, and you can't edit the underlying module data for re-use in many campaigns (only a copy in the individual campaign). If you want to try getting deep in FG database XML (be warned, you can completely screw things up, so always take a backup) then you could maybe make a copy of the record in the campaign and try to edit all of the data fields to be correct. But, to be honest, if you get a record with errors you're best making a completely new one as that will probably be quicker and less error prone in the long run - you can probably copy/paste most of the data from the record with the errors into a new record.

AQuebman
October 8th, 2019, 14:31
The issue is that it will continually choke on the incorrect data, and you can't edit the underlying module data for re-use in many campaigns (only a copy in the individual campaign). If you want to try getting deep in FG database XML (be warned, you can completely screw things up, so always take a backup) then you could maybe make a copy of the record in the campaign and try to edit all of the data fields to be correct. But, to be honest, if you get a record with errors you're best making a completely new one as that will probably be quicker and less error prone in the long run - you can probably copy/paste most of the data from the record with the errors into a new record.

Yeah the copy pasta of data from the erroring record is all I wanted to confirm I could do. The error i get is with AC but I think everything else is there so I should be able to use that then.

Thanks again!

Moon Wizard
October 31st, 2019, 05:33
Extension updated to no longer throw errors when used in FGU.

Regards,
JPG

dungeongrub
October 31st, 2019, 09:24
Damned et al, I don't usually post on the forums - I admit I'm a bit of a lurker, however, I really can't stay silent on this one... I have three years worth of world building and scenario modules built in the Savage Worlds rule set and our group has decided to switch to Zweihander rpg on MoreCore, mid campaign.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your extension has saved me having to manually copy all of my story modules. YOU HAVE SAVED ME HOURS OF GRAFT!

You are all absolute legends. What an incredible community Fantasy Grounds has, with generous, clever people at the heart of it. Thanks again.

starthree16
December 27th, 2019, 20:14
Is there anything different that has to be done to activate this in FGU? I downloaded a new copy, put it in my extensions folder, activated it on the campaign screen and see that it is loaded when the campaign comes up but do not see any non-5E (pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, etc) availible.

damned
December 27th, 2019, 22:03
Is there anything different that has to be done to activate this in FGU? I downloaded a new copy, put it in my extensions folder, activated it on the campaign screen and see that it is loaded when the campaign comes up but do not see any non-5E (pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, etc) availible.

hey there starthree16
this extension has no data of its own - it will just make data from your own modules visible to/from other rulesets.
you should see the pathfinder/3.5e srd material available but there is no Call of Cthulhu data in a default install

if you do have content that isnt showing can you please post a screenshot of your Chat Window immediately after the campaign loads?

starthree16
December 28th, 2019, 01:39
Here are the screen shots of when my campaign loads and where I would expect to see Rise of the Runelords.

damned
December 28th, 2019, 02:42
Can you see any other non-5E modules in there? That looks roughly correct. Can you open RotRL on a new PF campaign? Is it possible you havent downloaded it yet?

starthree16
December 28th, 2019, 12:26
I can see all my PF content in a PF campaign but can't see any non-product modules in either. There is just the one extension file right (not a separate one for Unity)? Are there any pre-requisite extensions that have to be added?

damned
December 28th, 2019, 12:29
I can see all my PF content in a PF campaign but can't see any non-product modules in either. There is just the one extension file right (not a separate one for Unity)? Are there any pre-requisite extensions that have to be added?

I have yet to try Unity - no time - but Ive been told the extension works.
One thing that could have happened is the PF ruleset might have had its name changed in Unity?
Does the PFRPG.pak exist in your Unity /rulesets folder?

starthree16
December 28th, 2019, 12:35
PFRPG.pak does exist

damned
December 28th, 2019, 12:38
sending you a PM

Milke
February 4th, 2020, 23:23
Just stumbled across this.
If this works like I imagine it does from the description... it should make a ton of PF1 modules in the FG store valuable to me. If I can open them up with the maps and descriptions there. And I will just need to add my own monsters and treasure. Right?
This looks neat. Will try it tonight.

damned
February 4th, 2020, 23:37
Just stumbled across this.
If this works like I imagine it does from the description... it should make a ton of PF1 modules in the FG store valuable to me. If I can open them up with the maps and descriptions there. And I will just need to add my own monsters and treasure. Right?
This looks neat. Will try it tonight.

Yes it should work fine for that but it doesnt currently work under FGU.

Milke
February 4th, 2020, 23:43
I have FGU ultimate. But I'm waiting a while before using it. I don't know how to add any extensions to it or anything. I am going to wait until there are people who are pro at it and make plenty of youtube videos and tutorials.

