PDA

View Full Version : New to FG couple of questions 1) About Chargen, 2) Game rules (CoC 7E and WOIN)

MoNeart
November 1st, 2017, 20:50
I thought that I would be able to import Hero Labs characters into CoC but I guess I misread an email or forum post and thought it was something official. If it is, and I'm just missing the steps on how to do it, please let me know! :)

Secondly, the WOIN I bought said "This is a What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. core rulebook. This product includes the WOIN ruleset needed for play and the existing WOIN rulebooks Future Careers, Future Equipment, Future Core, Space, and Building a Universe. Also included separately are a bonus EONS article entitled Resolve: Horror, Sanity, & Social Combat, providing an entirely optional rule straight from EONS, the official magazine of the WOIN roleplaying game system."

Where do I find these rule books? I only can find what looks like some tables from the rules. Are there pdf's somewhere I'm missing?

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2017, 20:58
Usually there is a HL import, but I don't use CoC so not sure. BEst to ask int eh forum specific to the ruleset you are interested in so you get ruleset specific answers :)

No PDF's. Start a WOIN campaign, then go to the Library > Modules and load the books you want/bought. If they don't show up there, make sure your account is setup (and linked if using Steam) in your settings, then run an a Update of FG, then do the campaign thing.

MoNeart
November 1st, 2017, 21:13
Thank you for the fast reply. It turns out under library, when you click on the link to the WOIN book, several links appear to tables, but a few down has one that says 'reference document' and the rules are in there. :)

damned
November 2nd, 2017, 01:48
Welcome MoNeart - there is no HeroLab import for CallOfCthulhu.