PDA

View Full Version : PFS #8–02: Ward Asunder (Tier 3-7) Saturday Nov 11 8:00pm EST (01:00 am UTC)

KevenSimmons
November 5th, 2017, 19:22
Pathfinder Society Scenario #8–02: Ward Asunder is designed for 3rd through 7th-level characters (Subtiers 3–4 and 6–7)

Centuries ago, a portion of a temple of Yamatsumi was transported into the extraplanar realm known as the Hao Jin Tapestry. Now, the portions of the temple that were left behind have been found high up in the Kullan Dei mountains in Dtang Ma. Your mission is to explore the temple’s secluded location and discover any historical secrets or hidden treasures that might still remain.

Game Calendar can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2839

To sign up, please post a reply here with your character information.

Game Session:
FG Server Alias: keen roll huge hook
TeamSpeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
TeamSpeak Password: Dungeoneers

Malkavian_Andi
November 5th, 2017, 21:23
I'm up for this, even though it's going to be quite late for me. But it's on the weekend, so that's going to be ok.

I'll take a look at what others want to bring and which subtier we'll be heading for before narrowing down my character choices.

KevenSimmons
November 5th, 2017, 21:56
Depending on who signs up and what time zone they are in, we can shift the start time earlier if that works out better.

Blackfoot
November 5th, 2017, 23:06
If you were open to a morning game instead... I'd be up for it. Unfortunately, I have something going that evening.

KevenSimmons
November 6th, 2017, 00:52
I could run earlier in the day. I’ve added another slot option to the calendar and we’ll see who’s available.

Blackfoot
November 6th, 2017, 00:59
I can do the earlier time.. lots of PC options depending on the group:
Liberty's Edge Dowrimple Male Halfling Cavalier/7.0
Scarab Sages Prindlemire Male Gnome Sorcerer/7.0
Liberty's Edge Pimblington Male Gnome Bard/6.0
Grand Lodge Grum the Thug Male Half-orc Rogue (Thug)/6.0
Silver Crusade Iggy Toymaker Male Dwarf Alchemist/3.0
Liberty's Edge Inquisitor Stick Male Tengu Inquisitor/6.2
Silver Crusade Daydrocandri Male Gnome Oracle/3.2
Silver Crusade Thumpinollo Male Gnome Sacred Shield Paladin/3.0
Liberty's Edge Brom of the Stone Male Dwarf Menhir Savant Druid/4.0
Grand Lodge Spirit Walker Male Gnome Spirit Totem Barbarian/4.2
Scarab Sages Oban Ze Male Ifrit Sorcerer/3.0
Silver Crusade Thoom Male Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain/3.0

carlmund
November 6th, 2017, 09:13
Hi Keven,
I can do the first time (top) on the Calendar:
The Exchange Niala Male Human Cavalier/2 (I'm one Chronicle off 3) or I'm happy to get a pregen if that's ok.
Thanks,
Andrew

KevenSimmons
November 6th, 2017, 12:03
Please use the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2839)to indicate which session you are available to play. I will assume an explicit vote of "No" means not available at all for that session.

Blackfoot
November 6th, 2017, 13:54
In order to click the time on the calendar while still pending.. you need to leave the actual calendar entry via the 'return to game calendar' button.

KevenSimmons
November 6th, 2017, 15:18
Thanks Blackfoot, I didn't know that - all applicants have now been "accepted" on the calendar. To help eliminate confusion I also arranged it so the game time options show in chronological order.

cmdisc
November 8th, 2017, 13:52
Still time for the numbers to change, but currently you are a man down on each time slot. If Blackfoot's game is able to move to Sunday, you'll be able to pick both him and myself up for the Sat evening game. And I'd be amiable to either subtier.

Will know more on that later.

Blackfoot
November 8th, 2017, 14:48
Any idea which subtier we are looking at?

cmdisc
November 9th, 2017, 01:21
Since Carlmund will need to use a Pregen either way, both subtiers appear open.

