PDA

View Full Version : Adding Items to Investigators

MenzelG
November 1st, 2017, 06:53
Attached is the 1920s equipment list in drag and drop format for use in Call of Cthulhu.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21345

It's very possible that I've simply missed something but, is there a picklist already created for 1920's items (other than weapons) that can be used to add items to an investigator's inventory. I can find the lists in the Reference sections of the Investigator Handbook and Keeper Rulebook but, it doesn't seem like I can select the items from the list to add them to the Investigator sheet. If the lists don't already exist, is there a way that I could create them and then share them with the players?

damned
November 1st, 2017, 08:07
Welcome MenzelG

Are you by any chance in QLD?

As the rulebook Equipment Lists are really only a guide listing an item and a price and no other data we felt it was for the most part too generic to be utilised. There are a small number of exceptions.
Firearms and Weapons are included.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21267

MenzelG
November 2nd, 2017, 02:22
If 'QLD' is Queensland, then no. I'm in Minneapolis, MN.

The "equipment" example you're showing I agree is generic and could be left out. I was thinking more along the lines of the Investigator Tools and Medical Equipment type of stuff because that's not as generic and is more likely to be selected:

and this:

What's involved with creating something on my own to include that?

damned
November 2nd, 2017, 02:49
Hi MenzelG

There is no current plan to add those.
To create them for yourself (and in reality it is probably shareable as there is nothing proprietary about Jeweled Compass, Handcuffs, Mechanical Pencil etc) is to create a blank campaign, add the items one by one - the only data that is essential is the name and the only other info you are given is cost. Create categories for the items.
When done type /export in chat and fill out the details and select Items and you will have a re-usable Items module you can load into your other campaigns and potentially even share here.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21280

MenzelG
November 2nd, 2017, 04:35
Thank you for the help! I've begun creating the mod and have done Men's Clothing, Medical Equipment and Outdoor and Travel Gear. I will add more tomorrow.

Is there a standard place where mods are uploaded for everyone to share?

MenzelG
November 2nd, 2017, 04:41
I thought there was a way to attach files and after a little searching, I found it.

I've attached what I have so far.

damned
November 2nd, 2017, 04:43
Awesome - Ill check it out a bit later. Ill get a thread started where people can upload mods/extensions soon.

damned
November 2nd, 2017, 04:57
I just had a look - great job - thanks for sharing MenzelG.

MenzelG
November 3rd, 2017, 02:33
I've added quite a bit to the Equipment list. All of the BOLD categories have been added. The categories are alphabetical. I could fix them to match the books if that would be preferred. I don't know that I'll include items from the other categories unless asked. These are all 1920's items.

If anyone see any issues, please let me know.

Men's Clothing
Women's Clothing
Personal Care
Food & Beverages
Meals Out
Speakeasy Prices
Lodging
Real Estate
Furniture
Household Goods
Medical Equipment
Outdoor & Travel Gear
Luggage
Tents
Tools
Investigator Tools
Education
Transport
Non-US Vehicles
Vehicle Accessories
Air Travel
Train Fares
Sea Voyage (US/England)
Communications
Entertainment
Sports & Games
Firearm Ammunition

I was wondering, is there a way to attach an image to the item to show what it looks like? Just curious.

MenzelG
November 3rd, 2017, 02:48
I had a spelling error in the last one...here's it's been corrected.

damned
November 3rd, 2017, 03:16
Awesome. Well done. Ive amended your first post :)

dragonheels
November 3rd, 2017, 19:34
Thanks a lot! Very usefull!

Sjelsyk
November 5th, 2017, 12:01
Thanks for this! This has actually been on my mind for some time to do also, but I haven't gotten around to it. :)

MenzelG
November 6th, 2017, 05:54
You're all very welcome! I'm glad you're finding it useful. If anyone finds anything wrong with anything, let me know and I'll fix it.

bozo666999
July 25th, 2018, 17:02
Nice collection! my party will be pleased