PDA

View Full Version : players and char selection

rh4300
March 2nd, 2006, 11:50
i'm a little bit confused about players, char seletion and the owner - tag:
[more a theoretical example - i hope i'll never have this problem]

if a player connects to a game he'll see every available char for selection. so it's easy for a player to choose a different char and cause some mischief or just looking what attributes, skills etc. he/she has.
as far as i can see there is an entry owner = "true" added to the holder tag of the last player who selected the character, but there are no restrictions on using a character.

the reason behind this: i usually play play one npc which accompanies the players most of the time. i want to enter it into a full charsheet (not the reduced one from npc personalities). but when i enter it as a normal character, my players can view it easily.

is there an option to hide chars or to restrict them to a specific player?

thanks,
RH

Dupre
March 2nd, 2006, 13:24
From the next version onwards, you will only be able to choose a character owned by you, or characters made available by the GM.

rh4300
March 2nd, 2006, 14:04
From the next version onwards, you will only be able to choose a character owned by you, or characters made available by the GM.

no offense meant, but i really love you, guys :D

gurney9999
March 2nd, 2006, 14:11
Very cool!

Cantstanzya
March 2nd, 2006, 17:32
That is great news! I was wondering when that was going to be addressed. 1.06 is really shaping up to be the best release yet.