My choices are:

Dr. Grimwell_6th lvl Tiefling Alchemist(Mindchemist); lots of knowledge skills and utility abilities.
Ozburn Borehammer_6th level Dwarven Gunslinger(Musket Master); straight up ranged touch attacker.
Krunch Rumblebum_3rd level Half-orc Brawler; Hugs. Lots and LOTS of hugs.
Savomae_3rd level Half-elven Magus (Hexcrafter); prehensile hair hex debuffer.

xazil
November 9th, 2017, 11:01
I'd prefer upper tier but could come on either.
Baranuk 4 - Warpriest (tank/off-heal)
Thaddeus 4 - Occultist (tank)
Baltyr 5 - Cavalier (melee)
Haplo 6 - Samurai (tank)
Kregar 6 - Dragon Disciple (melee/trapfinder)
Ragnar 7 - Druid (melee / spells)

KevenSimmons
November 9th, 2017, 11:46
So It looks like the later game slot is firm. He hasn't posted here yet, but if Brian is thinking of bringing Brekahna - then we'll be good for the higher tier.

Also, if folks want to shift the start time a little, I'm flexible in doing that. A little earlier might work out better for Andi, but maybe not so much for Xazil and Carlmund.

KevenSimmons
November 9th, 2017, 12:04
I will also need to know if any of the characters participating had previously played scenario #6–21: Tapestry’s Toil - and if so, whether or not they gained the "Tanbaru’s Respect" boon on the chronicle.

cmdisc
November 9th, 2017, 13:18
Well that's going to change my choice then. Since we're aiming for upper tier I have Logus, my 6th level Reach Bard (Archaeologist), who played through Tapestry's Toil with the Tanbaru's Respect boon still intact.

As for adjusting the time, I can't go any earlier, but I can start an hour or two later as the group desires.

xazil
November 9th, 2017, 13:24
I have Ulheim my Alchemist 7 who also has it. He has a few Tapestry runs from before that too...

xazil
November 9th, 2017, 13:25
For me you are starting way late. I'd prefer going earlier, but couldn't really go later.

KevenSimmons
November 9th, 2017, 13:56
OK - We'll keep the time as-is. That's 11:00AM Sunday morning for Xazil & Calmund, right?

xazil
November 9th, 2017, 14:00
Sorry, going to have to withdraw. I totally brain farted the time, I was thinking midnight, not noon.

KevenSimmons
November 9th, 2017, 14:06
Well, there were two times offered, one that would have been midnight Saturday your time and the other one that would be noon on Sunday - so you weren't totally off :)

cmdisc
November 9th, 2017, 14:40
xazil, you were here first. I think I'm the only one that was aiming for an evening game EST. If everyone else is good for the morning run, I can bow out. Not a biggie. More time with the family that way. :)

KevenSimmons
November 9th, 2017, 15:05
I believe Carlmund was not available at the earlier slot.

Malkavian_Andi
November 9th, 2017, 15:57
Since we're heading for the higher subtier, I'll bring Moto na Barafu, my 7th level suli monk. He doesn't have a chronicle for Tapestry's Toil, though, that one's on a level 8 character.
But Moto is a worshipper of Yamatsumi, so this might become fun for him.

I'll upload my xml either later today or tomorrow, but right now, I'll have to get ready to get to one of my regular gaming groups.

Blackfoot
November 9th, 2017, 17:40
Hrm. My 'Tapestry's Toil' character is level 10.

