PDA

View Full Version : Networking Issues are the death of me.

CriticalXHit
November 9th, 2017, 18:29
I'm trying to resolve these Port Forwarding issues.
Things I'm running:

Mac (latest os update)
Comcast xFinity
I looked at the website that has user manuals for routers, but I didn't find my router model listed, so I'm not sure what to do, and I'm afraid I don't know enough about the subject that even if I contacted xfinity support I likely wouldn't be able to give them enough information to help fix the problem.

I got to here but I honestly can't make heads or tails and there's so many topics on the subject I can't seem to figure out which one to follow.

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Trenloe
November 9th, 2017, 18:36
Set the IPv4 address to the IP address of the GM computer.

Start Port and End Port = 1802.

Remove everything from the IPv6 entry.

Leave the rest as is.

CriticalXHit
November 9th, 2017, 18:43
I can't delete anything in the IPv6 field.

CriticalXHit
November 9th, 2017, 18:48
Set the IPv4 address to the IP address of the GM computer.

Start Port and End Port = 1802.

Remove everything from the IPv6 entry.

Leave the rest as is.
Wait! It worked! Awesome! Thank you!!!

Trenloe
November 9th, 2017, 19:03
Wait! It worked! Awesome! Thank you!!!
No worries. Glad it worked! :)

chrisiav
December 8th, 2017, 14:56
I also am using a comcast infinity router. I am trying to switch FG to a different computer. Players can connect fine on my old computer. I tried to follow the above advice to open the port but I get an alert that it conflicts with other service. The alert tells me to check port and IP. Is that because I have FG on the other computer? Any ideas on how to make the switch?

LordEntrails
December 8th, 2017, 14:59
You can only have port forwarding set to one computer. So you have to remove your old rule and create a new one. Or change the IP that the rule points to. Or, switch the IPs of your two computers. Whichever makes most sense to you.