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2020, 00:45
The latest build of FGU should fix extension loading on player side, which is what Damned was referring to being broken.

Regards,
JPG

Milke
February 5th, 2020, 00:52
Oh. Well, I'll take a look then.

Milke
February 5th, 2020, 07:51
Downloaded it. Inserted into FG Classic. Started a new campaign with PFRPG2. Chose the Curse of the Crimson Throne adventure path from PF1.
In about an hour, I had the new stats, monsters and treasure entered in. And I'm ready for my first remote session of CotCT in PFRPG2 in Fantasy Grounds.
Amazing.

damned
February 5th, 2020, 11:29
Boom! Good stuff.

damned
February 8th, 2020, 14:28
Ive added a Unity build in Post #2 for now. Please test.

ed_wilcox
February 22nd, 2020, 01:00
Absolutely brilliant.

Thank you.

lessiehanamoray
March 27th, 2020, 22:20
Awesome! I've been digging through my dad's collection for mods, and having to enter everything in manually sucks. I was just about to go on the forum and ask if I could use modules from old editions of D&D, so I could load maps, images, descriptions, and the like, when I found this. I look forward to trying it out.

borusa32
April 4th, 2020, 08:08
This is just what I am looking for but for some reason the link to the files in post 1 isn't working-sorry,can you help?

Trenloe
April 4th, 2020, 08:13
This is just what I am looking for but for some reason the link to the files in post 1 isn't working-sorry,can you help?
Make sure you’re not viewing in mobile mode - switch to full site. If that doesn’t work, then change the theme (bottom left of forum) to FG Responsive.

Angrybob
April 26th, 2020, 21:17
Hmm, I'm running into the same problem with the link. all I see is a paperclip and no actual link. I am on my PC so I don't think I'm in mobile mode. but I also don't see a theme button to change.
*edit* Ha! I must have been on mobile, I found a link in the center bottom that said "FULL SITE" and that was the solution I needed.

Mortar
April 26th, 2020, 21:21
You'll know if your in mobile mode because the forums will be blue on a white background. If you are on desktop the theme can be changed via a drop down at the bottom left below the active user list

Steampunk Gamer
August 20th, 2020, 04:38
Wow this extension looks awesome! I'm wondering would this work with the Fate Core ruleset? Or, what about the Fate More extension for Fate Ruleset found here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31169-Fate-More-extension-for-Fate-Ruleset

My group wanted to do Fate, but other than the core ruleset there doesn't seem to be much support for the game on FGU. I was just going to manually add story and maps, but if this extension works it would save me a ton of time.

jakemtl
August 22nd, 2020, 21:28
At this point I have to add my sincere thanks to damned for his post and extension. I will be appreciating this extension for many years to come!

Steampunk Gamer
August 28th, 2020, 04:47
So I tried this extension out with the Fate rule set both with and without the More Fate extension, and it works great! My thanks to both damned and vainazzo for this excellent extension.

pablomaz
September 8th, 2020, 15:18
Hey guys. Is it working fine with FGU?

esmdev
September 8th, 2020, 15:38
Hey guys. Is it working fine with FGU?

The second post in the thread appears to be for a Unity version.

pablomaz
September 8th, 2020, 15:54

Yup, there is! Just tested and it's OK!
Thanks for putting that up, Damned!

Atreides Ghola
October 19th, 2020, 17:10
So, quick question - I think this is the place to ask?

Is it possible to use the Harrow Deck from PF1 with the PF2e ruleset using this extension?

superteddy57
October 19th, 2020, 19:41
You would be able to open the module associated with the product, but you won't be able to use the extension that accompanies it. It would need to be configured to work in both PF1 and PF2

Quintain
December 21st, 2020, 18:56

I have a couple purchases for 2nd Edition (official TSR/WOTC stuff) that works with the extension provided for FGC, but the same 2nd Edition purchases don't work my installation of FGU.

Is there something additional I need to do to get it to work?

jakemtl
December 21st, 2020, 19:12
I have a couple purchases for 2nd Edition (official TSR/WOTC stuff) that works with the extension provided for FGC, but the same 2nd Edition purchases don't work my installation of FGU.

Is there something additional I need to do to get it to work?
Hi Quintain,

I do not have any specific 2nd Edition material to test it with, but in my experience, the Universal Module works consistently and universally well for all my materials in FGC and FGU. The only thing I can think of it that perhaps you did not select the Universal Module from your list of Extensions in the specific campaign you created that you are missing those 2nd Edition materials in? The Universal Module Extension needs to be specifically selected (activated) for each campaign that you want to use it in.

I hope this is helpful!