Blackfoot
November 9th, 2017, 17:54
Hmm... Upper Tier options: Liberty's Edge Dowrimple Male Halfling Cavalier/7.0
Scarab Sages Prindlemire Male Gnome Sorcerer/7.0
Liberty's Edge Pimblington Male Gnome Bard/6.0
Grand Lodge Grum the Thug Male Half-orc Rogue (Thug)/6.0
Liberty's Edge Inquisitor Stick Male Tengu Inquisitor/6.2
I'll probably go with Stick, Prindlemire, or Grum.. depending on who else we have. Trying to get my files together so I'd rather decide sooner than later.
Haplo - Monk
Logus - Archaeologist (Bard)
Brekahna - Efreeti Sorceress (maybe?)
-Some Pregen

Hmm.. looks like Stick or Prindlemire are my best options.. probably Stick.

bsktballchmp85
November 9th, 2017, 23:15
so what are we doing for tier choice here? I see a level 7 and a level 2 signed up. I have a level 6 sorc but nothing for lower tier but don't mind playing a pregen rogue if needed for lower tier orwhatever party needs. ive played most pregens

KevenSimmons
November 10th, 2017, 00:03
We are in Tier 6-7. Carlmund who posted a level 2 would have to play a pregen no matter what tier we are in because a Level 2 character isn't valid for the scenario. We kinda guessed you might be bringing Brekahna to the table ;)

cmdisc
November 10th, 2017, 01:46
Here is Logus' info. If you need the Tapestry's Toil chronicle, let me know.

Malkavian_Andi
November 10th, 2017, 15:37
Here's my info:

carlmund
November 11th, 2017, 11:11
Here is mine, horse and rider :)

KevenSimmons
November 11th, 2017, 13:28
Thanks Andrew. As Niala is 2nd level, she isn't a legal character to play in this module, so you will need to select a pregen character to play. You can then apply this game's chronicle to Niala when she reaches the same level as the pregen you used. (see page 6-7 of the PFS Guide for Organized Play v9.0 ).

I already have Fantasy Grounds data files for the following 7th level pregens: barbarian(Amiri), swashbuckler(Jirelle), cleric (Kyra), rogue (Merisiel), paladin (Seelah), sorcerer (Seoni).

There are also PDF files for all the legal pregens available for free on the Paizo site:
https://paizo.com/products/btpy9a64?Community-Use-Package-Pathfinder-Society-Pregenerated-Characters

although it might take you a while to build the FG character sheet for a pregen if it is one I don't already have.

carlmund
November 11th, 2017, 15:58
Hi Keven,
I did the Cavalier 7th Pregen. Is this ok? If not, I'm happy to go with whatever you give me :)
Thanks for GM'ing this,
Andrew

KevenSimmons
November 11th, 2017, 17:28
Oh yeah - that's fine. I only looked at the chronicle and since the XML had the same character name I didn't realize it was actually the iconic pregen build with Niala's name on it. My bad - All good.

MelanieSimmons
November 11th, 2017, 18:15
Sounds a little light on the healing side, so I'd like to join as pregen oracle Alahazra.

bsktballchmp85
November 11th, 2017, 21:42
hello kevin im having some big issues with other gms responding and making changes and getting me chronicles for brekahna I messaged Andrew a couple weeks ago and again this afternoon to make a change then it has to go to you and then to blackfoot and then back to you again so I don't know what you want me to do with her cause I obviously cant get you a recent chronicle

bsktballchmp85
November 11th, 2017, 21:47
so this is all I have for you for now until I can get the stuff situated by everybody else

KevenSimmons
November 11th, 2017, 21:50
Not a problem - We'll get Brekahna's stuff all caught up eventually.

KevenSimmons
November 11th, 2017, 23:46
Game Session:
FG Server Alias: keen roll huge hook
TeamSpeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
TeamSpeak Password: Dungeoneers

cmdisc
November 12th, 2017, 00:37
Sorry for the last minute timing here, guys, but I'm going to have to give up my spot for this. Too much to get done still and not enough time in the day left.

carlmund
November 12th, 2017, 11:12
Hi Keven,
Thanks again for GM'ing today. Could you please put the Chronicle to my second character 1719-2. I've actually rolled it up for your proposed game with the Scarab Sages faction game in mind :)
Andrew