PDA

View Full Version : Updating issue

Rogue
October 31st, 2017, 23:14
Hi All, I have been having a weird problem with FG. If I go to start a game as a DM, as soon as a player tries to connect, they get a "Host is running an incompatible version" error. So I have to back out of the game and hit the check for updates button. The update goes through and does not update anything, but when I restart the game people can join. This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to host a game. Anyone have any Ideas? Any fixes out there?

Zacchaeus
October 31st, 2017, 23:27
Are you using any extensions? Do you have any unzipped ruleset in your ruleset filder? Mac or PC?

damned
October 31st, 2017, 23:31
I think its very possible you have two FG installations on your computer. Can you search for FantasyGrounds.exe on your computer and see if there are two copies. Also search for CoreRPG.pak and see if there are two copies.

Rogue
October 31st, 2017, 23:42
AH HA!!!! I DO have two separate installations of FG! One in C drive, and one in F drive. My computer has two hard drives.

Thank you. I will delete one and see if that helps.

Rogue
November 1st, 2017, 00:04
All right! I deleted the extra one, and sure enough, that seems to have fixed it. Thank you guys for the help.

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2017, 00:43
Damned he's good!