PDA

View Full Version : Have Some Rippers & Rippers Resurected Questions

Jay_NOLA
November 7th, 2017, 23:34
I've got a few Rippers & Rippers Resurrected FG Questions. I got the recent Rippers/Rippers Resurrected Bundle of Holding and was planning on getting either Ripper or Rippers Restructured in a few weeks during the next big store sale, which I think is on Black Friday or Cyber Monday of this month. My plan is to get either: a.) Rippers/Rippers Companion or Resurrected Player and GM Guides. I'll get the Rippers token module regardless of which one I get.

1.) Out of Rippers and Rippers Resurrected for FG which is the better buy and which one will I have a greater chance of finding players for currently? I do want to run the plot point campaign in which everyone I get

2.) I saw some posts to a FG version of the Blank Ankh Adventure. Is this available for purchase in the store or did it get pulled for some reason? If I go with Rippers/Rippers Companion as my purchase option I most likely want to get it.

3.) Are any of the Savage Worlds Companions going to be useful aside from the Horror Companion for Rippers/Rippers Resurrected? If you give multiple please give best order to purchase in as I'm no rush to get them.

4.) Rippers used an older damage rules and latter modules had a sidebar with the change to make. Does the FG version use the older damage f or the newer. If older can you change damage easily to newer. So for example Str+1 can get changed to Str+1d4.

5.) Rippers has a free PDF of additional new Adventure Cards and one designed to replace one with a more Rippers specific version. If a image size is 1 pixel larger in one dimension is this going to be a problem? Did anyone add them in or try using them with the FG Adventure Deck and how did that go?

6.) Any other FG stuff I ought to go and get to help run either of these.

7.)Anything I ought to be aware of about the FG versions of Rippers and Rippers Resurrected?

Moon Wizard
November 8th, 2017, 01:28
I believe Ikael was one of the developers on Rippers Resurrected, so he would be familiar with differences.

Cheers,
JPG

Doswelk
November 8th, 2017, 23:33
I've got a few Rippers & Rippers Resurrected FG Questions. I got the recent Rippers/Rippers Resurrected Bundle of Holding and was planning on getting either Ripper or Rippers Restructured in a few weeks during the next big store sale, which I think is on Black Friday or Cyber Monday of this month. My plan is to get either: a.) Rippers/Rippers Companion or Resurrected Player and GM Guides. I'll get the Rippers token module regardless of which one I get.

1.) Out of Rippers and Rippers Resurrected for FG which is the better buy and which one will I have a greater chance of finding players for currently? I do want to run the plot point campaign in which everyone I get

Rippers is the original campaign and uses the original damage system that existed when the ruleset was created. Rippers resurrected is a sequel to the original campaign and uses the SW deluxe ruleset.

2.) I saw some posts to a FG version of the Blank Ankh Adventure. Is this available for purchase in the store or did it get pulled for some reason? If I go with Rippers/Rippers Companion as my purchase option I most likely want to get it.

Black Ankh was converted I am unsure if it is still for sale.

3.) Are any of the Savage Worlds Companions going to be useful aside from the Horror Companion for Rippers/Rippers Resurrected? If you give multiple please give best order to purchase in as I'm no rush to get them.

You do not need any to play Rippers/Rippers resurrected.

4.) Rippers used an older damage rules and latter modules had a sidebar with the change to make. Does the FG version use the older damage f or the newer. If older can you change damage easily to newer. So for example Str+1 can get changed to Str+1d4.

You can change the damage for each creature in the Rippers module.

5.) Rippers has a free PDF of additional new Adventure Cards and one designed to replace one with a more Rippers specific version. If a image size is 1 pixel larger in one dimension is this going to be a problem? Did anyone add them in or try using them with the FG Adventure Deck and how did that go?

I have only ever created a custom deck for 50 Fathoms and I used my own versions of the the graphics in photoshop, I did not have any problems, but I resized all the graphics to fit my cards.

6.) Any other FG stuff I ought to go and get to help run either of these.

ALL OF IT :P

7.)Anything I ought to be aware of about the FG versions of Rippers and Rippers Resurrected?

Although I created both the rulesets I have only been a player in the original rippers, I enjoyed it.

flynnkd
November 10th, 2017, 07:02
I am currently playing Rippers, and the stuff I am using is:
Adventure Deck
Fantasy Companion
Horror Companion
Rippers

The extension modules I use are:
SW Character Contacts
SW Defeated Markers Addon Sampler
SW Enhanced Library
SW Fear Penalties
SW Global Effects
SW NPC Maker
Message of the Day

You do need to think about which Fear/Sanity/Reason system you want to use ahead of time. I like the Fear Penalties addon and have converted Fear from being a sort of AOE generic roll to an actual attack type that does Fear damage, allow Succour to heal Fear.

The Global Effects addon is also really good, you can create custom entries, like a Deadlands Fear zone modifier, and apply it to all players. Same for lighting etc.

