PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Round

goodmanje
November 11th, 2017, 01:29
How is the surprise round handled in the combat tracker? I tried dropping the surprised effect on the characters but attacks against them still didn't use the flat footed AC.

Trenloe
November 15th, 2017, 20:51
There's no "surprised" effect in the 3.5E/Pathfinder ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects

If you want attacks to be against flat-footed AC then use the GRANTCA effect on those who are surprised or who haven't acted yet.

goodmanje
November 15th, 2017, 23:49
Where the heck did I come up with the "surprised" effect? lol

There is no telling what I was actually putting on the characters.... I see one now under the list of conditions called "Flat Footed". That should do the trick. Thanks!!

swbuza
November 19th, 2017, 03:28
What does the Flat-footed effect do then? Nothing?

Moon Wizard
November 19th, 2017, 05:59
If the defender of an attack has the "Flat-footed" effect, then the attack has "combat advantage" (i.e. flat-footed AC will be used to defend against the attack).

Cheers,
JPG

Callum
November 20th, 2017, 16:19
It woud be nice if there was an easy way to apply the "flat-footed" effect to everyone on the Combat Tracker, with the effect set to expire on their first turn.

goodmanje
November 20th, 2017, 17:48
Yea, I was thinking there was a menu option until I decided to run some practice combat scenerios. That's when I realized I didn't know how to handle surprise in the PF ruleset...

Nylanfs
November 21st, 2017, 14:19
So would you say you were "Surprised" to find that out?

Erin Righ
November 21st, 2017, 15:54
So would you say you were "Surprised" to find that out?

You seriously suck....

goodmanje
November 21st, 2017, 20:11
Exactly, I was caught flat footed. Hehe