PDA

View Full Version : Sunless Citadel Player Map

not_so_there
November 10th, 2017, 17:41
Has anyone else had an issues with unmasking area slowing down and pausing for significant amounts of time on the Sunless Citadel Fortress-Players Map or have a solution for ways to handle it or speed it up? It happens even with nothing positioned on the map token wise. I've reset the mask, and made sure to revert the map as well.

LordEntrails
November 10th, 2017, 17:45
It probably has more to do with network load than anything about the map specifically. When you unmask, FG has to send that info to each and every player/client. So if you have a lot of players connected, or one of your players have a slow connection, you're just going to have to wait while the data is transferred :(

not_so_there
November 10th, 2017, 18:00
It probably has more to do with network load than anything about the map specifically. When you unmask, FG has to send that info to each and every player/client. So if you have a lot of players connected, or one of your players have a slow connection, you're just going to have to wait while the data is transferred :(
I was not clear, sorry. No one is connected, this is when I was testing and doing setup. Now that I am looking more and opening other or new campaigns it seems to be slow in general now.

not_so_there
November 10th, 2017, 18:29
This appeared to be a hard drive issue. The data for FG is stored on a 2nd drive and after running a repair on it the slowness is significantly better.