I prefer original Rippers to the later version because I find the story line there to be more interesting.

Jay_NOLA
November 10th, 2017, 18:52
Thanks,
that is helpful. So I'll be getting the Fantasy Companion it seems in the future at some point.

rodney418
November 15th, 2017, 23:32
Just get the Rippers Resurrected module, the first one isn't really worth it. The Horror Companion is handy as well, but not vital. You don't need the Fantasy Companion at all for Rippers.

Jay_NOLA
November 27th, 2017, 23:42
Thanks for the replies.
I ended up getting both Rippers and Rippers Resurrected.

I was able to get both due to not spend as much as I usually do on groceries the past few weeks, as result of being only able to eat mashed potatoes, ramen noodles, and slim fast due to blotched dental work in late October that ended up causing massive pain, inability to eat and drink for a week and an infection which end with me having to get a tooth pulled the day before Thanksgiving and having to be on a restricted diet for the next few weeks and may have to have another 2 teeth pulled in the future the dentist who messed up the one that had to be pulled messed up the 2 next to it as well depending on how my mouth heals and if I still am having pain.

I also grabbed the Fantasy Companion and the other Companions I didn't have in PDF form from Pinnacle's website and I'll grab the FG versions in the future.

Did have a question about Fear does the setting play better if you use the Guts skill? I know the skill was dropped in the deluxe edition except for some settings and it took me a good bit of searching to find out how it works. (Pinnacle had a free PDF with its's description for another setting.)

damned
November 28th, 2017, 00:08
I think there is a silver lining somewhere in that tale Jay!
I hope you get thru this with the rest of your teeth intact!

flynnkd
November 28th, 2017, 03:41
I don't use Guts, just straight Spirit rolls, seems fine to me. I do however use the +1 per Level (20pts) bonus, and I use the Fear Areas idea from Deadlands, which in retrospects may be superfluous...but I like it.

JohnD
November 28th, 2017, 06:55
Perhaps you should complain to the Dental Society that presides over the guy who keeps messing up your dental work.

Jay_NOLA
November 29th, 2017, 22:33
@damned Thanks, I went back to 2nd dentist yesterday who did extraction (not the one who caused problems) and got put on more pain medicine and he put some paste in the socket and added a stitch so the socket where extraction was so my mouth would heal faster. He said it is too early to tell if one of the other teeth next to it is going to need to be pulled because of what the 1st dentist did, bu it is looking more likely I'm going to lose another tooth and have no bottom right molars. I ended up spending yesterday and most of today just sleeping cause of the medicine.

@JohnD I filed complaints with my insurance company over the dentist who messed up mouth. I'll be filing a complaint with the dental board. Insurance doesn't want to pay for the necessary repairs. The dentist who caused the problems got let go from the office he was at last week. I also contacted a lawyer about taking legal action against dentist. (One problem with reporting medical personal and getting legal remedies is the laws in my state Louisiana makes it very difficult and costly to sue medical personnel. They have a damage cap and you have to go through a medical review board first to get permission and only about 5% cases are allowed to go through. Trying to sue can cost you more than you can recover and just about no lawyers do dental malpractice, fund one who did that needs to see dental records first. Back in 2015 & got injured badly by a hospital, got nerve damage on my right arm as a result, and got to learn how messed up the legal system is the reporting agencies also in that case helped the hospital cover stuff up and my medical records were altered and the agencies did numerous delay and lie stuff to run out the statue of limitations and prevent any action as what occurred was very serious and it could have resulted and still might in a major scandal.

@flynnkd, Thanks, what are Fear Areas? I'm not familiar with Deadlands. I'm a beginner to Savage Worlds.

flynnkd
November 29th, 2017, 22:59
There was a term for them, but essentially the bad guys create a area of Fear that has an inherent negative modifier, concentration of Fear. They went form -1 to -6, with -6 being a Deadland (sic) - the vegetation started warping. These areas could be quite large, not just a dungeon, they could be 100s of miles wide once a really nasty bad guy moved in. The modifier was applied to ALL fear rolls made within the area. To counter this players were given +1 per level (20exp) to fear rolls/guts rolls.

Jay_NOLA
November 30th, 2017, 17:32
There was a term for them, but essentially the bad guys create a area of Fear that has an inherent negative modifier, concentration of Fear. They went form -1 to -6, with -6 being a Deadland (sic) - the vegetation started warping. These areas could be quite large, not just a dungeon, they could be 100s of miles wide once a really nasty bad guy moved in. The modifier was applied to ALL fear rolls made within the area. To counter this players were given +1 per level (20exp) to fear rolls/guts rolls.

Ok thanks. That sounds similar to how in the Rippers to Rippers Resurrected conversion notes how you get a negative Fear penalty modifier that increases as the campaign advances if you chose to run it with Resurrected rules.