Quintain
December 23rd, 2020, 19:32
Jakemtl,

Ok, it looks like app was using the roaming profile, and not the one under my general ProgramData folder tree. Once I copied all the extensions from B to A, I see the extensions now.

LadyBrigid
January 28th, 2021, 18:58
Thank you to whomever coded the UniversalModule extension! You have saved me hundreds of hours of work! Not having to re-import images and maps alone from my Rise of the Runelords modules into my 5E campaign is a big deal. I am grateful!

dogfisc
April 19th, 2021, 23:36
This is an awesome extension! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use it though.

For my current campaign (Pathfinder 1e), I've been creating adventures in their own campaigns, exporting them as modules, and loading into the running campaign as needed. I'd like to do that with some old AD&D 1e modules that I have for FGU. If I create a new campaign and open the module for the adventure B2 Keep on the Borderlands (not it's real name; my players might see this post), I can make changes but I can't export the whole thing as a new module. My current plan is to make those changes, and when it comes time to run it, copy \moduledb\B2 Keep on the Borderlands.xml from the modification campaign to the running campaign.

Does that make sense, or does anyone know a better way to incorporate those changes? I very briefly considered copying everything in the module and exporting it as a new, PF1e module, but then I'd still need to edit every link and pin, and that's just insane.

damned
April 20th, 2021, 00:19
When you do an /export it only exports content created in that campaign.
In your Live campaign load up the original and the exported campaign and you should see all your changes.

dogfisc
April 20th, 2021, 16:31
Does /export export changes or just additions? For example, if I create a new NPC that will be exported, but if I edit an encounter to replace the old NPC with the one I created, will that encounter be exported?

I really need to just find some time to experiment with this myself.

damned
April 20th, 2021, 17:46
All edits and additions should export.

dogfisc
April 20th, 2021, 22:01
Cool, thanks damned! I thought the edits just stayed with the current campaign. That will save a lot of work.

Saeval
May 29th, 2021, 08:51
I've been running a Pathfinder 2e version of the Reign of Winter AP for about a year now and this extension has been extremely helpful. Recently though I've noticed that I'm getting an error when I open the spells tab but it also makes it so I'm unable to use the dropdown search filters now. I was using this to generate the spell lists of all the witches they run into but now I can't sort by spell type anymore. I know there will be weird interactions with this extension but maybe there's something that can be done to tweak it to update it with the newer releases to bring back the original functionality. I can still scroll through the list to find things but not being able to filter out spells I don't need is a pain with all the different spells available across all the books. I'm almost at the last book of the AP so it's not like I have to mess with it much longer but I figured I would bring it up in case it is something that can be fixed easily.

Trenloe
May 29th, 2021, 09:06
I know there will be weird interactions with this extension but maybe there's something that can be done to tweak it to update it with the newer releases to bring back the original functionality.
This extension has no code in it. All it does is allow you to open other modules. This, unfortunately, is just a case of using data that is designed to be used in a different ruleset - and is the big thing to keep in mind when using this extension. Updates to the data, or the ruleset (which is probably the case here), might cause new issues as they're not "aware" of each other (and they're not designed to be either).

I suggest you load up a PF1 campaign in parallel and use that to reference information you can't access using the Universal Modules extension.

Doswelk
May 31st, 2021, 12:28
For the first ever, I've found something Universal does not open, it is the Vaesen ruleset stuff, oh well, I'll have to key it all in manually for my game.

damned
May 31st, 2021, 12:31
I havent updated the game list in a while.
Crack it open and add:

<acceptfrom ruleset="Vaesen" />

into the extension.xml file

Doswelk
May 31st, 2021, 16:47
LOL, never opened it up to see how it worked, brilliant but simple :)

It worked.

DMTCSyd
September 24th, 2021, 15:00
I purchased the AD&D 2e module The Shattered Circle because I want to use the maps and story and recreate the encounters for 5e. How do I use the extension file to do this?

Trenloe
September 24th, 2021, 15:04
I purchased the AD&D 2e module The Shattered Circle because I want to use the maps and story and recreate the encounters for 5e. How do I use the extension file to do this?
Enabling the extension on your campaign load screen before you load your 5e campaign will show all of your modules, from all the rulesets, in your library -> module activation screen. Just enable the extension and activate your module as normal.

To be able to do this you need to copy the .ext file attached to post #1 into your <FG app data>\extension directory on your FG computer.

