PDA

View Full Version : Connection Issues with a CUJO Firewall

Galymyr
November 8th, 2017, 16:11
So I've been having issues with the connection failure for a while now and since I'm about to start hosting a game I started troubleshooting. I'm using an ORBI Router with a CUJU firewall in DHCP configuration. Yesterday, per the CUJO instructions for port forwarding in DHCP configuration, I created a port forwarding rule on the router internal interface (10.0.0.1) to forward all port 1802 traffic to the CUJO (10.0.0.2), and then created a rule on the CUJO to forward all traffice on port 1802 to my Desktop (192.168.0.32). Rules went active and the connection test was a success. Yay! Fast forward to this morning.

Connection test is now failing. All rules still in place, and my desktop does have a static IP assigned and is listed correctly in the Fantasy Ground launcher. To further complicate the issue I"m no longer able to reach the Fantasy Grounds update server and the update keeps timing out. When I tether my desktop to my iPhone and connect via the AT&T cellular network the update works just fine; the connection test still fails but I assumed that was just some strage port forwarding issue while tethering with an iPhone. I check the CUJO logs and discover that it blocked IP 70.35.199.236 from accessig my desktop right around the time yesterday that the new rules would have went into place for the port forwarding. I'm guessing that IP is a legit external IP for a Fantasy Grounds server but before I whitelist it I wanted to confirm that with someone here. Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, used NSLOOKUP to confirm that IP belongs to fg-web.fantasygrounds.com. Update now works and connection test is successful. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future who's having the same issue.

LordEntrails
November 8th, 2017, 16:50
Thanks for updating with the solution :)