PDA

View Full Version : Error when opening an image from purchased product

WhtZombie
November 10th, 2017, 06:33
The image opens but a GM console box opens with the following error - Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua"]:51: attempt to index global 'header' (a nil value)
This happens no matter what image I am attempting to own.
Occasionally when I open an image I get an even more detailed error message -
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua"]:51: attempt to index global 'header' (a nil value)
Runtime Notice: s'Destroying widgets'
Runtime Notice: s'Image.onInit'
Runtime Notice: s'Destroying widgets'
Runtime Notice: s'image.onInit, window dbnode = image.id-00002.image@Book of Lairs'
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua"]:51: attempt to index global 'header' (a nil value)

I have tried to search the forums and I found similar issues but nothing that quite matches what I am seeing. I just close the GM console box and it does not appear to affect things, just annoying. Anyone seen and or fixed this? Thanks.

damned
November 10th, 2017, 08:03
Hey WhtZombie it sounds like your download of that particular content is damaged. Nuke it and re-run the updater.

Moon Wizard
November 10th, 2017, 10:27
WhtZombie,

Are you running any extensions? The runtime notices that are appearing in your console are not part of our standard ruleset code.

Regards,
JPG

WhtZombie
November 10th, 2017, 15:44
WhtZombie,

Are you running any extensions? The runtime notices that are appearing in your console are not part of our standard ruleset code.

Regards,
JPG

I am only running "approved extensions" but good call on that with these two suggestions I am going to nuke the whole app and reinstall. Past campaigns are wrapped up and just eating up space :). I will report back if this has cleared things up and will add, then test, any extensions. Thanks all.

Trenloe
November 10th, 2017, 20:10
I am only running "approved extensions"...
Not sure what you mean by "approved extensions". The debug you posted is suggesting that you are running some community extensions. Which, even if the developer says they are compatible with the latest version of FG could have issues.

I'd remove your extensions one-by-one and see which is causing the error.

WhtZombie
November 10th, 2017, 22:18
Not sure what you mean by "approved extensions"..........
What I meant by "approved extensions" are the ones YOU compiled at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22975-5E-Community-extensions&highlight=extensions
I realize the list says they needed to be verified to work with the latest update.
So, I will keep with my original plan and just nuke and reinstall and see how things run; first without any ext then add them one by one to see which one may be the cause.

Trenloe
November 10th, 2017, 22:24
What I meant by "approved extensions" are the ones YOU compiled at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22975-5E-Community-extensions&highlight=extensions
Like I said, community extensions. Nowhere does that thread say that these are officially approved or anything else to that effect. And, if you didn't realise, I am not a SmiteWorks employee - I'm just a community moderator. Just because I compile a thread to provide an easy set of links to a bunch of community extensions doesn't make those extensions approved, tested, or anything else.

WhtZombie
November 10th, 2017, 22:54
Right, take it easy no need to blow a stack... Never blamed anyone for my issue, the quotes were used to imply they were not Official extensions; rather game enhancements. Many a time I have loaded a module in a PC game i.e. Fallout 4 and am fully aware of what they can, cannot, and sometimes do to your experience. I was trying to imply that I did not cobble something together and maybe someone using one of the "well known" (hope that does not confuse) extension and had a work around\fix.
And yes I saw the Moderator above your avatar so I made the correct assumption there, whew....

Trenloe
November 10th, 2017, 23:06
The written word can be frequently misconstrued. For example, it would have been very easy for me to misconstrue when you used the capital "YOU" (referring to me) as somehow blaming me for something.

I was not blowing a stack, I was just making sure you were fully aware of everything relating to your original issue, using extensions and whether such extensions were approved or not.