DMTCSyd
September 26th, 2021, 00:37
Thanks, that worked :o

gaijin1885
February 18th, 2022, 18:31
Hi all, Todai i got error when i try to use this with OSE ruleset. Until last week never a problem with this extension

Trenloe
February 18th, 2022, 18:45
Hi all, Todai i got error when i try to use this with OSE ruleset. Until last week never a problem with this extension
What error did you get? Please provide full details of the error and when it occurs.

And I remind you of the information in the first post:

You will get plenty of things that dont work, plenty of things that partially work. This cant be helped as different game rulesets have different data structures.
If you get errors on a type of data... dont complain to me or to SmiteWorks etc...

This extension only allows you to open library modules from other rulesets - it doesn't do anything else.

gaijin1885
February 18th, 2022, 18:49
In the log while loading my campaign appear an error with the .xml of the extension

Trenloe
February 18th, 2022, 18:51
In the log while loading my campaign appear an error with the .xml of the extension
Please provide the exact error message.

Arnagus
February 18th, 2022, 20:29
Confirmed, I got the same.
This is the error:
[2/18/2022 9:12:49 PM] [ERROR] Error loading extension XML file. [UniversalModule] [common/universal.xml]: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 55, position 34.

and this is the fix:
in common/universal.xml, replace line 55
CURRENT: <acceptfrom ruleset="Dungeons & Dragons" />
BUGFIX: <acceptfrom ruleset="Dungeons &amp; Dragons" />

Trenloe
February 18th, 2022, 20:44
Confirmed, I got the same.
This is the error:
[2/18/2022 9:12:49 PM] [ERROR] Error loading extension XML file. [UniversalModule] [common/universal.xml]: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 55, position 34.

and this is the fix:
in common/universal.xml, replace line 55
CURRENT: <acceptfrom ruleset="Dungeons & Dragons" />
BUGFIX: <acceptfrom ruleset="Dungeons & Dragons" />
Thanks for providing details of the error - and the fix. Hopefully @Damned will update that soon.

damned
February 18th, 2022, 21:37
I wasnt getting that error however I know it was using the amp version previously so I have updated to that again just now.

hicksms
March 27th, 2022, 20:28
This is an amazing extension. Thank you so much. How difficult would it be for Cypher System to be added to it?

damned
March 27th, 2022, 21:58
If you use the Forge version it contains Cypher, The Strange and Numenera.

hawkwind
April 19th, 2022, 06:20
Quick question. I'm planning on using this extension to run a PF1 àdventure path in Savage worlds. The pf1 module opens fine however I need to rebuild parcels and encounters and edit story entries. I'm worried that the pf1 module may get an official update and overwrite all my conversion work.
I can just edit the existing story, encounter and parcel entries or should I create copies first to edit to protect being over written by any future updates?

damned
April 19th, 2022, 06:28
Automatic updates wont affect your current campaign unless you revert changes.
After the first few months the updates tend to be minor.
You can (I think) export your changes also.
To be safest you would make copies and edit and export.
I personally wouldnt bother unless I was planning on rerunning or it was a new AP.

dsaraujo
May 6th, 2022, 04:33
Is there any way to only allow story and images entries to be loaded from outside the expected Ruleset?

Let me explain my use case: I'm converting Rise of the Runelords for PFRPG2, but I bought the Anniversary Edition for PF1 so I could have all the maps, images and story at hand inside FG. However, all the items, spells and creatures only add noise and pollution to the list of entries. It is not the end of the world, it works, just looking for a way to make things slightly easier for me (especially during prep time).

Edit: Maybe manually using Module.onModuleLoad?

damned
May 6th, 2022, 13:05
I cant think of any way to code that sorry.

hawkwind
July 5th, 2022, 19:53
just tried to open some Mongoose traveller 2 modules (MGT2) in prep to run some Savage Traveller and all bar a few wont open....any idea why this ruleset doesn't play ball?

LordEntrails
July 5th, 2022, 21:05
just tried to open some Mongoose traveller 2 modules (MGT2) in prep to run some Savage Traveller and all bar a few wont open....any idea why this ruleset doesn't play ball?
Traveller 2E is not in the supported list of the OP. I suspect it can be added, but needs to be done explicitly. You could open the extension and try yourself, otherwise damned might be able to do so with a new build.

hawkwind
July 5th, 2022, 21:30
i looked at the xml file in the ext on my computer and it is there ,MGT2
it loads a few adventure mods from the pirates of Drinax but nothing else

Trenloe
July 6th, 2022, 00:20
i looked at the xml file in the ext on my computer and it is there ,MGT2
it loads a few adventure mods from the pirates of Drinax but nothing else
I've done some testing and it looks like the ruleset the main Mongoose 2E modules are tagged with is "Traveller"

If you add Traveller as a ruleset name to the Universal Modules extension then you'll be able to load those modules.

damned
July 6th, 2022, 15:43
Ive added a few more including "Traveller" just now.

hawkwind
July 6th, 2022, 16:07
Thanks guys . Traveller will now be savaged!

Evilthorne
August 7th, 2022, 17:37
Hello,

I have just used this extension to convert a purchased Hollow's Last Hope for savage worlds to pathfinder 1e. After changing a lot of the encounters, adding maps and images and notes I am finding that when I add an encounter to the combat tracker it does not populate the attacks and AC of that monster. I can drag Monsters from the bestiary directly but it still does not populate those values.
I have the pathfinder rules selected and I am running a bunch of extensions as well, but all of these I run for my curse of the crimson throne module with no issues.

LordEntrails
August 7th, 2022, 18:34
Hello,

I have just used this extension to convert a purchased Hollow's Last Hope for savage worlds to pathfinder 1e. After changing a lot of the encounters, adding maps and images and notes I am finding that when I add an encounter to the combat tracker it does not populate the attacks and AC of that monster. I can drag Monsters from the bestiary directly but it still does not populate those values.
I have the pathfinder rules selected and I am running a bunch of extensions as well, but all of these I run for my curse of the crimson throne module with no issues.
So using UME you have opened a Savage World product and are trying to drag monsters from the SW product to the CT in PF1E? It would be expected that some things won't populate. Monsters/NPCs have different field/attribute definitions in different rulesets..

For example, in SW, AC might be an attribute called "armorClass" while in PF1E is might be "aClass". So they are not the same things and FG won't know to convert one to the other. pretty sure the OP explains that things like NPCs, Items, spells etc are not likely to be used as is.

If you want to use any of those types of items, you will need to copy them in the campaign, then open it up and edit al the fields so they make sense and so that you give values to all the empty ones.

Zacchaeus
August 7th, 2022, 18:34
Hello,

This will have nothing to do with the universal modules extension and very likely everything to do with some other extension that you are running. All that the universal modules extension does is allow you to open a module made for one ruleset in a campaign set up for another ruleset.

Trenloe
August 7th, 2022, 18:41
I can drag Monsters from the bestiary directly but it still does not populate those values.
The universal modules extension doesn't do anything to the base code of a ruleset. So, if you're dragging a creature from a PF1e bestiary module to the combat tracker and some data isn't populating, then it's going to be an issue with the source data (the bestiary module) or another extension you're running - not the Universal Module Extension.

Evilthorne
August 7th, 2022, 19:16
Sorry, I may not have been clear enough. I am running a separate game of CT or Curse of the crimson throne for Pathfinder 1e that I am using a bunch of extensions with.
I purchased the savage world Hollow last hope module off of the store and enabled the exact same extensions plus the module extension.

I then converted all the encounters over to PF 1e, by deleting the original listing and adding the new one in from the PF bestiary.

Evilthorne
August 7th, 2022, 19:23
I take it back, I just disabled all of the extensions and it works now...So to begin the task of finding out which one is causing it.

Thank you for the help.

Whaley
November 29th, 2022, 01:56
Anyone else have this extension not showing up? I double checked that it is in my extensions folder as it has always been but doesn't show up in the list of available extensions. Tried multiple rulesets as well...

damned
November 29th, 2022, 01:59
Its called something like: Feature - Universal Module Extension

Whaley
November 29th, 2022, 02:06
Its called something like: Feature - Universal Module Extension

I swear I looked for that and missed it...started sweating a little because I have a game coming up that is using PF2 adventure using SWADE rules for...lol. Thanks!

Yggiz
April 15th, 2023, 00:46
I am converting D1-D3 and Queen of the Demonweb Pits from 1E to 5E D&D. The extension is working wonderfully. It is a great timesaver!

amanwing
August 21st, 2023, 18:54
could there be an option for rulests to show? For example I want my 5e stuff but no CoC or Cyberpunk showing up. Mabye add an option to only show some or all?

Trenloe
August 21st, 2023, 19:04
could there be an option for rulests to show? For example I want my 5e stuff but no CoC or Cyberpunk showing up. Mabye add an option to only show some or all?
These can't be covered via an "option" setting - they need to be hard coded into the extension. You could look at the extension and create your own extension with just the rulesets you want enabled.

amanwing
August 21st, 2023, 19:14
These can't be covered via an "option" setting - they need to be hard coded into the extension. You could look at the extension and create your own extension with just the rulesets you want enabled.
I just did that after reading your text. Didn't know that it was that simple :D

Trenloe
August 21st, 2023, 20:30
I just did that after reading your text. Didn't know that it was that simple :D
Nice one!